Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8957410 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #4910 on: January 14, 2009, 11:45:08 pm »
I will wish you happy birthday hereas well as on the other thread. Nothing like a btof over kill. 40 is wondeful, I am the big 50 in less than 6/12 , now that IS scary.

Eat, drink and as they say (who are they BTW ) if you can't be good be careful. Remember  if you are not in bed by midnight, give up and go home !!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4911 on: January 15, 2009, 07:47:17 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!  ;D

And I see I've got 2 birthday threads!  ;D

awwww geeeeeeeeee!

2 things I need to do today here.  First, is paste a PM I got for my birthday last year.  It really made me laugh, and smile, so here it is in the next post, saved since last year.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4912 on: January 15, 2009, 07:47:34 am »
so here's some fun info I've compiled from the internet about your big day.  Enjoy! 

Birthdays
Lloyd Bridges 1913
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 1929
Margaret O'Brien 1937
Andrea Martin 1947
Ronnie Van Zandt (Lynyrd Skynyrd) 1949
Charo (Maria Martinez) 1951     Coochie, Coochie! 
Martha Davis (The Motels) 1951
Mario Van Peebles 1957
Lisa Lisa (Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam) 1967      "Apology not accepted.  Add me to the broken hearts you've collected!" 
Chad Lowe 1968
CHUCK 1969
Regina King 1971

Today in History
1559 - Queen Elizabeth I was crowned in Westminster Abbey.
1777 - The Republic of New Connecticut declared its independence. Six months later it was renamed Vermont.
1870 - A cartoon by Thomas Nast, titled, A Live Jackass Kicking a Dead Lion, appeared on this day in Harper’s Weekly. The cartoon used the donkey to symbolize the Democratic Party. The symbol gave everyone such a such a ‘kick’ that it stuck to the Democrats... and it's still stuck today.
1892 - YMCA Canada's Y Triangle magazine published the story of a new game. James Naismith, a teacher at the YMCA International Training School in Massachusetts (later named Springfield College), had invented the game of basketball on December 21, 1891. Naismith attached peach baskets to the lower rail of a balcony, one at either end of the gym. There were eighteen men in Naismith’s class and he promised them that if this game proved to be a failure he would not try any more experiments on them. They went over the rules, divided the group into two teams of nine players each and tossed up the first basketball in history.
1943 - The world's largest office building was completed, just outside of Washington, DC, in Arlington, VA. The massive structure covers 34 acres of land and has 17 miles of corridors, plus, a whole lot of secret places that we'll never know about. Why? Because it's the Pentagon, the headquarters of the United States defense effort.
1953 - Harry S Truman became the first U.S. President to use radio and television to say farewell as he left office.
1973 - President Nixon orders halt to offensive operations in North Vietnam.
1987 - Paramount Home Video reported that, for the first time, it would place a commercial at the front of one of its video releases: a 30-second Diet Pepsi ad at the beginning of Top Gun. The idea was that Paramount would be able to reduce the price of the video to consumers by $3. The difference would be made up with Pepsi money and more consumers would buy the Tom Cruise flick rather than more expensive videos without the commercial.  (Honey, "Top Gun" is gayer than "Brokeback Mountain.") 
1990 - ‘Big’ George Foreman, on the comeback-trail at 42 years of age, knocked out Gerry Cooney in the second round at Atlantic City, NJ. (Foreman became the oldest [age 45] ever to win the heavyweight title when he knocked out Michael Moorer on Nov 5, 1994.)
1999 – “Varsity Blues” (“In a town where winning is everything, these guys have nothing to lose.”), with James Van Der Beek, Jon Voight and Paul Walker, debuted in U.S. theatres.  (Have you seen this one?  It's worth it just to see Paul Walker's and Scott Caan's sweet, sweet asses.)

Today in Television History
1967 - The first National Football League Super Bowl was played. The Green Bay Packers defeated the Kansas City Chiefs of the American Football League. The final score was 35-10. The game was televised by both CBS and NBC.
1974 - "Happy Days" premiered on ABC-TV.     "Sit on it, Chuck."
1981 - The first episode of "Hill Street Blues" aired.

