Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3818990 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6800 on: November 25, 2008, 10:01:46 am »
The picture being used does almost look like he is doffing his cap and taking a final curtain call. Very sad, but I am sure very carefully chosen.

I am unsure about the Oscar, as I think it is too late in the main sense.Should have been less cowardly and awarded it to him for Ennis.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #6801 on: November 25, 2008, 12:08:51 pm »
I'm certain Heath is going to win it. 

(In fact I'm surprised his performance only garners a Supporting Actor nom, although I guess Batman is always technically the lead...)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6802 on: November 25, 2008, 12:40:36 pm »
I'm certain Heath is going to win it. 

(In fact I'm surprised his performance only garners a Supporting Actor nom, although I guess Batman is always technically the lead...)

Do you think so? I'm not sure about a nomination even.

I think it's too late either way.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 03:25:45 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #6803 on: November 25, 2008, 01:15:53 pm »
Ya think? I'm not sure about a nomination even.

Oh, I think it's a safe bet he'll be nominated. 

TDK is the second most grossing film of all time in the USA, and there was pretty unanimous consent among audience and critics alike that it was the Joker made the film worth seeing. Money talks. (Remember the Oscars "Titanic" received, including "Best Film". There is just no way that wasn't 98% due to the incredible teen angst-fuelled box office.) So I'll be quite amazed if Heath's not even nominated.

They're even running FYC ads for TDK as best film, and for Christian Bale as "Best Actor". I think those nominations are much more doubtful, - but who knows. IMO CB melted into the wallpaper and didn't leave me with any favourable impression at all in TDK. Talk about angst that just wasn't there....

It isn't too far out to think Heath might even win, though IMO that's much more doubtful since too many of the voters will rather scratch the back of someone who might reciprokate down the road.

At any rate, I'm with you Chrissi - it's too late anyway.

The only thing I'm thinking is that if he actually won, the golden guy might be a nice memento for Matilda.  :-\

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #6804 on: November 25, 2008, 02:31:55 pm »
Talking of awards, Heath was awarded something called GQ Actor of the Year Award only yesterday. His dad was there to accept on his behalf.  :-\  Further info if you follow the link. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24708144-5013560,00.html

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #6805 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:58 pm »
Talking of awards, Heath was awarded something called GQ Actor of the Year Award only yesterday. His dad was there to accept on his behalf.  :-\  Further info if you follow the link. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24708144-5013560,00.html

Thanks for this, Mika.  It's possible that this won't be the only posthumous honor awarded to our Heath.  Maybe you could also post this in the Remembrance Forum?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

retropian

« Reply #6806 on: November 25, 2008, 07:07:42 pm »
Oh, I think it's a safe bet he'll be nominated. 

TDK is the second most grossing film of all time in the USA, and there was pretty unanimous consent among audience and critics alike that it was the Joker made the film worth seeing. Money talks. (Remember the Oscars "Titanic" received, including "Best Film". There is just no way that wasn't 98% due to the incredible teen angst-fuelled box office.) So I'll be quite amazed if Heath's not even nominated.

They're even running FYC ads for TDK as best film, and for Christian Bale as "Best Actor". I think those nominations are much more doubtful, - but who knows. IMO CB melted into the wallpaper and didn't leave me with any favourable impression at all in TDK. Talk about angst that just wasn't there....

It isn't too far out to think Heath might even win, though IMO that's much more doubtful since too many of the voters will rather scratch the back of someone who might reciprokate down the road.

At any rate, I'm with you Chrissi - it's too late anyway.

The only thing I'm thinking is that if he actually won, the golden guy might be a nice memento for Matilda.  :-\

Yup, I agree. Strong probability bordering on certainty he'll be nominated, but there is always the possibility of a surprise. I also think it likely that he'd be nominated if he were still with us. Assuming he is nominated, it's toss up as to whether he'd win. In his favor is the indisputable greatness of his performance and characterization of the Joker, and many seem to feel he was deserved to win the last time he was nominated. These two things would be true if he were still with us. That he is no longer here is the likely reason he'd not win next year.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6807 on: November 26, 2008, 03:09:55 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Sometimes it has to be a Toronto pic for me... :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6808 on: November 26, 2008, 08:28:08 am »
Thanks for that Chrissi. I love the fact that you get a really good look at his great wrist tattoo.

He seems really at ease in that picture.  :) Love that smile...
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #6809 on: November 26, 2008, 10:09:09 am »
What Fabienne said!   :)

Big hugs from me to all Heathens 'cause I feel like it and you're a great bunch! :-*