Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3832998 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6510 on: September 14, 2008, 03:10:40 am »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6511 on: September 14, 2008, 03:11:11 am »
My favorite scene in A Knight's Tale:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6512 on: September 14, 2008, 03:12:02 am »
And another...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6513 on: September 14, 2008, 04:17:17 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Is Chrissi sleeping in? I'll dig up a few oldies from my Photobucket...

Yup, it was 2am this morning when I came home and I slept in. Thanks for jumping in :)
Staying on the theme of 'costume movies', here are some Casanova shots :)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6514 on: September 14, 2008, 12:19:54 pm »
My favorite scene in A Knight's Tale:

I love the dance scene in AKT, I play it over and over again on Youtube. It is officially when I first fell for Heath.So few men can dance.Apologies to those who can !!!
Whe he first appeared on the screen in AKT, minus the long tatty locks,I thought he was one of the most utterly gorgeous men I had ever laid eyes on.

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6515 on: September 14, 2008, 09:26:26 pm »
Is Chrissi sleeping in? I'll dig up a few oldies from my Photobucket...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's so funny and cute! Heath acting silly and crazy on the picture brings a smile to my heart. ;D

And I also love the photos where he's wearing his costumes for his movies. Those shots from "Casanova" were like 'awe'. He's a very beautiful man.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6516 on: September 15, 2008, 12:46:59 am »

Already Monday morning again :P. Why is the weekend always too short?
I stumbled across this collage on a google image search. The google link led directly to BetterMost! Phillip posted it, ages ago (early in 2006), but I didn't save the link and don't know who made it.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6517 on: September 15, 2008, 04:24:44 am »
Heath Ledger's dream hangout becomes reality

By ninemsn staff

A New York bar that Heath Ledger helped nurture with ideas and funds will open this week — just as the legendary actor had wanted.

Before his death in January, the Australian actor had gone into partnership with friend Jud Mongell to establish the bar as a place where he and his friends could hang out.

Ledger's father said he felt satisfied to help see his son's plans through, The Sydney Morning Herald has reported.

"Heath always intended helping Jud get into the restaurant business, so he put his money where his mouth was and committed to the lease and committed to the plans," Kim Ledger was quoted as saying.

Ledger had applied for the liquor licence, committed to the lease and even planned to get behind the bar and DJ, according to Mr Mongell.

"I took him skateboarding around the neighbourhood, showed him a lot of places for lease. I brought him over here and he liked it right away," Mr Mongell said.

"We're 50:50 partners still… he was not like some removed investor," Mr Mongell said.

The interior of the bar, in Brooklyn across the East River from Manhattan, is brimming with Ledger's ideas and touches.

Its rustic dècor has a distinct Australian feel — and a bow-shaped bar and deckchairs represents Ledger’s love of the sea.

Granite-topped bar tables have been engraved by his favourite tattooist, Scott Campbell — one as a chess board. Ledger was a keen chess player and often visited the New York’s chess clubs.

The Ledger family named the bar after an album by English singer-songwriter Nick Drake.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/631425/heath-ledgers-dream-hangout-becomes-reality

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6518 on: September 15, 2008, 04:37:57 am »
Ledger's bar to be a celebration
Ian Munro, New York
September 15, 2008 - 10:34AM
http://www.watoday.com.au/lifestyle/ledgers-bar-to-be-a-celebration-20080915-4gg2.html?page=-1

The Brooklyn bar opened by Heath Ledger's former business partner Jud Mongel (left) now in partnership with Ledger's father Kim. Photo: Trevor Collens

It was supposed to be the Brooklyn bar in which Heath Ledger would be most comfortable - a place in which the late actor not only invested, but that he helped conceive.

Only those who knew him well will discern the Heath touches: the engraved, granite-topped bar tables were his idea, as it was to have his favourite tattooist, Scott Campbell, from nearby Williamsburg, do the engravings.

It also was Ledger who wantedone table engraved as a chessboard. He played the game his father taught him at a nearby chess club and often beat the city's street chess hustlers, although he declined to take their money, his business partner, Jud Mongell, said last week.

Also engraved on the chess table is a scrawled love-heart, replicating one Ledger left on a note to a friend not long before his death in January.

The nautical theme - the space is furnished with deckchairs and fitted with a steel, bow-shaped bar to create the impression of being at sea - was an idea Mongell and Ledger had together.

The bar's name, Five Leaves, isa Ledger family decision, recalling an album by Nick Drake and a reference to the warning found near the end of a packet of Rizla cigarette papers.

This week the bar will finally open, not as a tribute to Ledger but as somewhere he would belong.

"We're 50:50 partners still," MrMongell said. "Heath is still my partner. He was fingerprinted for a liquor licence for the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration). He was going to DJ, bartend; he was not like some removed investor. At one point he put a bid in on the whole building. He was going to live upstairs.

"Heath was a very good chess player. He wanted a chessboard or two in here, so we could never not do that."

The bar has been completed because the actor's father, Kim, agreed to see it finished.

"Heath always intended helping Jud get into the restaurant business, so he put hismoney where his mouth wasand committed to the lease and committed to the plans," MrLedger said.

"He just wanted to be involved with his mates. He was just the kind of young man that gave a lot of people opportunities, all his friends, wherever they were in any part of life. That's just how hewas."

He said he it was satisfying to see that something his son envisaged had been finished. "Our family has suffered openly more than other families, in a way, because it's so public, but at the same time we're no different to other families that have lost children. It's heartbreaking."

Mr Ledger said the finished bar, with its rustic and recycled decor, was precisely the sort of place his son would have designed.

Mr Mongell, 35, is married to an Australian and befriended Ledger at a wedding on the Mornington Peninsula two years before the actor's death. They hit it off, becoming, as Mr Mongell said, dudes who hung out together.

They had in common the fact they were both returning to New York. They also had other shared interests in tattoos and food; they both liked Bills in Sydney and Cafe Gitane in Manhattan.

"I brought him over here andhe liked it right away," Mr Mongell said. "I took him skateboarding around the neighbourhood, showed him a lot of places for lease.

"He is still very important to all of us."

In contrast to Ledger's lonely death from an overdose of medicine in a Soho apartment, the bar hummed with activity last week during a function.

"I would just say it's a place where his friends swing by," Mr. Mongell said. "It's just more a place where the Australians in his life will continue to be around. We're still here; it's just Heath's no longer with us."

Click here to see 8 photos of the bar:
http://www.watoday.com.au/photogallery/lifestyle/heath-ledgers-brooklyn-bar-gallery/20080915-4gll.html

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6519 on: September 15, 2008, 02:53:09 pm »

Already Monday morning again :P. Why is the weekend always too short?
I stumbled across this collage on a google image search. The google link led directly to BetterMost! Phillip posted it, ages ago (early in 2006), but I didn't save the link and don't know who made it.

How lovely is that. Ennis in all his guises. I would love something like that for my walll. All this talf of the new bar opening in NewYork,in which Heath wa a partner. makes me wonder if there will be a portrait or painting of him,hung somewhere. Then I think again and decde he would have hated the idea.