Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9033108 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9760 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32:01 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend, and feels rested for work today!

I'm in the mood for Chinese food.  ;D

I did go bowling yesterday, but didn't get the chance to update my "Striking out" section of the blog.  I will do so tonight.

Today's travel destination:

Newport, Rhode Island, USA.

Home to spectacular coastal scenery, awe-inspiring architecture, a thriving waterfront downtown, and welcoming hospitality, Newport, Rhode Island is considered by many to be a shining gem in the coastal crown of New England. From weekend getaways spent touring the famed Gilded Age mansions that once were the summer playground for socialite families with names like Astor and Vanderbilt to an afternoon of wine tasting through Newport's three scenic vineyards, the options for interesting activities, distinctive stories, and enticing photo opportunities are countless!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9761 on: May 03, 2011, 08:14:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

What's new, and shakin'?  ;D

Work is starting to level off at the moment, but that's just the calm before the storm.  ;D  Renewal time is upon me, and we will be busy busy busy busy busy!

Hell, as long as there is a paycheck with my name on it, I shouldn't complain.

but I will.  LOL

Portofino, Liguria, Italy.

Portofino, one of the lovliest towns on the Italian Riviera, is said to be the most photographed village in the world.  The best times to go are May, June, and September, in good weather but outside tourist high season.  In July & August, the congestion on the coastal road leading to the town makes visiting a test of patience.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9762 on: May 03, 2011, 11:51:46 am »
Good morning, Chuck.

Beautiful destination.

Renewal time sounds like a drag, but you've got the right attitude:  the job does pay.  Hang in there.   :)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9763 on: May 04, 2011, 07:50:53 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!

It's all downhill to Friday now!  ;D

Iceberg Alley, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada.

From early spring until midsummer, icebergs break from the glaciers of Greenland and are pulled by the Labrador current along the coasts of Newfoundland and Labrador.  Eerily beautiful, they glide majestically on dark blue waters, and tour boats go out to meet them.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9764 on: May 04, 2011, 01:56:23 pm »
pretty!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9765 on: May 05, 2011, 07:53:32 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I think I'm starting to catch up on work now!  ;D  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

although that will change shortly, when the full renewal season hits, ugh!  Then I'll be swamped here big time.

The Royal Pavilion, Brighton, England.

The star attraction of Brighton, self-anointed "London-by-the Sea", is the restored Royal Pavilion, a pseudo-Oriental pleasure palace built in the late 1700s by the Prince Regent, later King George IV.  This confection of minarets and onion domes offers a whimsical interior to match.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9766 on: May 05, 2011, 09:28:16 am »

The Royal Pavilion, Brighton, England.

The star attraction of Brighton, self-anointed "London-by-the Sea", is the restored Royal Pavilion, a pseudo-Oriental pleasure palace built in the late 1700s by the Prince Regent, later King George IV.  This confection of minarets and onion domes offers a whimsical interior to match.

I've been there! :D (Well, in Brighton at least)
Have just checked my photo album, it was in 1993.
1993 -  :o Where did the time go, is it really almost twenty years ago?

I'm pretty sure we must have at least visited the Royal Pavillion from the outside, but I can't exactly remember it.
The single photo I took in Brighton is of hubby putting his face through one of those photo coulisses/photo sceneries at the Palace Pier. I don't even know how it's called in German, I just hope you know what I mean.
Such were the days before digital photography. :laugh: You counted every single shot.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9767 on: May 05, 2011, 09:45:20 am »
The single photo I took in Brighton is of hubby putting his face through one of those photo coulisses/photo sceneries at the Palace Pier. I don't even know how it's called in German, I just hope you know what I mean.

I know what you mean.....it's usually a comical thing, a wooden stand that painted to look like something, and a hole for your head, so it looks like your head is on another type of body.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #9768 on: May 05, 2011, 10:01:47 am »

I know what you mean.....it's usually a comical thing, a wooden stand that painted to look like something, and a hole for your head, so it looks like your head is on another type of body.

Exactly.
And what's the name for it?
Does it even have a specific naming? It should, because it's awfully long to write the whole description in a sentence, when you could just use one simple word for it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9769 on: May 06, 2011, 08:55:07 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Friday, and Happy Pay Day!   ;D'

Made my hotel reservation for the AIDS walk in Boston!  I can't wait to see Brokies again!  It's been waaaaaaaaaay too long!

;D

The High Atlas, Morocco.

Trekking the High Atlas can mean traveli9ng on reasonably flat terrain or climbing amid 13,000-foot peaks.  Amid the highest mountains, travelers move through vast panoramas untouched by modern times and meet remote villagers, shepherds and nomads.