Today in Music History
1961 - Motown Records signed The Supremes.
1967 - The Rolling Stones performed on TV's "Ed Sullivan Show" and were forced to change their lyrics of "Let's Spend the Night Together" to "Let's Spend Some Time Together."
1972 - Elvis Presley reportedly drew the largest audience for a single TV show to that time when he presented a live, worldwide concert from Honolulu, HI.
1982 - Harry Wayne Casey, leader of KC and the Sunshine Band was partially paralyzed in an automobile accident in Miami, FL. His recovery took about a year.

Chart Toppers
Tennessee Waltz - Patti Page

The Chipmunk Song - The Chipmunks     "Me, I want a hula hoop."
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes - The Platters
My Happiness - Connie Francis

I'm a Believer - The Monkees
Tell It Like It Is - Aaron Neville

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds - Elton John
You're the First, the Last, My Everything - Barry White     "We got it together, didn't we, baby?" 

Down Under - Men at Work    Have a Vegemite sammich to celebrate! 
The Girl is Mine - Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney     Not to be confused with the Stevie Wonder/Ray Charles song, "The Dog-Lead Girl is Blind."
Dirty Laundry - Don Henley     "Kick 'em when they're UP!  Kick 'em when they're down." 
I Can't Even Get the Blues - Reba McEntire

Justify My Love - Madonna    "Wanting. . . needing. . . waiting. . ." 
High Enough - Damn Yankees     "Can you take me HIIIIIIIIIIIIGH enough?" 
Love Will Never Do (Without You) - Janet Jackson    "They said it wouldn't last. . ." 
Unanswered Prayers - Garth Brooks     "Some of God's greatest gifts. . ." 

The symbol of Capricorn is the mountain goat. Capricorns are considered responsible, serious, and ambitious. Sometimes pessimistic, they trust what has proved valuable in the past. They need security, and work to achieve it

Rob Brezney’s Free Will Capricorn Horoscope for Week of January 10, 2008
The Wind Horse is a mythical creature in Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Symbolizing vigorous life force, it embodies the quick, cleansing power of the wind and the primal vitality of the horse. In accordance with your astrological omens, Capricorn, I nominate this archetype to be your ruling metaphor in the coming weeks. Visualize yourself being accompanied by a Wind Horse everywhere you go. See yourself riding it, feeding it, playing with it. Call on its inspiring presence as you align yourself with the natural beneficence of the universe. Ask it to help you sweep obstacles out of the way as you attract a flow of opportunities to open your mind and heart.

If It's Your Birthday by Jennifer Angel
Happy birthday, Capricorn! You're often seen as the Rock of Gibraltar by loved ones and close associates. Your words of wisdom have helped many a friend through rough times. Benevolent and selfless, you'll form many strong friendships in your lifetime. The coming year is the payback year. A heavenly reward will transform an area of your life for the better. Get ready for good things to start happening.

If It's Your Birthday by Sally Brompton
At times you will find it impossible to express yourself properly, and at times you will express yourself a little too clearly for some people's tastes. It would be nice if you could find a balanced middle way but it seems that extremes are to be your thing over the coming 12 months.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4913 on: January 15, 2009, 08:02:51 am »
And now.........for the man who I share this day with!

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

The world is a lesser place, because he's not here.  He had such an impact on civil rights, and I believe with all my heart, that if he were here now, he'd be support us in our struggles now.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4914 on: January 15, 2009, 09:36:14 am »
Hope you are having a very special day Chucky......your birthday is nearly over here.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4915 on: January 15, 2009, 10:19:55 am »
Happy Birthday, Chuck!

You're a prince among men!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4916 on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:45 am »
Well, I got to work today to find my cubicle decorated with streamers and balloons.

A tiara and septre were sitting on my keyboard.

My name plated had been turned backwards.

and they opened my storage space, found my decorations for all the holidays, and placed them about my cubicle.

:laugh:

I wish I had my camera.  I had hearts, skulls, Christmas ornaments, American flags, and other assorted stuff all over the place!

that's one way to say "happy birthday"!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4917 on: January 15, 2009, 11:15:41 am »
Happy Birthday Chucky.  Have an amazing day.  Enjoy yourself.  Eat cake, ice cream, pudding and pie!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4918 on: January 15, 2009, 11:31:49 am »
Hiya Dev!

:-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4919 on: January 15, 2009, 12:25:29 pm »
Here are pics of what my coworkers did to my cubicle.