Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8957761 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8850 on: October 12, 2010, 08:34:38 am »
Not a good for flying kites Chuck

Is Matthew trying to tell me "go fly a kite" :o  >:(  :laugh:

NO!  :o please dont fly any kites!  ;D

Ah, now I see that Kelda is watching out for me!  :-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8851 on: October 13, 2010, 08:31:35 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's hump day already!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

So, how is everyone doing today?

I'm at work, waiting for bagels and cream cheese to arrive.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8852 on: October 14, 2010, 12:59:34 am »
Is Matthew trying to tell me "go fly a kite" :o  >:(  :laugh:

Ah, now I see that Kelda is watching out for me!  :-*

Man I have to watch my typing, it should have read "not a good day for flying kites."  Sorry!!!!!!!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8853 on: October 14, 2010, 09:16:20 am »
Man I have to watch my typing, it should have read "not a good day for flying kites."  Sorry!!!!!!!!!

No worries Matthew, I was just teasing you!

:-*

Typos can be fun, or funny!

I had a friend who worked at a 'not for profit' organization and they were doing a project for the homeless people in a certain town.  She had to send out an email and in it needed to put a count of the homeless in the shelters.

Well, she sent out the email rather quickly, and didn't reveiw it.  later she went to her 'sent' folder and opened the email, and relized she dropped out the 'o' and her sentance read "we need to get a c*nt for every homeless person in the shelter".

:o

She was mortified.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8854 on: October 14, 2010, 09:49:25 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Thursday, and at one point wicked weather is supposed to be whipping through the area.  High winds and rains.

Ugh!

Ok, now, to get something off my chest.

The miners rescued in Chile.  I'm happy that they were all rescued, however, there is one miner that is causing a stir.  Each man was given a list of three people who they wanted to be waiting for him.  One man wanted his sister, his wife, and his mistress.

::)

The wife (who had not know of her) said "It’s been 28 years,” she said of their marriage, adding that “if he wants to start a new life with her, well good for him.” and she will not return his mail or messages.

I don't know this man, so the fact that he had a mistress doesn't bother me.  What has bothered me is the way it's been reported in the media.....I've sort of gotten the impression from some of the news casters that it was almost funny, or they talked about it in such a blasé way that it's almost as if this type of behavior is expected.

Really?  Is that how it is now?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8855 on: October 14, 2010, 10:05:12 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Thursday, and at one point wicked weather is supposed to be whipping through the area.  High winds and rains.

Ugh!

Ok, now, to get something off my chest.

The miners rescued in Chile.  I'm happy that they were all rescued, however, there is one miner that is causing a stir.  Each man was given a list of three people who they wanted to be waiting for him.  One man wanted his sister, his wife, and his mistress.

::)

The wife (who had not know of her) said "It’s been 28 years,” she said of their marriage, adding that “if he wants to start a new life with her, well good for him.” and she will not return his mail or messages.

I don't know this man, so the fact that he had a mistress doesn't bother me.  What has bothered me is the way it's been reported in the media.....I've sort of gotten the impression from some of the news casters that it was almost funny, or they talked about it in such a blasé way that it's almost as if this type of behavior is expected.

Really?  Is that how it is now?

Miner 21! I saw his rescue last night....

I posted about this in the Chile Miner thread.

I get that cheating is not funny, but it *was* amusing watching the live feed because they were desperately trying to work out who the one female was. .. wife, mistress, or sister?

(Apparently as he was getting pulled up and she arrived at the waiting areas there was conflicting reports about who it was and who he had asked for to be there, on top of the fact that he had also apparently signed power of attorney over to his mistress, but they wondered if that had been changed back..)

Then when he got up onto ground level, they were trying to work out by the way they embraced which of the three it was! They seemed to think it was either the wife or mistress but there was no full on kiss - the woman just kept stroking his face and bear hugging him, so I'm unconviced ...

There was talk of five miners having known mistresses so maybe in Chile it's more common?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8856 on: October 14, 2010, 05:52:37 pm »
I just read this letter in the Sydney Morning Herald by a person Chilean descent
The truth is that in Chile divorce has only recently been legalised and most people will never legally divorce. This isn't to say they don't move on with their lives. Barrios separated from his wife more than five years ago, and the so-called mistress has been his de facto partner for more than two.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8857 on: October 14, 2010, 10:46:06 pm »
I just read this letter in the Sydney Morning Herald by a person Chilean descent
The truth is that in Chile divorce has only recently been legalised and most people will never legally divorce. This isn't to say they don't move on with their lives. Barrios separated from his wife more than five years ago, and the so-called mistress has been his de facto partner for more than two.

Thanks, Brian.  That explains a lot.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8858 on: October 15, 2010, 04:08:16 am »
Thanks, Brian.  That explains a lot.  :)

It does!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8859 on: October 15, 2010, 09:11:51 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday!  ;D

I hope that everyone is doing well and has a great weekend planned.

I believe I'm having a very quiet weekend.  ;D  This suits me just fine!

Brian, thanks for the info you posted both here and on DCF.  I appreicate it.