Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9030185 times)

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #5340 on: February 22, 2009, 04:56:54 am »
Oh, quite a number of times, if I'm remembering correctly.  LOL

"quite number of times", well thats slightly an understatement if ever I heard one  ;)

And how many times were you told that Chucky??

Oh, and something else, Matt, how many times did you go to get in the wrong side of the car?

Just the once, a real beaut, went to  open the drivers door completely oblivious to the fact it was the wrong one  ;D  Theres absolutely no way I'd drive in the US, hell I get lost driving to the corner shop, then theres the fact we they drive on the wrong side of the road  ;) Actually heres an admission it must be us driving on the wrong side of the road cause they invented the car didn't they?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #5341 on: February 22, 2009, 05:39:02 am »
"quite number of times", well thats slightly an understatement if ever I heard one  ;)

Just the once, a real beaut, went to  open the drivers door completely oblivious to the fact it was the wrong one  ;D  Theres absolutely no way I'd drive in the US, hell I get lost driving to the corner shop, then theres the fact we they drive on the wrong side of the road  ;) Actually heres an admission it must be us driving on the wrong side of the road cause they invented the car didn't they?

When my friend from America was over here, the thing that amazed her the most, was that we change gears with our LEFT HAND......she used to say, how do most people who are right handed, use their left hand on the gear stick.

Fact, is I would rather have my dominant hand on the steering wheel, when I changed gears.... so whether they invented the car or not, I still think we do it the right way.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ZK

« Reply #5342 on: February 22, 2009, 05:47:41 am »
When my friend from America was over here, the thing that amazed her the most, was that we change gears with our LEFT HAND......she used to say, how do most people who are right handed, use their left hand on the gear stick.

Fact, is I would rather have my dominant hand on the steering wheel, when I changed gears.... so whether they invented the car or not, I still think we do it the right way.

Good point I hadn't thought about that. I still wouldn't drive over there though, too big, too fast and so many lanes, let alone keeping on the right hand side. Still I was lucky with the people that drove me around. THey were really great drivers and for the most part both hands were on the steering wheel  ;)

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #5343 on: February 22, 2009, 05:56:54 am »

Good point I hadn't thought about that. I still wouldn't drive over there though, too big, too fast and so many lanes, let alone keeping on the right hand side. Still I was lucky with the people that drove me around. THey were really great drivers and for the most part both hands were on the steering wheel  ;)

Oh yeah Matt.......I really believe that.....yeah, sure I do......come on, pull the other one........oops......wrong choice of words........ ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ZK

« Reply #5344 on: February 22, 2009, 06:13:14 am »
Oh yeah Matt.......I really believe that.....yeah, sure I do......come on, pull the other one........oops......wrong choice of words........ ::)
ROTFLMAO I take the fifth (I know again  ::)), I'll let someone else answer that! I'm off to bed, got to start work in 6 hours and counting. Have a great Sunday night Sue!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5345 on: February 22, 2009, 11:44:37 am »
Well, I come to my blog today to see Susie and Matthew tossing filthy comments about!

:laugh:

And Matthew, I keep telling you, you are not an American citizen, you can't take the fifth.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #5346 on: February 22, 2009, 06:15:54 pm »
Well, I think I'm ready for my Oscar party.

We have been challenged to bring in something that represents all the movies up for best picture.  Example, for "Milk", bring in a cartoon of milk.

The more original, the more chance to win a prize.

Here is what I did for each film.

Slumdog Millionaire:  I got a small stuffed dog for $1.99.  Pretty "slummy"....I have it sitting on top of a million dollar bill that I got as a joke gift.

Frost/Nixon:  I have the video box for the horror movie "Jack Frost".  Inside it is a fake one dollar bill, with Richard Nixon's face on it.

Milk:  I printed out an image of Sean Penn as Harvey Milk.  I put white out on his upper lip, and put the words "Got Milk" on it.

The Reader:  A picture of a man looking at a centerfold.  I wrote on the image "The Reader, the XXX version!"

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:  I took the candy dish that gnash made.  It's my "curious case".  Inside is a button.  For extra credit, the button is an image of Heath as the Joker, who is up for best supporting actor.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5347 on: February 22, 2009, 06:24:36 pm »
Give Chuckie the prize now!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #5348 on: February 22, 2009, 09:02:59 pm »
Well, I think I'm ready for my Oscar party.

We have been challenged to bring in something that represents all the movies up for best picture.  Example, for "Milk", bring in a cartoon of milk.

The more original, the more chance to win a prize.

Here is what I did for each film.

Slumdog Millionaire:  I got a small stuffed dog for $1.99.  Pretty "slummy"....I have it sitting on top of a million dollar bill that I got as a joke gift.

Frost/Nixon:  I have the video box for the horror movie "Jack Frost".  Inside it is a fake one dollar bill, with Richard Nixon's face on it.

Milk:  I printed out an image of Sean Penn as Harvey Milk.  I put white out on his upper lip, and put the words "Got Milk" on it.

The Reader:  A picture of a man looking at a centerfold.  I wrote on the image "The Reader, the XXX version!"

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button:  I took the candy dish that gnash made.  It's my "curious case".  Inside is a button.  For extra credit, the button is an image of Heath as the Joker, who is up for best supporting actor.

Dude - you went all out!

Give Chuckie the prize now!

Just so, Paul!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ZK

« Reply #5349 on: February 23, 2009, 03:51:02 am »
Well, I come to my blog today to see Susie and Matthew tossing filthy comments about!

:laugh:

See what happens when you are sleeping, maybe you'll have to change time zones to keep up with us buddy

And Matthew, I keep telling you, you are not an American citizen, you can't take the fifth.

Well I can't help it, if I can't take the fifth, then anything further I say I mght incriminate others or even worse ME ::)