Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8955975 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10440 on: November 21, 2011, 08:33:00 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone doing after the weekend!

Thanksgiving is coming, and I hope that everyone who is celebrating is ready, or near ready!

;D

Lunch/dinner will be at home, brother, sister-in-law and niece are joining us.

Today's travel destination:

Lamu, Kenya

Not quite undiscovered, but still car-free and unspoiled, the tiny island of Lamu is Kenya's oldest living city and still shows the influence of the Arab traders who created it.  The men wear white robes, the women are draped in black, and travel is in the tradional wooden sailing vessel called a dhow.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10441 on: November 21, 2011, 12:37:34 pm »
Good morning, Chuck.

No family dinner for me this Thanksgiving, since I'm not going back to Colorado again!  I'd like to be there, but it's just too soon for me to travel again.

So I'll be having a restful weekend at home, and in the neighborhood.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10442 on: November 22, 2011, 09:05:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Ugh, bad sleep last night, and at one point, my room felt sooooo stuffy, I had to turn my ceiling fan on.

Bowling tonight, I'm looking forward to it, but being so tired, I'm hoping I don't bowl very badly.  Of course, it will be a late night, and so I'll be even more tired tomorrow.

Today's travel destination:

Broome, Australia.

Broome is a pearling and tourist town in the Kimberley region of Western Australia, 1,400 mi north of Perth. The year round population is approximately 14,436, growing to more than 45,000 per month during the tourist season.  Broome is the home of Cable Beach, a flat, white-sand beach with water that is crystal clear turquoise.  Travelers can take sunset camel rides daily.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #10443 on: November 22, 2011, 09:18:29 am »
Chuck, if the quality of your sleep is good, you don't have to have so many hours of it. I'm sending you wishes for a restorative sleep tonight.

Broome, isn't that where Heath was from?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline dejavu

« Reply #10444 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:30 pm »
Sorry you didn't sleep well last night, Chuck.  I didn't either, actually, although I was in bed long enough, but I went to bed too late and my head didn't feel right when I woke up.

Room temperature can have a lot to do with that, so I hope your room isn't stuffy tonight.  Maybe you need some fresh air. 
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline brianr

« Reply #10445 on: November 22, 2011, 02:04:10 pm »
Heath was born and grew up in Perth.  Broome is also in Western Australia but is over 2000 km (1300 miles) north so is not just round the corner :)

I have decided to keep my travels to NZ-Australia in 2012 and am hoping to travel from Darwin to Perth (via Broome) in July/August. I do not like traveling in organised bus tours so may hire a car or more likely a campervan. It is a long way by myself (4000km) though I would probably take a month. I am trying to talk my sister and brother-in-law into coming with me. It would mean a bigger campervan. My sister is keen but my BIL will never make up his mind until the last minute and these things need booking. Camping grounds in Broome are notoriously full up during the dry season. I plan to travel by train from Mebourne to Adelaide then up the centre to Darwin and then back from Perth to Sydney.
I went to Darwin in 1968 but that was before the big cyclone destroyed it on Christmas eve 1974. I visited Perth (drove right across) in 1972 and 1979.
Have never been up the north west coast between them.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10446 on: November 22, 2011, 02:51:06 pm »
Heath was born and grew up in Perth.  Broome is also in Western Australia but is over 2000 km (1300 miles) north so is not just round the corner :)

I have decided to keep my travels to NZ-Australia in 2012 and am hoping to travel from Darwin to Perth (via Broome) in July/August. I do not like traveling in organised bus tours so may hire a car or more likely a campervan. It is a long way by myself (4000km) though I would probably take a month. I am trying to talk my sister and brother-in-law into coming with me. It would mean a bigger campervan. My sister is keen but my BIL will never make up his mind until the last minute and these things need booking. Camping grounds in Broome are notoriously full up during the dry season. I plan to travel by train from Mebourne to Adelaide then up the centre to Darwin and then back from Perth to Sydney.
I went to Darwin in 1968 but that was before the big cyclone destroyed it on Christmas eve 1974. I visited Perth (drove right across) in 1972 and 1979.
Have never been up the north west coast between them.

A campervan trip.. sounds cool!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10447 on: November 22, 2011, 02:59:38 pm »
Broome, isn't that where Heath was from?

No, he was from Perth, as Brian already said.
He lived in Broome Street in NYC though. Guess you mixed up those two.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10448 on: November 22, 2011, 03:11:43 pm »
I have decided to keep my travels to NZ-Australia in 2012 and am hoping to travel from Darwin to Perth (via Broome) in July/August. I do not like traveling in organised bus tours so may hire a car or more likely a campervan. It is a long way by myself (4000km) though I would probably take a month. I am trying to talk my sister and brother-in-law into coming with me.

Are you sure you would want to spend that much time in a camper with your sister and brother-in-law?

I'm just askin'. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10449 on: November 23, 2011, 09:48:58 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day! 

It's Thanksgiving Eve.  Or, as one NY radio station called it, due to the amount of partying and drinking that goes on, perhaps resulting in people going home with the wrong people - - "Skanks-Giving!"  :D :D

Had a good time bowling last night, and even hit a new "league high" for me, my best game last night was a 151.  ;D

Today's destination, The Alhambra, Spain:

For almost 250 years the "Red Fortress" served teh Morrish rulers of Granada as palace, harem, residence for court officials, and garrison.  Although it is austere on the outside, nearly every serface inside is covered with fantastically ornate geometric and flowing arabesque patterns.