Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9019472 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #3520 on: August 30, 2008, 09:24:32 pm »
Maybe Chuck should have gone to the show with Guido.

Guido the killer Pimp?? :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3521 on: August 30, 2008, 10:39:13 pm »
My cousin Guido, and his partner, Mike.  They couldn't come to the bbq today, they had tickets to a show.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3522 on: August 31, 2008, 12:21:12 am »
Got this in the mail the other day.......I've certainly had many barbecues like this one.....

BBQ   RULES
We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

(5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine....

(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
(10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.' And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3523 on: August 31, 2008, 07:14:56 am »
Got this in the mail the other day.......I've certainly had many barbecues like this one.....

BBQ   RULES
We are about to enter the summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

More routine....

(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again:

More routine....

(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.' And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....

That's funny to read, but the sad thing is that I bet it's true for 90% of heterosexual couples :P

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3524 on: August 31, 2008, 07:33:25 am »
My cousin Guido, and his partner, Mike.  They couldn't come to the bbq today, they had tickets to a show.

So when I hear Guido - i think of this little guy and his two daddy's Joe & Bill from the amazing race!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3525 on: August 31, 2008, 11:00:08 am »

BBQ   RULES

Routine...

More routine....

Important again:

More routine....

That is soo true it's almost not funny.I dread it when my husband comes home with a whole load of meat and utters the immortal words,I thought we would have A BBQ  and save you the cooking.
All the above happens, several marinades, assorted salads, which I have to go out to the supermarket and buy the ingredients for.
The final straw occurs when the burnt offerings arrive fresh from the grill and if I am  not quite able to pull off the, that looks delicious face,he turns away sulking and muttering, that's the last time I offer to cook.
Oh please let that be true.Only it never is.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3526 on: August 31, 2008, 11:27:05 am »

BBQ   RULES

Routine...

More routine....

Important again:

More routine....

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #3527 on: September 01, 2008, 01:57:18 am »
That is soo true it's almost not funny.I dread it when my husband comes home with a whole load of meat and utters the immortal words,I thought we would have A BBQ  and save you the cooking.
All the above happens, several marinades, assorted salads, which I have to go out to the supermarket and buy the ingredients for.
The final straw occurs when the burnt offerings arrive fresh from the grill and if I am  not quite able to pull off the, that looks delicious face,he turns away sulking and muttering, that's the last time I offer to cook.
Oh please let that be true.Only it never is.

q.e.d.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3528 on: September 01, 2008, 11:04:20 am »

Happy Monday, BetterMost!!!!

Hiya BetterMost friends!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend, and that everyone who has a three day weekend today, is enjoying the extra day!

I was at a BBQ on Saturday, with about 25  of my cousins.  Then yesterday, we celebrated my niece's bday, and the fact she got her driver's license.

Today is a rest day.  :laugh:

How is everyone?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3529 on: September 01, 2008, 07:07:22 pm »
Hey Chuck.  Congrats to your niece.  DL is quite a right of passage.