Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9009510 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #7940 on: April 29, 2010, 08:40:45 pm »
Oh, and quit doing slackers' work for them. They'll never develop a work ethic that way!

(I can say that because I'm slacker extraordinaire.   8)  I just get away with it because I'm very good at the Hail Mary heroic effort - I don't ditch work onto anyone else!)

Edit to Add:  Rob mentioned that you're a nice guy - which is completely true - but don't let yourself be taken advantage of.  The corollary is also important.  If you're doing/supplementing someone else's work, likely your manager(s) don't know this, so you're not getting credit you deserve.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 10:49:44 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7941 on: April 29, 2010, 09:24:47 pm »
Hmmmmm. Sounds like someone higher up gives "Jan" a bit of "special treatment".
But in my experience, it doesn't last long, so be firm and just ignore it.
You're a nice bloke, Chuck. Maybe too nice, and some people might take advantage of it.
But that makes you a better person than they, and you will win out in the longer term.
 :)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #7942 on: April 30, 2010, 10:25:01 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

It's Friday!  :)

No new weight loss, but I haven't regained any either, so I'm happy with that.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7943 on: April 30, 2010, 11:32:55 am »

I'm liking that little tiny Volkswagen on the weight loss ticker.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7944 on: April 30, 2010, 02:24:37 pm »
Forget about her.. she aint worth it.. let her move!!

Well, I'm a little puzzled as to what to think about a situation at work.

I work with "Jan".

Jan annoys the shit out of me.  she shows up to work late every day (10:30 or later, everyone else comes in at 7:30 or 8:00) and she is always shopping online, sending personal emails and calls, taking two hour lunches.

anyway, the past two days, she's been complaining how busy she is, and passing off her work to me.

::)

Anyway.....today I went to lunch, and when I got back, Jan was moving her cubicle.  She used to work right next to me, and  now was moving down the hall.

I thought this was a good thing.....she'd be away from me, and couldn't bother me any more.

I heard through the grapevine that the reason she wanted to move was to get away from me.  So now I'm pissed at all the times I've helped her, and wonder what she said to those above me that they gave her permission to move to a new cube.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7945 on: April 30, 2010, 02:42:31 pm »
I heard through the grapevine that the reason she wanted to move was to get away from me.  So now I'm pissed at all the times I've helped her, and wonder what she said to those above me that they gave her permission to move to a new cube.

I'd ask for a private meeting with my immediate supervisor and share my concerns in a very diplomatic way. I'd say that I'd heard that Jan had issues with me and ask if anyone else has said anything. If there is a problem, what can I do to correct it? I'm sure I'd be able to work into the conversation something about all the times I'd helped Jan with her work  ;)  but I wouldn't attack her directly.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #7946 on: April 30, 2010, 07:23:16 pm »
Hi Chuck.  Sounds like "jan" is a slacker who is taking credit for your work.  Dont let her.   I had an experience with a woman who did nothing but got credit  while everyone else did her work.  Needless to say she tried to pawn her work off on all of us and eventually left the job.  Jan wont last if you and other co-workers approach her with the issue.  Dont let her get away with what she's doing.   Good luck with "jan"

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7947 on: May 02, 2010, 08:56:26 am »

It's Friday!  :)

No new weight loss, but I haven't regained any either, so I'm happy with that.  ;D

Hmmmm. Notice you stopped losing weight when you stopped doing all that extra work for "Jan" ?   ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7948 on: May 02, 2010, 11:25:55 am »

Hope that everyone is having a great day!  This weekend is just flying by!

;D

11 pounds as of today.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7949 on: May 02, 2010, 11:26:31 am »
Hmmmm. Notice you stopped losing weight when you stopped doing all that extra work for "Jan" ?   ;D

:laugh: :laugh: