Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9030359 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8900 on: October 27, 2010, 08:50:35 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump day!

I swear, my fellow employees here are so indecisive!  First they wanted to know if we were doing anything for Halloween.  Then then decided that we shouldn't because it's on Sunday this year, and we're not working.

Now some have decided they want to wear costumes, or at least that's what they told me.

I don't know if they think they are going to pull a prank on me and have me be the only one in costume at work, but if that's their plan, it will backfire.

When someone asked me if I would come in costume, I told them yes, but that I was being a cowboy, so if no one else comes in costume, I'll just remove the cowboy hat, belt, lasso and gun, and spend the rest of the day at work in jeans and my boots, which can be seen as a natural wardrobe.

LOL

Either way, I win!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #8901 on: October 27, 2010, 09:37:23 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump day!

I swear, my fellow employees here are so indecisive!  First they wanted to know if we were doing anything for Halloween.  Then then decided that we shouldn't because it's on Sunday this year, and we're not working.

Now some have decided they want to wear costumes, or at least that's what they told me.

I don't know if they think they are going to pull a prank on me and have me be the only one in costume at work, but if that's their plan, it will backfire.

When someone asked me if I would come in costume, I told them yes, but that I was being a cowboy, so if no one else comes in costume, I'll just remove the cowboy hat, belt, lasso and gun, and spend the rest of the day at work in jeans and my boots, which can be seen as a natural wardrobe.

LOL

Either way, I win!   :laugh:

I wanna work where you work!

We donĀ“t have any Halloween parties...*grumble grumble*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #8902 on: October 27, 2010, 09:55:42 am »

You should ask them if they want to do anything to celebrate National Chocolate Day tomorrow.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8903 on: October 27, 2010, 10:13:51 am »
at this office, we celebrate that daily!

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #8904 on: October 28, 2010, 08:34:23 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is having a good day today!

What's new?  What's shakin'? 

Work is slow at the moment, so I'm doing some filing and making sure my desk is clear!

I once saw a guy clean up his desk, and file things away neatly, while things were slow.

His boss suggested that he must be superfluous .... so he very quickly found some work to do.  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8905 on: October 28, 2010, 08:38:37 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well tomorrow is Halloween luncheon at work.  I'm going to the local store in a few minutes to buy some Halloween cupcakes for dessert.

;D

I was just educating some people on another site about Billy Haines, and it reminded me of the play I saw with the Brokies in NYC regarding the actor.  I am so taken with the way he stood up for himself, and his partner!  Everyone should have a love like that in their lives.

And (of course) it made me think of my Brokie friends.

Back:  Fofol (Mike), Meryl, Andrew, JMMGallagher (John), Mr. R. (Jenny's husband), Jenny

Front:  CellarDweller (Chuck), SmellyKellyJay (Kel), DejaVu (Debbie), Lynne, Teresa

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #8906 on: October 28, 2010, 08:40:33 am »

Hiya Chuck.

Can't stay. Just popped in to see what was up while I towelled off. Now it's off to bed.

Have had a really big few days, and am exhausted. Will pop in tomorrow.  :)

Hey, be careful of those Match Com dates. Some of those people might only be after your body !   :o

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8907 on: October 28, 2010, 08:40:52 am »
I once saw a guy clean up his desk, and file things away neatly, while things were slow.

His boss suggested that he must be superfluous .... so he very quickly found some work to do.  :-\

I've had people say that to me (not bosses) as well.  Here I play it smart.  I'm always offereing to help others and get other jobs done, so on one level, I'm always busy.  Also, having a clean cube gives the impression that I'm much more organized than I really am!

Good to see you back here, buddy!  I've missed ya!  Hope you are well!   :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8908 on: October 28, 2010, 08:41:56 am »
Hiya Chuck.

Can't stay. Just popped in to see what was up while I towelled off. Now it's off to bed.

Have had a really big few days, and am exhausted. Will pop in tomorrow.  :)

Hey, be careful of those Match Com dates. Some of those people might only be after your body !   :o

At this point, beggars can't be choosers!   :laugh:

"What's that?  You're alive?  You breathe and have a pulse?  Let's talk!"     :laugh:

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #8909 on: October 28, 2010, 08:51:42 am »
 :D

I actually had my pulse checked, once. And I was alive !
(actually .. it was to see how fast my heart rate had gone up)  ;D

Now on the single scene again, and no-one wants to check my pulse.  :(

Oh well. I'm dry now, and really am off to bed. Another big day tomorrow.

Ciao.  :)