Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9007934 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10070 on: July 21, 2011, 08:01:33 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Another weekend is closing in, thank God!

;D

I feel very tired today!  I went out with coworkers last night on a boat trip.  One of the guys here has a motorboat, and we went out on a nearby lake, out to dinner, and then back on the lake.  Needless to say, it was great outside, but still tiring.

I was SUPPOSED to have a date on Saturday, but I got home from the night out to find a message from the guy saying "you're an interesting guy but I don't think we're compatable."

Ok, if you want to make that assessment before even meeting me face to face after 4 days of emails and phone conversations.  Good luck to ya!

Today's travel destination:

Killarney National Park, Kerry, Ireland.

With all the grandeur of true wilderness just minutes south of civilization, the 25,000 acres of Killarney National Park deliver wonderful cycling, nature walks, and rides in two-wheel horsedrawn "jaunting cars" through terrain of lakes, rivers, valleys and woodlands.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10071 on: July 21, 2011, 08:10:49 am »
I'm glad you enjoyed the boat rides, Chuck.  Sounds fun, and maybe cooler than on land.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline brianr

« Reply #10072 on: July 22, 2011, 12:40:42 am »

Killarney National Park, Kerry, Ireland.

With all the grandeur of true wilderness just minutes south of civilization, the 25,000 acres of Killarney National Park deliver wonderful cycling, nature walks, and rides in two-wheel horsedrawn "jaunting cars" through terrain of lakes, rivers, valleys and woodlands.

I spent 3 days in Killarney in June. Instead of riding in a jaunting car,  I walked the 7 miles over the Gap of Dunloe in the National Park  followed by an trip in an open boat through the lakes, very scenic.

Offline ZK

« Reply #10073 on: July 22, 2011, 04:06:08 am »
Man sorry to hear about the date, if thats his attitude you are well clear of him. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10074 on: July 22, 2011, 07:52:07 am »
Man sorry to hear about the date, if thats his attitude you are well clear of him. 

My sentiments exactly!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10075 on: July 22, 2011, 08:03:55 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday, and for me, will be a day in Hell at my job.

We've had a loan closing that's been going on for some time now, it keeps getting pushed off another day, and then another day....blah blah blah.

Well, it looks like today is going to be the day that this over $10,000,000.00 facility closes.  Of course, the client has to be difficult.  ::)  They want to wire funds out, but not just to one place, but multiple places.  So aside from setting this up and making sure the funds are reflected on the system, I have to process approximately 25 wires to push the funds where they need to go.

Some coworkers and I are going out after work for dinner and drinks, I'm going to NEED them after today.  ::)

The Driftless Area, Ontario, Wisconsin  USA.

Watch for the brown "Rustic Road" signs in the Driftless Area, a pocket of serpentine valleys, crooked rivers, and craggy bluffs in southwestern Wisconsin.  Follow the signs to scenic drives that are also perfect for biking

« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:57:24 am by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10076 on: July 22, 2011, 08:09:24 am »
I spent 3 days in Killarney in June. Instead of riding in a jaunting car,  I walked the 7 miles over the Gap of Dunloe in the National Park  followed by an trip in an open boat through the lakes, very scenic.

Hiya Brian!  Thanks for letting me know.  I enjoy hearing when someone here has been to a place that I post.  I've never been to Ireland, but it's on the list of places to go.  I have a friend who goes every other year or so, and she can never stop talking about how beautiful it is.  7 mile walk?  Damn!!!  I think the furthest I've ever gone is 5 miles.  You must've been tired after that!

My sentiments exactly!

Hiya Matthew and Kelda!  Yeah, I agree.  LOL   Oh well, you can't please everyone, and the search continues!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10077 on: July 22, 2011, 08:39:55 am »
Follow the wigns to scenic drives that are also perfect for biking

The whut?  ???

;D

:-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

« Reply #10078 on: July 22, 2011, 03:21:01 pm »
Hiya Brian!  Thanks for letting me know.  I enjoy hearing when someone here has been to a place that I post.  I've never been to Ireland, but it's on the list of places to go.  I have a friend who goes every other year or so, and she can never stop talking about how beautiful it is.  7 mile walk?  Damn!!!  I think the furthest I've ever gone is 5 miles.  You must've been tired after that!

I must admit I read the 7 miles as 7 km and was shocked about half way to realise it was really 11 km. However my walking group goes about 8 km every Tuesday and often up steeper hills.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10079 on: July 22, 2011, 09:01:30 pm »
I must admit I read the 7 miles as 7 km and was shocked about half way to realise it was really 11 km. However my walking group goes about 8 km every Tuesday and often up steeper hills.

Wow, that's a lot of walking!  Good for you for keeping active.  I truly believe that if you don't "use it" you "lose it" and that's one of the reasons I exercise every day, to keep everything working.

We lost power here today (the whole town) for about 15 or 20 minutes.  Thankfully, it came back on and we have electricity, A/C and phones again.