Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3814594 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #5160 on: May 13, 2008, 11:43:50 pm »

Thanks for posting that fascinating article about the legal issues regarding Heath's will and inheritance issues.  It makes the head spin to think of all the complexities and possible scenarios.  Wow.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5161 on: May 14, 2008, 12:07:12 am »
not to start a whole discussion or anything, but I would guess (not venturing to know) that Heath would want his WHOLE family taken care of...

(i.e. mother, sister, father, daughter, etc.)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5162 on: May 14, 2008, 01:05:49 am »
not to start a whole discussion or anything, but I would guess (not venturing to know) that Heath would want his WHOLE family taken care of...

I had exactly the same thought, Bel.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5163 on: May 14, 2008, 01:07:27 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5164 on: May 14, 2008, 05:54:00 am »
Hi everyone,

On Heath's birthday this year, the wonderful and lovely RouxB and I went to the beach together in Santa Barbara, California, to express our love for Heath.  Here are some photos of our project.  We tried to remember the names of as many of the Heath Heath Heath thread Heathens as we could.  Any not included was completely due to forgetfulness at the time.  We considered ourselves there for everyone. 

:-*

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5165 on: May 14, 2008, 10:22:10 am »
Very beautifully done, Elle and Roux.  Thanks so much!   :-*  :-*  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5166 on: May 14, 2008, 10:25:22 am »

Yes, I would certainly think the same thing too.

But, the article that Elle posted about the legal issues, is pretty eye-opening, in seeing that varying inheritance laws define all of this on a somewhat different level than what most people would probably assume Heath's wishes were as an individual and on a human level.  When the laws are explained and spelled out, it's always a little hard (for me) to see how cold some of the language and issues are.  The part about determining who Matilda's parents are.. or any child born to unmarried parents (legally speaking... I mean the whole question of how a father is legally defined vs. how a mother is define) just seems so cold, even if it's pragmatic on some levels.  The whole part about how Heath's "wishes" or "intentions" would be interpreted legally speaking if the older child did exist and was determined to be his daughter is also fascinating and a little scary sounding too.  The inheritance issues in Heath's case definitely show important having a clear and updated will is!  That's for sure.

Anyway... Elle... This is so lovely.  Thanks for posting these pictures.  :-*  And thanks to both you and RouxB for this gesture.

Hi everyone,

On Heath's birthday this year, the wonderful and lovely RouxB and I went to the beach together in Santa Barbara, California, to express our love for Heath.  Here are some photos of our project.  We tried to remember the names of as many of the Heath Heath Heath thread Heathens as we could.  Any not included was completely due to forgetfulness at the time.  We considered ourselves there for everyone. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5167 on: May 14, 2008, 10:45:26 am »

Such a beautifully poignant gesture to have all those heartfelt messages of love washed into the ocean waves. I'm sure they'll find their way all the way across the Pacific Ocean to Australia.  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #5168 on: May 14, 2008, 10:46:53 am »

The Archibald exhibition closes next Sunday, so I went to visit the portrait of Heath again today.

Click here to read all about it http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,17936.msg370007.html#msg370007

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #5169 on: May 14, 2008, 11:37:04 am »
Very beautifully done, Elle and Roux.  Thanks so much!   :-*  :-*  :-*

Oh yes! Thank you both so so much!  :-* :-*

And thank you for today's Heath pic, Chrissi. I snook a peek at BM from work and got that big lovely picture up on my screen, I nearly fell off my chair.....

:)