Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9047667 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10300 on: October 05, 2011, 08:45:08 am »
exercise before 6am?! Yuck!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10301 on: October 05, 2011, 09:00:40 am »

What Kelda said. ...  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10302 on: October 06, 2011, 07:47:30 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

The weekend is closing in!  ;D

And it's a three day weekend as well!  Monday is Columbus Day.  ;D  I hope to use this weekend to catch up on my writing, as I've ignored it badly over the past few months!

What Kelda said. ...  :P

Yes, exercise before 6am and it's not "yuck"!  LOL

Truth be told, I'd rather be asleep (who wouldn't) but I get a small sense of satisfaction from forcing myself to do something good for me.  Now I just need to make it carry through the day!

Today's travel destination:

Antwerp, Belgium.

Often bypassed by tourists, this businesslike Belgian city once dominated the intellectual, commercial and artistic life of the Low Countries in the 16th & 17th centuries, and was home to Peter Paul Rubens who lived there as a court painter and diplomat.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10303 on: October 06, 2011, 09:08:25 am »
I get a small sense of satisfaction from forcing myself to do something good for me.

I believe that's known as masochism, Sweetheart.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10304 on: October 07, 2011, 07:30:53 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Woooowhooooo!

It's Friday, it's pay day, and it's a three day weekend!

*does the happy dance*

Truth be told, I am a little angry at something.  I ordered a little supply of stuff for the "goodie bag" for the Chicago Brokie gathering.  I've been tracking the package and it's stopped moving.  It reached a UPS location, and then just stopped.  I've contacted UPS and the seller to let them know the issue.  I'm hoping it will be resolved soon.

Omayya Mosque, Damascus, Syria.

Once the site of the Basilica of S. John the Baptist (the saint's head is believed to be buried in the sanctuary), the Omayyad Mosque has been a Muslim place of worship since the 7th century.  Its cool marble courtyard is a lovely respite for the heat and bustle of Damascus.  Indoors, the carpeted expanse welcomes those who come to pray and linger.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10305 on: October 09, 2011, 04:08:34 pm »
Today's Travel Destination:

Telluride, Colorado.

Most people know Telluride for its skiing, but in warmer weather thetwon and the nearby terrain offer stellar possibilities for hiking and summertime cultural festivals.  A free 12-minute gondola ride, called "the most beautiful commute in America," connects the two with the Mountain Village, full of luxary condos, shops, & restuarants.

A little late to reply, but I've been there!  About 37 years ago. :D

It was during summer, but I don't remember the gondola ride, if it was there then.  I stayed with a friend in a luxury condo-type rental.

It was a nice little town in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by mountains all around.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10306 on: October 11, 2011, 08:05:56 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Return to work today!  Ugh!  LOL

I just hope I remember today is Tuesday and I'm supposed to bowl tonight!   :laugh:

The weekend was good, and I made and reached a goal for myself, to focus on my writing and get 4 chapters of my novella done in 4 nights.

Happy National Coming Out Day!  ;D

Old San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The 16th-Century fortresses of Old San Juan once guarded the cobblestone streets and Spanish colonial bu9ildngs that today receive a different kind of protection - as a seven square-block landmark zone providing a remarkable walk back through history.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10307 on: October 12, 2011, 07:49:58 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump day!

;D

I hope everyone is doing well!  I'm a little tired today, but bowling did get finished earlier than usual, so I did manage to get some sleep last night.

Stourhead, England.

The poetic vistas of Stourhead, the most celebrated exampe of 18th-century English landscape gardening, are punctuated with architectural highlights like a neoclassical Pantheon, a grotto, and temples tio Flora and Apollo.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10308 on: October 12, 2011, 10:53:23 am »
That reminds me of the island Princess Diana is buried on.  Have a nice day Chuckie!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10309 on: October 13, 2011, 07:34:28 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone today?  The weekend is closing in, does anyone have good plans yet?  I have a cousin that is getting some kind of award, so I'll be at the party for that on Saturday.

That reminds me of the island Princess Diana is buried on.  Have a nice day Chuckie!

I did have a nice day, Big Brother Truman!  I hope you did too!   :-*  Weird dreams last night though......I dreamed that I had a new boss, who was very wishy-washy and a nerd in general.  Not like my boss at all!

Fredericsburg, Texas.

Fredericksburg was founded in 1846 in the Hill Country of Texas.  It is known as the home of "Texas German", a German dialect spoken by the first generations of settlers who did not learn English.  Fredericksburg proudly perserves its German heritage, celebrating it with special zeal in the fall during the time of Oktoberfest.