Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9008112 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8820 on: October 03, 2010, 04:48:29 pm »
Chuckie - I think the script for your video is excellent. Combining that with your personality, which I've no doubt will shine through on video, will be a success. Go for it!!

:-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8821 on: October 03, 2010, 08:53:58 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8822 on: October 03, 2010, 09:13:47 pm »
I like it a lot, and I like the line that you added about why you didn't go ahead with a suicide attempt:  because you thought of how your family would react.

That rings so true for me.  I have memories of some unhappy times in my own youth, and that was the big "pause" button that someone up there must have been pressing on my behalf.  I thought about my own family, and how they would react.

You look good and sound good.  If you were to do anything differently on a second run-through, it might be to speak a little more slowly.  If you felt a little nervous, it might have rushed your delivery.  But I think this one is just fine, if you want to just go with it as the most "natural."

I'm proud to listen to you and see you.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8823 on: October 03, 2010, 09:25:16 pm »
P.S.  I listened to it again and really like it just the way it is.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline brianr

« Reply #8824 on: October 04, 2010, 06:55:20 am »
Excellent. I felt it was better than when I read it. Perhaps it was the accent  ;D

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #8825 on: October 04, 2010, 07:50:58 am »
Chucky, I love you for everything you have said in the video, and the care and sincerity behind every word.

My heart goes out to all those young people who think that suicide is going to be a "way out". You are living proof that IT DOES GET BETTER.

xxxxx
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8826 on: October 04, 2010, 03:38:37 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hello everyone!

;D

Well, after a weekend of being off the diet due to lunches out and bday parties, I've moved back to salads and exercise.

:laugh:

Many thanks to everyone who left messages here or on YouTube or FaceBook regarding my "It Gets Better" video.  My job blocks access to YouTube, so I can't see the latest views updates or any other comments.  I'm sure I'll have a few flames on there as well, so if you happen to go to the video on YouTube, please don't let that bother you, just comment (or re-comment) to keep the positivity flowing, and just ignore the empty barrels making the most noise.

::)

One of the reasons that I made the video was there was someone who posted a rebuttal titled "It Gets Worse", and I didn't want that to go unchallenged, which is why I mention "those who will say 'it gets worse'" in my video.

Sorry for the late appearance here today, work has been hoppin' like crazy, and I've pretty much been non-stop.  It's now 20 mintues to 4 and this is my first time online all day!

:o

Catch ya later!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline SuperDistortion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8827 on: October 04, 2010, 03:55:11 pm »

Hello everyone!

Well, after a weekend of being off the diet due to lunches out and bday parties, I've moved back to salads and exercise.

Many thanks to everyone who left messages here or on YouTube or FaceBook regarding my "It Gets Better" video.  My job blocks access to YouTube, so I can't see the latest views updates or any other comments.  I'm sure I'll have a few flames on there as well, so if you happen to go to the video on YouTube, please don't let that bother you, just comment (or re-comment) to keep the positivity flowing, and just ignore the empty barrels making the most noise.

One of the reasons that I made the video was there was someone who posted a rebuttal titled "It Gets Worse", and I didn't want that to go unchallenged, which is why I mention "those who will say 'it gets worse'" in my video.

Sorry for the late appearance here today, work has been hoppin' like crazy, and I've pretty much been non-stop.  It's now 20 mintues to 4 and this is my first time online all day!

Catch ya later!

Will do, Chuck.  Nice job on the video message!

Ronny
"Really, it's not mine..."   --- Austin Powers

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8828 on: October 04, 2010, 04:45:53 pm »
yes, you are a great role model. xxx
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8829 on: October 04, 2010, 07:59:58 pm »

Love your video, mister!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~