Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3831256 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7070 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:19 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

retropian

« Reply #7071 on: January 11, 2009, 11:31:25 pm »
Heaths performance as the Joker was the performance of 2008. Christopher Nolan's gave a nice speech, and Heat is 1 step closer to an Academy Award.

Offline optom3

« Reply #7072 on: January 11, 2009, 11:42:32 pm »
I am simultaneously happy and sad. The "hole blasted in the future of cinema" statement by Chris Nolan, just about tore my heart out. What a truly wonderful way of phrasing it.

Tom Cruise went back up in my estimation as he looked genuinely pleased. Kate Winslet I have always liked and she appeared to have tears in her eyes. Robert D. looked very pissed off though.

Me I am back in tears again. Horrible day and very mixed emotions about the award.

I now know that the Oscars will be truly terrible to watch. Think I will do as tonight, catch it on Youtube after the event.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7073 on: January 12, 2009, 12:08:38 am »
I am simultaneously happy and sad. The "hole blasted in the future of cinema" statement by Chris Nolan, just about tore my heart out. What a truly wonderful way of phrasing it.

Nolan's speech really was eloquent.  :'(

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7074 on: January 12, 2009, 02:26:08 am »
Oh my. It's barely 7am but the day has me already in tears :'(

I watched the youtube Eric posted (thank you Eric :-*). I loved Chris Nolan.
I'm so glad Heath won. His performance as the Joker was incredible and he so deserves it. Yet, there's still bitterness that he didn't win for Ennis.
And of course there's this feeling of too little, too late :(.

:'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7075 on: January 12, 2009, 02:27:47 am »
Good morning Heathens

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7076 on: January 12, 2009, 02:28:46 am »

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #7077 on: January 12, 2009, 09:27:41 am »
I am simultaneously very happy and very sad too. A fully deserved win. Hope his dear ones will find some comfort in seeing how much he's loved and valued.
I wish he'd won for his role as Ennis too, but his role as Ennis,  BbM itself, Heath himself have become a legend. Time has confirmed that.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 01:39:48 pm by sel »
BbM, I swear

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #7078 on: January 12, 2009, 01:02:56 pm »
Philip Seymour Hoffman did an impression  of Truman Capote.  Who has ever wanted to see that movie twice?  Heath created the role of Ennis, with incredible humanity and subtlety.  There's no comparison, and there never will be. 

Very well said, Paul.

I'm glad Heath won and that Chris Nolan gave such a simple, eloquent speech.  Though I think it's true that Heath didn't win for Ennis because of an element of homophobia, there were other things in play, too.  Hoffman was older and his name had been coming up frequently in awards nominations, so I think he also won because of the "body of work" idea.  No one could have known that Heath's body of work was about to be cut off prematurely, alas.  The Joker gave them a chance to make amends.

I thought the clip they chose from TDK was particularly good.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7079 on: January 12, 2009, 01:50:39 pm »
Very well said, Paul.

I'm glad Heath won and that Chris Nolan gave such a simple, eloquent speech.  Though I think it's true that Heath didn't win for Ennis because of an element of homophobia, there were other things in play, too.  Hoffman was older and his name had been coming up frequently in awards nominations, so I think he also won because of the "body of work" idea.  No one could have known that Heath's body of work was about to be cut off prematurely, alas.  The Joker gave them a chance to make amends.

I thought the clip they chose from TDK was particularly good.

Which just goes to show that they should never take such things into consideration when deciding who should win. They should just have decided on the merits of the performance as it stands, not the career... Heath would have won for Ennis, no doubt.

And yeah, I think this award is all about making amends.

Damn, this is tough, and it isn't even January 22nd yet  :'(

Philip Seymour Hoffman did an impression  of Truman Capote.  Who has ever wanted to see that movie twice?  Heath created the role of Ennis, with incredible humanity and subtlety.  There's no comparison, and there never will be. 

thanks Paul.  :-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'