Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8954985 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9350 on: January 21, 2011, 06:14:28 pm »
Yes, that's it, Paul - I searched for her and she was gone, like I expected. Poor Rich.

As for the other one, I don't have a master list of the other 4,792 to double check against.  And wouldn't if I did. FB software is flaky at best.

That guy Jason, I mentioned, is currently on the 'off' list though.  Poor guy.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9351 on: January 21, 2011, 06:16:49 pm »
I really wish someone (i.e., perhaps Chuck or Lynne would explain it best to me, could call me at home) and better explain what's going on in this whole Rich/Gene/Marcia/Bizzy thing, cause I'm getting both versions of various stories pummeled at me.  Wish I knew which one was true...  I really didn't want to get embroiled in this cuz I never even met any of them, but it seems to be becoming an issue, so I'd like to get the facts.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:05:53 pm by CellarDweller »
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #9352 on: January 21, 2011, 06:34:14 pm »
I'm a poor choice, Mandy.  Anything I 'know' about this situation comes second-hand.

What I do know - a hunnerd percent - is that when a loved one dies tragically, a *real* family comes together and grieves their collective loss. They don't argue over material possessions, and they certainly don't involve bereaved children in their adult differences.

And that's all I know for sure. 
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #9353 on: January 21, 2011, 06:34:30 pm »
you can check your friends list, and see that she's not on it.  i think that's the only way. 

Yes, that's it, Paul - I searched for her and she was gone, like I expected. Poor Rich.

As for the other one, I don't have a master list of the other 4,792 to double check against.  And wouldn't if I did. FB software is flaky at best.

That guy Jason, I mentioned, is currently on the 'off' list though.  Poor guy.

Ok, thanks.

FB doesn't provide you with any shortcuts then.

Actually I don't like FB very much. I'm only there because all the Brokies are there.

But the way the whole thing works is so much inferior to the forums!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9354 on: January 21, 2011, 07:31:31 pm »
I'm a poor choice, Mandy.  Anything I 'know' about this situation comes second-hand.

What I do know - a hunnerd percent - is that when a loved one dies tragically, a *real* family comes together and grieves their collective loss. They don't argue over material possessions, and they certainly don't involve bereaved children in their adult differences.

And that's all I know for sure. 

Heya, Lynne, that's kind of the point I'm getting at.  If we're all hearing this stuff "second-hand", are we supposed to believe in it without question just because?

I do believe that the closest blood relative (i.e., Bizzy) and/or marital relation (there was none at the time of his death) deserves the keepsakes.  You all can shoot me and disown me if you want to, but please wait till tomorrow cause today's my birthday.

Like I said, I don't know what or who to believe.  Perhaps there's others in the same boat as me.  I do know that Rich professed his undying love for Gene.  I also know that long before that, he felt his undying love for his daughter Bizzy.  And I also know that even longer before that, he proved his love to his wife Marcia.

I really like to have facts straight before I get involved in something, but once I'm there, I'm there for good.  Wish I understood this particular debate better.  I wanna be on the side of the Brokies obviously, but if what Marcia is saying is true, then I have to be on the side of the little girl lost, endlessly missing her father, because that's what I can relate to more than anything.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #9355 on: January 21, 2011, 07:41:28 pm »
It is a good example of why one should have their affairs in order, advanced medical directives, living will, last will and testament, funeral plans, etc. And my affairs are not in order. I have been struggling with that ever since Rich died.

I understand he was in the process of doing that when he died, so there were ideas of what he wanted. And in this situation, as in many, there were no words to dialogue without pain being a component. There was not the benefit of having dealt with such before amongst the parties. They did what they thought was best. It is over now. Time will tell if it was worth it.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9356 on: January 21, 2011, 07:58:11 pm »
Good for you!  I was de-friended by TWO people today!  One was absolutely expected, but I haven't figured out the second. :)

lmao!  When this happens to me, it makes me laugh!  I'll notice the number has decreased, and I think, "Oh, someone decided to say "buh-bye".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9357 on: January 21, 2011, 07:59:37 pm »
There is this one evangelical Christian from high school (he was Methodist then) who alternately friends and de-friends with regularity; I just go with his flow; he rarely posts. I seriously think I offend him, then he returns to try to save me, rinse and repeat. It is pretty sad because he is one of the most isolated, lonely people I can think of - and also as deep in The Closet as one can be with the door shut and locked. :/

That's really sad.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9358 on: January 21, 2011, 08:00:10 pm »
I really wish someone (i.e., perhaps Chuck or Lynne would explain it best to me, could ... better explain what's going on in this whole Rich/Gene/Marcia/Bizzy thing.

Fortunately--I guess--I'm so far out of things that I'm not hearing anything about anything. OTOH, I have been wondering whether anything has been done--by anybody--about setting up a college fund for Elizabeth. I seem to recall that shortly after Rich died there was talk of doing something like this.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9359 on: January 21, 2011, 08:12:38 pm »
Whoa!

My blog has become a hotbed of seriousness.

I don't mean to squash the conversation, but I can only go by a lesson my mother gave me a long time ago.

"When you hear a story, there are three sides, Person A., Person B., and the truth, which is usually somewhere in the middle."

I don't know all that went down, and to be honest, it won't help matters even if I did, it won't bring Rich back.

The sadest part of this is that everyone had something major in common, they all loved Rich.

Gene and I talk as often as schedules allow.  I have no contact with Marcia or Bizzy, as they've both removed me from their friend lists on Facebook.  At one time I did have their address, as I sent Bizzy postcards from London & Rome.  After they removed me from their lists, I took that as a sign that they didn't want any communcication with me.  I'm not one to force myself where I'm not wanted, so I deleted the address from my computer.

I think Truman said it best.  It's over now.

As for my conversations with Gene, they'll stay between Gene and I.