Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8956144 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9620 on: March 25, 2011, 08:54:05 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday, and pay day!  *does happy dance*

I've already paid my bills, paid myself, and I've managed to sock some away into the savings account.  ;D

Yesterday morning I posted this:

Speaking of the car, my Tracker has been dropped off at the shop, fingers crossed that it's nothing major.  On the way home my "service engine soon" light came on.  And no, it's not a loose gas cap.  LOL

It wasn't anything major, there was something loose underneath the car which they tightened up for me, and no, the gas cap wasn't loose, it was missing.  ::)   Apparently when I filled up on Saturday, the attendant never replaced the cap.  Because the tank was full, the light didn't go on.  Now that it's down to 1/4 tank, it caused the light to go on.

::)

There's now a new cap in place, and the car is fine.

Today's Travel Destination:

Obidos  Estremadura, Portugal.

Wrapped in a Moorish wall, the tiny whitewashed village of Obidos, where even the windmill adheres to the color scheme, is so picturesque it can convince any visitor - and they are legion - that he or she can be a great photographer.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9621 on: March 25, 2011, 08:57:36 am »
Ok friends, I'm asking for opinions on this.

My brother sent me a message that I figured out how to make into a ring tone for my blackberry.  I normally don't enjoy racial humor, but every time I hear this, I laugh, and I think it would be funny as my ringtone.  However, I don't want to offend anyone. 

Let me know what you think:

The tone starts with the sound of a gong, and then some brief Asian music.  Then, an Asian man with a bad Asian accent starts to talk, and says:

"You a homosexual man!  Answer phone, gay!  Everybody knows you have sex with other men!  Answer your phone!  Hey, it's modern days, everybody knows, it's ok!  You gay!  Gay!"

:D :D :D   

So, do you this this will fly as a ring tone, or are the chances of offending people too high?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #9622 on: March 25, 2011, 09:43:00 am »
It wasn't anything major, there was something loose underneath the car which they tightened up for me, and no, the gas cap wasn't loose, it was missing.  ::)   Apparently when I filled up on Saturday, the attendant never replaced the cap.  Because the tank was full, the light didn't go on.  Now that it's down to 1/4 tank, it caused the light to go on.

::)

There's now a new cap in place, and the car is fine.

Do you still have attendants who put petrol in your car?.....I thought they were obsolete.

And about your ring tone....if it will be YOU who will hear it most of the time, then go with it.....if it is something that will be heard often by other people then they may find it offensive, or not as funny as you do....Im really not sure...I dont use a mobile phone so havent got a clue.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9623 on: March 25, 2011, 10:26:41 am »
Do you still have attendants who put petrol in your car?.....I thought they were obsolete.

Not in New Jersey, where Chuck lives. Self-service gas stations are actually against the law in New Jersey.  :-\

And about your ring tone....if it will be YOU who will hear it most of the time, then go with it.....if it is something that will be heard often by other people then they may find it offensive, or not as funny as you do....Im really not sure...I dont use a mobile phone so havent got a clue.....

If your phone went off with this ring tone while you were at work, would you want people around you to hear that? I'd be less concerned about the homosexual part of it than I would be about the Asian stereotype.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9624 on: March 25, 2011, 10:48:44 am »
If your phone went off with this ring tone while you were at work, would you want people around you to hear that? I'd be less concerned about the homosexual part of it than I would be about the Asian stereotype.

Everyone who knows me knows I'm gay, so I'm not concerned about the "gay" part of it, however, I don't want to offend any Asian people with it, like you mentioned.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9625 on: March 25, 2011, 11:14:30 am »
Everyone who knows me knows I'm gay, so I'm not concerned about the "gay" part of it, however, I don't want to offend any Asian people with it, like you mentioned.

That's what I meant, Sweetheart.  :)  :-*

There might also be people around you who aren't themselves Asian but still might find it offensive.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9626 on: March 25, 2011, 12:05:07 pm »
Chuckie, I find it offensive at any time.  Now in particular is even worse, with the disasters in Japan. 

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9627 on: March 25, 2011, 12:06:13 pm »
Geez, I didn't even think of that, Paul.

You're right.

Thanks!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9628 on: March 25, 2011, 12:47:27 pm »
...and no, the gas cap wasn't loose, it was missing.  ::)   Apparently when I filled up on Saturday, the attendant never replaced the cap. 

Hi, Chuck!

Thank goodness that couldn't happen to my gas cap.  When I put in gas, I have to open a little door in the side of the car, and then unscrew something that fits right over the opening where the gas goes in.  The thing I unscrew is what I think of as the "gas cap." 

Anyway, it's on a cord (or some such word) and when I take it off, it can't move more than about 3 inches away.  I can just wind it around a little hook on the inside of the door to the gas cap area, and it won't fall or get in the way.

A few times, I've started to drive off with the little door open and the "gas cap" hanging loose, and someone has hollered to catch my attention, but at least I wouldn't have left anything behind or lost anything.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9629 on: March 25, 2011, 02:34:46 pm »
I thought that, but they still exist in NZ. I have to get use to someone taking the hose out of my hand. My car does not have a petrol cap, the flap over the inlet locks with the car.  In my Aussie car i had a bad habit of putting the cap on top of the spare wheel at the back until I lost it. Then I use to put it on the driver's seat.
Agree, I would think the ring tone offensive.
I am going to Estramudura in May but checked the map and will not be going to Obidos.