Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9008866 times)

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10490 on: December 14, 2011, 08:43:09 am »

Hiya Chuck.

Nice to see you are still here, and still have that great sense of humour.  :)

Hey, I've been trying to find where I put your postal address, in time to send a Xmas card.

My 'new' address is on my blog. I've had it for a while, but it seems like ages since I was last visited Bettermost.

Ciao.  :)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10491 on: December 15, 2011, 09:11:31 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone is well!!!

10 days to Christmas!  Are you ready?

I was barely online yesterday, Tuesday night was a late night and then Wednesday was busy at work.  Bowling went well, and my high game was a 155, a new high for me.

;D

Today's destination:  Nara Koen, Japan

Anchoring the parkland called Nara Koen, the colossal bronze Daibutsu Buddha measures 53 feet high and was commissioned in 743, in the days when Nara was the capital of a newly united Japan.  It sits in a massive temple that is believed to be the world's largest wooden structure.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10492 on: December 15, 2011, 09:13:31 am »
Hiya Chuck.

Nice to see you are still here, and still have that great sense of humour.  :)

Hey, I've been trying to find where I put your postal address, in time to send a Xmas card.

My 'new' address is on my blog. I've had it for a while, but it seems like ages since I was last visited Bettermost.

Ciao.  :)

Hiya buddy!  I'll go to your blog and get the address!  Thanks!

Mine is:

Chuck DiGuilio
367 Belleville Avenue
Bloomfield, NJ 07003

I sent a card to you already, but at your old address.   :laugh:  I'll try again!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10493 on: December 15, 2011, 06:58:16 pm »
Hi, Chuck!

Congratulations on that "new high" bowling game Tuesday night.   :)
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10494 on: December 16, 2011, 11:29:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Today I had the day off work.  I slept in, and then went into NYC to meet a friend.  We went to the Musuem of Sex, and then the Public Libaray of NYC.  Today was definitely an educational day.  We also had some coffee and then a snack at Hale & Hearty Soup.

Tomorrow is a White Elephant Party that I was invited to.  I've been asked to make stromboli, so I will do that tomorrow morning.  I also wanted to bring a dessert, so I made my White Chocolate Brownies.

Today's destination:  Cairo Egypt

In the ancient quarter of Cairo, modern life goes on amid congestion, poverty, and the legendary hospitality of the Egyptian people while graceful minarets and cultural monuments stand all around.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #10495 on: December 17, 2011, 01:18:42 am »
Chuck, thanks for your card!  You went with nice rather than naughty this year, I see.  ;D

Speaking of naughty, the Museum of Sex was a bit of a letdown, I thought.  Still, it's a worthy subject.  Maybe it'll get better as the years go on.  8)

What is the White Elephant you're bringing?
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10496 on: December 17, 2011, 05:36:46 am »
Chuck, I think I've asked this before, in which case I've forgotten the answer  ::), but what's a white elephant party?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10497 on: December 17, 2011, 03:21:18 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

The gift is wrapped, the strombolis are cooked, the brownies are baked and plated, the chocolate vodka and soda is chilled.  I think I'm good to go for the White Elephant party at 4.

;D

Today's destination:  Fiji

The majority of Fiji's islands were formed through volcanic activity started around 150 million years ago. Today, some geothermal activity still occurs on the islands of Vanua Levu and Taveuni.  There are more than 300 islands that make up The Fiji Islands.  Because of the abundance of forest, mineral, and fish resources, Fiji is one of the most developed economies in the Pacific island realm. Today, the main sources of foreign exchange are its tourist industry and sugar exports.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10498 on: December 17, 2011, 04:43:34 pm »
Chuck, thanks for your card!  You went with nice rather than naughty this year, I see.  ;D

Speaking of naughty, the Museum of Sex was a bit of a letdown, I thought.  Still, it's a worthy subject.  Maybe it'll get better as the years go on.  8)

What is the White Elephant you're bringing?

Hiya Meryl!  I'm glad you got it!  ;D  As for "nice" rather than 'naughty' :laugh: I've decided to mail out the cards that Rich used to mail out.  Kinda my way of keeping him around for the holidays.  I hope that doesn't sound morbid.

I really liked te Museum of Sex.  I would like to see it expanded, but I thought it was very informative and humorous.

Chuck, I think I've asked this before, in which case I've forgotten the answer  ::), but what's a white elephant party?

Hiya Sonja!

To use BetterMost members as an example, let's say you are holding one.  You've invited me, Meryl, John, Monika, Paul and Lynne.

Everyone goes through their home and finds an ugly, tacky, or even broken item they no longer want, and they wrap it up as new.  The packages are arranged on a table and everyone draws a number from a bag.  Sonja, you pick #1 so you go first and pick and unwrap a present.  Meryl drew #2, so she goes next.  She has the option to open a new gift, or steal yours.  If she steals yours, you get to pick a new gift.  It goes on this way until all the gifts are open.  Because you went first and didn't get the option to steal, you can then walk around and choose one gift to steal, if you so want to.

After that, everyone just takes their tacky gift home and throws it out, because there is no emotional ties to it.  lol

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10499 on: December 17, 2011, 04:56:40 pm »
LOL, that sounds like a fun way to get rid of stuff you really don't want!  ;D

I could probably use a few of those parties....  ::)

I suppose there's a lof of laughs when the gifts are unwrapped.

Thanks for explaining, Chuck.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre