Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9023706 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #5930 on: April 15, 2009, 08:20:07 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Happy hump day!

;D

The morning started off good when I got on  my Wii, and it said I had lost 2.6 pounds.  ;D

It's so nice to come to work to an empty cubicle!  I got everything finished that I needed to!

On top of that, I had been to three different meetings in three different locations the past month, so I completed a form to claim my miles driven, and tolls paid.

I got a credit to my checking account today for $102.00.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5931 on: April 15, 2009, 08:31:16 am »
Losing weight and gaining money?  I like the direction you're goin'!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5932 on: April 15, 2009, 08:33:40 am »
Not a bad start to your day, Chuck!   ;D
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #5933 on: April 15, 2009, 10:01:14 am »
Losing weight and gaining money?  I like the direction you're goin'!

Hey Big brother!

Where in the hell have you been?  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #5934 on: April 15, 2009, 10:18:53 am »

Hey Big brother!

Where in the hell have you been?  ;D

Gaining weight and losing money. :P

Kidding.  Can't wait to see you in NYC.  In fact, I found something yesterday that I want to bring for you.  And it's not a mariconera.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #5935 on: April 15, 2009, 11:39:06 am »
Kidding.  Can't wait to see you in NYC.  In fact, I found something yesterday that I want to bring for you.  And it's not a mariconera.

I can't wait to see you either!   :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #5936 on: April 16, 2009, 08:58:13 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I'm still basking in the glow of my empty cubicle.

;D

However, I'm feeling a bit down today.  There were two women who worked in the Human Resources dept. in my prior location.  We were pretty close, had a lot of laughs together.

I found out this morning that there was a huge conference call at my company for the human resources dept., that bascially went like this:

"Good morning HR Dept.  As you know, the HR Dept is currently spread out in different locations, in NYC, NJ, Boston, and other locations.  In a cost saving effort, it's be decided that the Boston HR Dept. will handle all our work.  If you are in another location, your services are no longer needed.  Please change your voicemails and "out of office" assistants on email to have all inquiries to go to Miss X.  at 123-456-7890.   Thank you for your time with us."

:o

I sent my two friends an email, and got the "out of office" assistant.  With all their time with the company (they were here before I got here, and in August, I'll have been here for 12 years.

They deserved better than to be laid off by a conference call.

>:(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5937 on: April 16, 2009, 09:00:51 am »
"Good morning HR Dept.  As you know, the HR Dept is currently spread out in different locations, in NYC, NJ, Boston, and other locations.  In a cost saving effort, it's be decided that the Boston HR Dept. will handle all our work.  If you are in another location, your services are no longer needed.  Please change your voicemails and "out of office" assistants on email to have all inquiries to go to Miss X.  at 123-456-7890.   Thank you for your time with us."

That would actually be funny if it were a skit on Saturday Night Live. Instead it's just sad.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #5938 on: April 16, 2009, 09:11:54 am »
I know......I wonder if anyone did anything in retaliation......if they were alone in their office, and had the opportunity to shred important stuff as revenge.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5939 on: April 16, 2009, 10:42:21 am »
I know......I wonder if anyone did anything in retaliation......if they were alone in their office, and had the opportunity to shred important stuff as revenge.

I hope not. What goes around, comes around. As tempting as it might be, as difficult as it might be to resist, I feel that in the long run, for the sake of one's own self-image, it's important to keep the moral high ground in situations like this.

So a company you worked for, for x-number of years treated you shitty? Go out of there with your head up and your chest out. Show 'em you're better than that, even if the company isn't.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.