Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3830071 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7090 on: January 14, 2009, 11:19:50 pm »
J.U.D.E. I think you have a valid point. When a parent dies and  a child is the age Matilda was, there is little memory. That in its own way is very sad, as is the death of any family member. It seems too sad for words that Matilda will see and hear so many accolades about her father and yet have very little concious memory.

There surely will come a time when she either, gets very angry that he died, or grieve for a wonderful man she never really knew. Maybe even both. The only good thing is I am sure Michelle willdo an amazing job of helping her deal with things. She is allegedly putting together a short film of Heath, for Matilda.

I wonder will Matilda fall in love with her amazing dad and want him to be there to hold her.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7091 on: January 15, 2009, 02:00:52 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #7092 on: January 15, 2009, 12:40:31 pm »

I like this picture!  ;)

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #7093 on: January 15, 2009, 12:42:37 pm »
I agree.

In other news, the BAFTA nominations were announced today. At least one of the noms for "Supporting Actor" comes as no surprise, I guess:

SUPPORTING ACTOR:

ROBERT DOWNEY JR. – Tropic Thunder
BRENDAN GLEESON – In Bruges
PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN – Doubt
HEATH LEDGER – The Dark Knight
BRAD PITT – Burn After Reading

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #7094 on: January 15, 2009, 12:43:41 pm »
J.U.D.E. I think you have a valid point. When a parent dies and  a child is the age Matilda was, there is little memory. That in its own way is very sad, as is the death of any family member. It seems too sad for words that Matilda will see and hear so many accolades about her father and yet have very little concious memory.

There surely will come a time when she either, gets very angry that he died, or grieve for a wonderful man she never really knew. Maybe even both. The only good thing is I am sure Michelle willdo an amazing job of helping her deal with things. She is allegedly putting together a short film of Heath, for Matilda.

I wonder will Matilda fall in love with her amazing dad and want him to be there to hold her.

Och, that thought is so sad!  :(

It's going to be so weird to see Matilda grow up. I wonder how she'll be at age 14 pr 15 and how she will explain what she thinks and how she thinks about her dad. ..

j.U.d.E.

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #7095 on: January 15, 2009, 12:46:00 pm »
I agree.

In other news, the BAFTA nominations were announced today. At least one of the noms for "Supporting Actor" comes as no surprise, I guess:

SUPPORTING ACTOR:

ROBERT DOWNEY JR. – Tropic Thunder
BRENDAN GLEESON – In Bruges
PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN – Doubt
HEATH LEDGER – The Dark Knight
BRAD PITT – Burn After Reading

Aaaaah, if only he could be there too! I once went to the BAFTAs when he was there.. 

Mikaela,  :-* ! How'ya doing? Did you receive my card? I received yours!  :-* :-*

j.U.d.E.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #7096 on: January 15, 2009, 01:08:59 pm »
Aaaaah, if only he could be there too! I once went to the BAFTAs when he was there.. ..

Ohoh! When was that again, was it in 2006?

And yes.... I could have made it to London too,I'm sure - if the incentive was there.  :-\

Mikaela,  :-* ! How'ya doing? Did you receive my card? I received yours!  :-* :-*

Yes, i did indeed receive the card. Thank you!!  :-*
I'm doing reasonably OK, a bit of too much job stress going on. It's nice to come here to de-stress and "meet" friends.  :)

(That was why I didn't comment on the Golden Globes btw - I found the whole thing so superficial and hollow and shallow, inclusive of some actors/actresses' strategic prettily cried tears over Heath... I found no joy nor comfort in dwelling on any of that, quite the opposite.  :-\ )

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7097 on: January 15, 2009, 03:42:40 pm »
I like this picture!  ;)

j.U.d.E.

I could tell ;)

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #7098 on: January 15, 2009, 06:44:55 pm »
Ohoh! When was that again, was it in 2006?

And yes.... I could have made it to London too,I'm sure - if the incentive was there.  :-\

Yes, i did indeed receive the card. Thank you!!  :-*
I'm doing reasonably OK, a bit of too much job stress going on. It's nice to come here to de-stress and "meet" friends.  :)

(That was why I didn't comment on the Golden Globes btw - I found the whole thing so superficial and hollow and shallow, inclusive of some actors/actresses' strategic prettily cried tears over Heath... I found no joy nor comfort in dwelling on any of that, quite the opposite.  :-\ )

Ah okay. I hope the stress at work is temporary though Mikaela and that you are coping.

About the GGs, I've only seen it once, but found Chris Nolan's short speech, moving. The other actors/actresses they showed, you don't really know if they knew Heath personally or had ever met him even. I guess for some of them one year was enough time to get over his death. ...  :-\

j.U.d.E.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7099 on: January 16, 2009, 02:55:32 am »

Berlin again. There are just too many good ones to choose only three, so I decided to post another three.