Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9047778 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10230 on: September 13, 2011, 07:44:32 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Made it through Monday!  ;D

It's nice and quiet here today, of course, I'm the only one here, so I'm sure it won't stay quiet for long!  But it would be nice if it did.

;D

Tonight is the next bowling leauge night!  ;D

Today's Travel Destination:

Essaouira, Morocco.

Within Essaouira's walled fortifications, designed by a French architect for Sultan Sidi Mohammed in the 18th century, narrow lanes teem with craft shops, artisans, and friendly cafés.  Outside of them is Morocco's best beach, a windy stretch famous these days as a mecca for surfing and windsurfing enthusiasts.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10231 on: September 14, 2011, 07:53:37 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!  ;D

Last night's bowling session went well, but I'm going to have to get used to staying out late on a Tuesday, and waking up early on a Wednesday.  LOL  It's a little rough this morning!

However, everyone that I work for should be out most (if not all) of the day, so I should be able to get caught up on a bunch of stuff today!  ;D

Mont Blanc, Italy & France.

Mont Blanc is the monarch of the mountains;
They crown'd him long ago
On a throne of rocks, in a robe of clouds
With a diadem of snow.

Lord Byron

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10232 on: September 15, 2011, 07:48:09 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hello everyone!!

It's two "dress up" days in a row here at work.  I usually just wear some nice pants and a polo shirt.  However, today our boss is taking me and my fellow "RA" (as well as our immediate supervisor) out for lunch as a thank you for all the hard work over the past few months.  So today I have dress pants and a button down on.

Tomorrow a (as my mom would say) "high mucky-muck" will be visiting here for breakfast, which means full on tie and jacket will be the proper attire.

Oh joy!   ::)

Pamukkale, Turkey.

The white travertine tiers of Pamukkale (Cotton Castle), joined together like huge waterlilies by cotton-candy waterfalls and gleaming white stalactites, have amazed and delighted visitors since the days of the ancient Romans.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10233 on: September 15, 2011, 08:55:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hello everyone!!

It's two "dress up" days in a row here at work.  I usually just wear some nice pants and a polo shirt.  However, today our boss is taking me and my fellow "RA" (as well as our immediate supervisor) out for lunch as a thank you for all the hard work over the past few months.  So today I have dress pants and a button down on.

Tomorrow a (as my mom would say) "high mucky-muck" will be visiting here for breakfast, which means full on tie and jacket will be the proper attire.

Oh joy!   ::)

Pamukkale, Turkey.

The white travertine tiers of Pamukkale (Cotton Castle), joined together like huge waterlilies by cotton-candy waterfalls and gleaming white stalactites, have amazed and delighted visitors since the days of the ancient Romans.

Ive been to Pamukkale! Not for about 15 yrs mind you.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10234 on: September 16, 2011, 07:45:31 am »
Ive been to Pamukkale! Not for about 15 yrs mind you.

Very cool!  Was it as pretty as the pics I've seen?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10235 on: September 16, 2011, 07:51:22 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday!   ;D

Damn, talk about fast temperature changes!!!  At the beginning of the week I had my air conditioner on.  This morning I woke up and the heating was on!

:o

The Rialto, Venice, Italy.

The Rialto, the heart of Venice, exudes romance, but historiocally it buzzed with commerce.  Stroll its lively canalside markets for a sense of the days when galleys unloaded spices, slaves, and ivory.  Although souvenirs like gondloier hats and carnival masks have muscled in amid the produce and exotic seafood, the view from the white-marble bridge can still appear unchanged.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10236 on: September 16, 2011, 08:38:18 am »
Very cool!  Was it as pretty as the pics I've seen?

It was yes!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10237 on: September 16, 2011, 10:34:20 am »
The Rialto, Venice, Italy.

The Rialto, the heart of Venice, exudes romance, but historiocally it buzzed with commerce.  Stroll its lively canalside markets for a sense of the days when galleys unloaded spices, slaves, and ivory.  Although souvenirs like gondloier hats and carnival masks have muscled in amid the produce and exotic seafood, the view from the white-marble bridge can still appear unchanged.

Been there!  One of my favorite places in the world.  My only regret in not marrying is I missed honeymooning in Venice.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10238 on: September 16, 2011, 10:38:24 am »
Meryl, you could pull a Sue Sylvester and marry yourself and go there. I went there on 9-9-99, with my mother.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10239 on: September 16, 2011, 11:44:51 am »

Pamukkale, Turkey.

Been there, too! :)
Same as Kelda, it was long ago. It is truly beautiful. But the thing that is most prominent in my mind when thinking of Pamukkale, is that my BF (hubby now) fell ill on me when we were there. Laid in his sleeping bag, in the tent, shivering with fever in Turkey's summer heat for two days. Was kinda scary. He couldn't get up, and I couldn't drive the motorbike. I hitchhiked to the next town/village at one point and went into a Pharmacy, to be met by a clerk who didn't speak a single word English or German.
But the clerk was so friendly and helpful. Beckoned me to wait, and came back half an hour later with a doctor who had studied in Great Britain. The doctor talked to me in the pharmacy as if I were an old neighbour, then told the pharmacist to give me some pills, and didn't take anything from me but a thank you. I remember that I paid only some cents for the pills. No idea what they were, but the next morning the fever had broken, and a day later we could move on.