Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9030163 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8310 on: August 08, 2010, 10:23:14 pm »
Bless your hearts--I know you are exhausted. You did a good thing, and I know you would have gone to GA come hell or high water. You were our divine emissaries---the best. We are so grateful.

Wish you could have the day off tomorrow. Barring that...sweet rest tonite.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #8311 on: August 08, 2010, 10:45:48 pm »
Bless your hearts--I know you are exhausted. You did a good thing, and I know you would have gone to GA come hell or high water. You were our divine emissaries---the best. We are so grateful.

Wish you could have the day off tomorrow. Barring that...sweet rest tonite.

Thank you, Shasta - we did feel the presence of every one of you here - and I, for one, am eternally grateful for that.  Emissaries, perhaps, divine in the sense that friendship matters and is a blessing that we've been reminded harshly not to take for granted.

Sweet dreams to you too.

Love,
Lynne
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:34:15 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8312 on: August 09, 2010, 04:34:12 am »
(((Chuck)))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8313 on: August 09, 2010, 09:32:14 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

As you can see, my angel is back.

I'm not 100% positive that putting him back was the right thing to do at the moment, but I know that Rich liked him, and if the healing is supposed to start, and my adjustment back to the "new normal" is to begin, that means the routines should start again, and the angel is a part of the routine.

I've also decided that today would be the day that all my Brokie pics would go back up in my cube.  I want to be able to see my Brokie pals, and that includes the pics of Rich, especially the one of the weekend where we first met in SF, where he's doing the "dozy embrace" on my back.

In going through my older blog posts, I found this one of Rich and I, and decided to add it to my cube this morning.

I have it placed right next to this one.

Mortality has a way of slapping you in the face, doesn't it?  I never dreamed after meeting Jackie in August 2006 that I would be mourning her passing in 2008.  Similarly, after meeting Rich in September of 2007, that I'd be mourning his passing in 2010.

I am reminded of a poem that was read on the show "Little House On the Prairie", during the funeral of a character who "died".

"Remember me with smiles and laughter,
 for that is how I will remember you all.
 If you can only remember me with tears,
 then don't remember me at all."

I will look at these pics and smile, and thank God that he blessed me enough to have my life's path merge with theirs, even if only for a brief time.

My life was made richer because they were here with me, and I am a better man.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8314 on: August 09, 2010, 09:36:10 am »
I am reminded of a poem that was read on the show "Little House On the Prairie", during the funeral of a character who "died".

"Remember me with smiles and laughter,
 for that is how I will remember you all.
 If you can only remember me with tears,
 then don't remember me at all."

I will look at these pics and smile, and thank God that he blessed me enough to have my life's path merge with theirs, even if only for a brief time.

My life was made richer because they were here with me, and I am a better man.

Exactly so, Chuck.  And I love the new picture and the poem.  I will be dealing with my Brokie photos this week as well.  It has been too long coming.

{{{{{Chuck}}}}}

P.S. Ronny dreamed of me with blue tape over my mouth over the weekend, and I *SWEAR* I didn't mention it to him.  Weird, hunh?
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8315 on: August 09, 2010, 09:45:47 am »
P.S. Ronny dreamed of me with blue tape over my mouth over the weekend, and I *SWEAR* I didn't mention it to him.  Weird, hunh?

:laugh:

OMG!  Oh, and I must remember to send Ronny a message through Facebook, "Little Miss Amazing Ass Crack, 2010!"

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8316 on: August 09, 2010, 10:36:02 am »

OMG!  Oh, and I must remember to send Ronny a message through Facebook, "Little Miss Amazing Ass Crack, 2010!"

Do that, by all means - posting it here is not sufficient ::).

Maybe you can put it over in his blog too -  Further Adventures of Anhedonia and Avolition

::) ::) >:( ;) :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8317 on: August 09, 2010, 11:48:06 am »
Chuck, I was so glad to spend the weekend with you.  You were such  a comfort to Gene and those wonderful boys.  You're really part of the family. 

Hiya Big Brother Paul.   :-*

I was very fortunate that my vacation time here at work allowed me to visit Rich, Gene and the boys as often as I did.  Sean, Austin and Andrew are great kids, with wicked senses of humor.

I will continue to go down and visit them, and it's my hope that I'll get to know Elizabeth and Marcia better as well.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8318 on: August 09, 2010, 12:38:55 pm »
Chuck, I'm a 'Little House on the Prairie' afficionado, so I remember that quote clearly.  Do you realize it was made by Patricia Neal, who died yesterday morn?  I got chills, reading your words, knowing you probably didn't know that.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Wayne

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8319 on: August 09, 2010, 02:05:48 pm »
Further Adventures of Anhedonia and Avolition
When you put people in charge of the government who are committed to proving that it doesn't work, you can be sure that they will cause it to not work.

Don