Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9038244 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10370 on: November 01, 2011, 08:15:51 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Halloween luncheon went well yesterday!  I'm in the process of "undecorating" now.

LOL.

Today's travel destination:

Old Town Square, Prague, Czech Republic.

Prague's first settlements appeared in the 10th century on the east bank of the meandering Vltava River, and one thousand years later, the Old Tow Square is still the very heart of the city.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10371 on: November 01, 2011, 10:18:12 am »
Halloween luncheon went well yesterday!  I'm in the process of "undecorating" now.

Where are the pics? *taps fingers on desk* ;)

Prague's first settlements appeared in the 10th century on the east bank of the meandering Vltava River, and one thousand years later, the Old Tow Square is still the very heart of the city.

Been there! Our very last school trip, in celebration of graduating, was to Prague. Wild times! :laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10372 on: November 01, 2011, 02:14:34 pm »

Been there a couple of times. The old town of Prague is very beautiful, but VERY touristy.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10373 on: November 02, 2011, 08:22:30 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

No bowling update today, I didn't bowl last night.  It was the "fun night" so the scores didn't count, and my two team mates weren't able to make it, due to the storm and power and such, so rather than not have a team, I decided not to go.

It's hump day!!!  Anyone hae good plans this weekend?  On Saturday my cousin Guido is getting married to his partner, Michael.  I'll be at the ceremony and reception.  According to the invite, come dressed in 70s style, or black & red.

;D

Pienza, Tuscany, Italy

Inspect the High Renaissance buildings of tiny Pienza, an urban gem created by Pope Pius II in the 15th century.  Walk around behind the cathedral, set on a cliff's edge, for picture-perfect views of the Val d'Orcia and Monte Amiata, a dormant volcano.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10374 on: November 02, 2011, 11:07:53 am »
Good morning, Chuck.

How nice for your cousin, getting married this Saturday.   :)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10375 on: November 02, 2011, 11:36:19 am »
Didn't know you had a cousin who is a real Guido.  ;)

Congrats and best wishes for many years of happiness to him and his partner!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10376 on: November 02, 2011, 06:04:05 pm »
Yeah! Where are the pics of your constume!?!

I've been to Prague once... never to Pienza though. Looks lovely.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10377 on: November 03, 2011, 07:49:18 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Weekend is closing in, and so is the day we set the clocks back!  An extra hour of sleep!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Where are the pics? *taps fingers on desk* ;)

Yeah! Where are the pics of your constume!?!

I know, I keep forgetting to post them!  I'll try to remember to do it tonight!   :laugh:

How nice for your cousin, getting married this Saturday.   :)

Didn't know you had a cousin who is a real Guido.  ;)

Congrats and best wishes for many years of happiness to him and his partner!  :D

Yes, he's a "real" Guido, and not one of those "Jersey Shore" fake-ass guidos.  ::)

Guido and Michael have been together for years now, and truth be told, I don't think they ever planned on getting married legally.  They live in NY and had a ceremony years before marrige became legal, and I think they were fine with that.  However, at a family reunion not long after the vote happened, a lot of family members approached and asked when they would make it "legal" and I think they were kinda surprised at how many in the family wanted to see it, so they planned (for them) a second wedding which is happening this Saturday.

Metéora, Greece.

Removed as far from earthly distractions as possible, the monasteries of the Metéora are perched on seemingly inaccessible pinnacles of rock 1,000 fee above the Peneus Valley.  In the 16th century there were twenty-four of these outposts;  today four survive as museums pieces and two others , with a handful of monks, continue their traditional role.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10378 on: November 03, 2011, 08:39:05 am »
Guido and Michael have been together for years now, and truth be told, I don't think they ever planned on getting married legally.  They live in NY and had a ceremony years before marrige became legal, and I think they were fine with that.  However, at a family reunion not long after the vote happened, a lot of family members approached and asked when they would make it "legal" and I think they were kinda surprised at how many in the family wanted to see it, so they planned (for them) a second wedding which is happening this Saturday.

I think that's kinda nice, actually.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10379 on: November 03, 2011, 11:28:49 am »
Yes, he's a "real" Guido, and not one of those "Jersey Shore" fake-ass guidos.  ::)

Now if I had any idea what a "real Guido" is.....

All the best to them!

Metéora, Greece.

Removed as far from earthly distractions as possible, the monasteries of the Metéora are perched on seemingly inaccessible pinnacles of rock 1,000 fee above the Peneus Valley.  In the 16th century there were twenty-four of these outposts;  today four survive as museums pieces and two others , with a handful of monks, continue their traditional role.

Benn there, been there, been there! *hops enthusiastically up and down*
Soooo beautiful, I spent the most wonderful time there. It was 1987, we had just graduated from school (skipped the graduation ceremony for this trip), I was soooo young and we had been together only for 1.5 years then, thus still freshly in love. Romantic times! Plenty of nude pictures, too :laugh: