Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9018710 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9680 on: April 05, 2011, 03:45:44 pm »
Btw, I've been at Tivoli, Copenhagen, that you posted a couple of days ago too.

I've been there at least once every summer, more often when I was little. It's part of my childhood.
It's a lovely amusement park, very old, millions of flowers and beautiful water fountains, and lots of fun for kids.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9681 on: April 05, 2011, 04:09:45 pm »
Thanks for all the pics, Sonja!  They're fantastic!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #9682 on: April 05, 2011, 04:54:37 pm »
Thanks for all the pics, Sonja!  They're fantastic!

Glad you like them!

Yes, he's a very popular artist.

You can see the special light in Skagen in many of his paintings.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9683 on: April 05, 2011, 06:56:55 pm »
Today's travel destination:

The Skagit Valley - Washington, USA

The rich farmland of the Skagit Valley is some of the most prodcutive in the Northwest, and the most beautiful crop by far is the spring bulbs.  Visit in the next few weeks and drive or bike through endless acres of daffodils, tulips, irises, and lilies.

How lovely! I want to go there!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9684 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:00 pm »

Geez, why do I seem to meet morons?

I met a guy on Match and we've been texting for almost two weeks now.  He seemed very keen on meeting, even suggested places to meet.  I said "fine".  However, last weekend he had prior commitments.  I certainly understand that.  I don't expect him to have a free weekend for someone he hasn't met yet.

So the weekend comes and goes, and I tell him that this coming weekend I have plans on Saturday, but I'm free on Friday and Sunday.  His reply:  "I'll let you know."

Really?

So he starts to text me again yesterday and today.  He says he's had a bad day at work, and I sent him a text with (((hug))) in it and tell him "if we ever meet, you'll get one in person" and I remind him that I'm free Friday and Sunday.

His reply:  "I'll let you know".

Really?

I have no problem being patient, but by my train of thought, if you really want to meet, it shouldn't be this hard to schedule a date.  I replied back with "Ok, but if I don't hear from ya near week's end, I'm accepting other offers."

He never replied back.

Geeez!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9685 on: April 05, 2011, 09:28:48 pm »
Be thankful you didn't meet this particular moron.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #9686 on: April 06, 2011, 02:48:14 am »
Oh for goodness sake, this internet meeting thing, is not what its cracked up to be.....looks like you got a bit of an odd ball like I did.

Glad to see, you ddint hang around waiting for him to "let you know"....what a dick head, as you say, its not that much of a brainer to know if you are going to be available on a certain day.....yes or no.....and you know Chucky, the thing that pissed me off the most with my odd balls, was that they actually think that I THINK their behaviour is normal.....what an insult to my intelligence,and to yours, for this idiot to think, that you would just sit around and wait for him to "let you know"........F**K him...you wouldnt want to meet someone like that anyway.......

Good luck mate.....I am sure there is some lucky guy waiting for the chance to meet you, someday, somewhere.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9687 on: April 06, 2011, 08:15:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump day!

Oooooh.....it's cold here today!  Where did spring go?  ???

I hope that everyone is doing well today!  I think I pissed off that guy I've been texting with.  :laugh:  By now we've told each other "good morning" and sent some general texts back and forth.  Today, nothing.  I'm not about to text him, so if he's waiting on me he'll be waiting a long time.

:laugh:

Thanks for the messages of support, and the phone call from a special Brokie who saw the post and wanted to check in.  ;)

Today's travel destination:

Keukenhof Gardens, Lisse, The Netherlands.

Keukenhof ("Kitchen garden"), also known as the Garden of Europe, is situated near Lisse, Netherlands, and is the world's largest flower garden. According to the official website for the Keukenhof Park, approximately 7,000,000 (seven million) flower bulbs are planted annually in the park, which covers an area of 32 hectares.

Keukenhof is open annually from the last week in March to mid-May. The best time to view the tulips is around mid-April, depending on the weather.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9688 on: April 06, 2011, 09:05:30 am »
Oooooh.....it's cold here today!  Where did spring go?  ???

It's just being coy. It's definitely spring. Down here, the daffodils and hyacinths are in full bloom, and the heat Monday afternoon (it felt like June when I left work just after 4:30) brought on the blossoms on the Bradford pear trees, many of which are blooming. The magnolias are "pushing," and it's also a boneless blue morning.  :)

Though I did go back to a heavy leather jacket, scarf, and gloves to come to work this morning.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9689 on: April 06, 2011, 03:48:10 pm »
Oh for goodness sake, this internet meeting thing, is not what its cracked up to be.....looks like you got a bit of an odd ball like I did.

Glad to see, you ddint hang around waiting for him to "let you know"....what a dick head, as you say, its not that much of a brainer to know if you are going to be available on a certain day.....yes or no.....and you know Chucky, the thing that pissed me off the most with my odd balls, was that they actually think that I THINK their behaviour is normal.....what an insult to my intelligence,and to yours, for this idiot to think, that you would just sit around and wait for him to "let you know"........F**K him...you wouldnt want to meet someone like that anyway.......

Good luck mate.....I am sure there is some lucky guy waiting for the chance to meet you, someday, somewhere.....

You know, I was thinking some more about this.  Either the moron is just extremely rude, or maybe he has something else going on in his life...? 

Like, you know, a wife or partner that he has to wait and find out what their schedule will be like this weekend, and therefore which day he'll be "free" to see you....   :-\ 

I know you said he didn't post his picture online because he's a teacher, but maybe there's more to it than that; maybe there's somebody else he's trying to hide from.

Moron either way you look at it.

Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?