Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8969802 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13590 on: March 26, 2015, 09:05:05 am »
Too funny.  As I finished typing that and I'm listening to the NCIS Benchmark CD on my computer, the song by Hank Williams that came on? "I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive".  ;D

Now there's a coincidence!  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13591 on: March 27, 2015, 09:45:54 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, I haven't seen "the end" but I do see the end of the work week today!  ;D

Confirmed my meeting this evening with friends for Chinese food at 7:15.  Can't stay too late, as I have to get up early to drive to Pa. with the parents tomorrow.

Let's see, what else is new??   My car just passed the 138K  mile mark,  my lease was renewed for the apartment, and they raised my rent by $5.00 a month. 

Other than that, status quo at the mo.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13592 on: March 27, 2015, 08:38:00 pm »
Now there's a coincidence!  LOL

According to NCIS boss Gibbs (Mark Harmon) and his set of rules, #9 is that there ARE no coincidences.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13593 on: March 28, 2015, 06:22:14 pm »

Hiya BetterMost Friends!

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?  I'll be having dinner with friends on Friday, but then early to bed as I must be up for 6am on Saturday (isn't there a law against that?) to go with my parents to Pennsylvania.

That's where mom's parents are buried, and each year she sends palm crosses to the family there, so they can put them on the grave for her.  This year the family is on the sick side (bad backs and such) so mom and dad are making the three hour drive to do it themselves.  Being 76 and 71, I'd offered to go with them, so I can drive the trip back.  We hope to be home by about 2:00 or so the same day.

Yes, that was the plan today.  We got up at 6:30, went to a diner for breakfast, and then hit the road for the 3 hour drive to Pa.  I slept the whole way there, my job was to drive home.

We had called some family and planned to meet after getting to the cemetery to place the crosses, 5 of them, on 5 different gravesites.

However, my parents didn't remember that Pa. is much cooler than we are here in NJ.  We got to the cemetery, and the ground was completely frozen, and there was no way these crosses were going in.  My dad and I even tried hammering a crowbar into the ground to make the hole, and the hammer just bounced off the crowbar.

We did still visit relatives, and we left the crosses with them, and they offered to put them on the graves once the ground thaws, or go up with fishing wire and tie them to the stones.

I drove home and we got back about 3:30 this afternoon.  I'm still at mom and dad's place, waiting for the laundry to finish.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13594 on: March 30, 2015, 01:07:47 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Because we all need  a little cuteness in our lives.

;D

Monday, back at work in my cubicle.  My new car insurance policy arrived over the weekend, I just mailed out the check.

strange dreams last night prevented real sleep, but I'm hopeful for tonight.  LOL   They weren't nightmares, just odd dreams about work.

Apartment was cleaned, and I'm feeling good overall as of late.

Hope you all can say the same!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13595 on: March 31, 2015, 08:57:42 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

LMAO!

Oh well, I do what  I can, and as long as there's a paycheck with my name on it, who am I to complain.

My email is filling up at work, and I need to get on that asap!  See you all soon!  Hope you're all well!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13596 on: April 01, 2015, 08:51:54 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

So, is everyone feeling good?

Nature got her April Fool's Day prank it last night when we got snow.  :o   It started snowing around 7PM last night, and not sure how long it lasted.  There was a coating on grass, but sidewalks and streets are clear.  A few cars had snow on them.

Today is a dinner for Mary, the woman who is retiring, and Friday is her last day.  We're all leaving work at 5:00 and I think we have the room until 8:00.  Should be nice.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13597 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:22 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Holy Thursday, the night the DC Heros and the Marvel Heros got together and had a massive dinner party.

:laugh: :laugh:

Ok, in all seriousness, it's the night of the Last Supper.

I'm going out to lunch today.   Mary, the woman I work for who is retiring as of tomorrow, wants to take me, Maria, Pamela and Shirley for lunch.

Should be fun!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13598 on: April 02, 2015, 10:34:49 am »
Happy Maundy Thursday to you, Chuck!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13599 on: April 03, 2015, 08:40:12 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Good Friday everyone!

I'm thinking we may be told to leave at 3:00 today instead of 4:30 or 5:00, for me that will depend on how much I get done today.

Mary's last day was yesterday, and she left of ton of stuff around for me to clean.  The new boss is here on Monday (not a holiday here in the US) so he can't come in and see this mess.  If I can't get it done before 3:00, I'll need to get it done after.

So I best get to it!  See ya later!!!