Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9039074 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10750 on: March 06, 2012, 08:30:39 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yup, it's bowling night!  I hope it goes as well this week as it did last week!  My team won all three games!   ;D  I was above average by 20 pins or more in all three games!  ;D

Sigh. I found them.

(I blame "winter"--in quotes because this was a fake winter--I don't have to shovel snow, but a regular wintery winter takes ENERGY to move around; so, if you are eating thick meaty stews and goulashes--Fake Winter equals LOVE handles! 4.5lbs each! Gah!)

:o :o
>:( >:(
::) ::)

I believe I would be hard pressed to find an extra 9 pounds on you, friend.  :-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10751 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:10 am »
From the pictures I've seen of John on here, I think it would be difficult to find 90 pounds on him.

Oops, that's called "skinny-bashing" now, isn't it?  Better mind my P's & Q's (AND contain my jealousy).
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #10752 on: March 06, 2012, 01:35:41 pm »
Chuck, have you already downloaded Madonna's new one?  If not, try here:

http://perezhilton.com/2012-03-06-new-madonna-music-leaks-preview-im-addicted-here

Hope it works for you.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10753 on: March 07, 2012, 11:48:11 am »

Happy dance for mid-week!  I did a lot of boppin' and dancin' at the lanes last night, someone decided it would be a whole lot of Madonna music.

;D

And that was the ONLY good thing about bowling last night.  Ugh!  My entire team had an off night, it's hard to believe after we did so well last week.   Oh well, can't all be winners.

From the pictures I've seen of John on here, I think it would be difficult to find 90 pounds on him.

Oops, that's called "skinny-bashing" now, isn't it?  Better mind my P's & Q's (AND contain my jealousy).

I believe the correct term is "slender"!   :laugh:

I'll contain my jealousy too!  ;D   doncha just love weight and all the different ways we can describe it?  ::)

I once saw a Margaret Cho routine on TV and she made the following comments:

"A reviewer saw my show and said "Funny, sexy, zaftig Margaret Cho..." What is "zaftig?" Isn't that German for "big fat pig?" I guess I was lucky- "zaftig" is kind of a nice word. It could have been, "Funny, sexy, OBESE Margaret Cho."

Chuck, have you already downloaded Madonna's new one?  If not, try here:

http://perezhilton.com/2012-03-06-new-madonna-music-leaks-preview-im-addicted-here

Hope it works for you.

I'll check the link out tonight, thanks!  I probably won't downloand the song though!  The CD (MDNA) will be released on March 27th (I think) so I'll get it then.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10754 on: March 07, 2012, 01:07:10 pm »
I once saw a Margaret Cho routine on TV and she made the following comments:

"A reviewer saw my show and said "Funny, sexy, zaftig Margaret Cho..." What is "zaftig?" Isn't that German for "big fat pig?" I guess I was lucky- "zaftig" is kind of a nice word. It could have been, "Funny, sexy, OBESE Margaret Cho."

Interesting that she said German instead of Yiddish:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zaftig
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10755 on: March 07, 2012, 04:44:47 pm »
I didn't know Janice worked for you? Does she telecommute? I gotta go blow up some balloons. Where the hell is Nina?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10756 on: March 08, 2012, 09:14:38 am »

That is currently what I'm listening to right now, one of my RMs has asked me to print out a whole bunch of reports, two of them over 400 pages each.  I'm praying the machine doesn't jam in the middle.  So much for becoming a paperless society!

:laugh:

Today is International Women's Day!  A day to celebrate women’s achievements throughout history and across nations. It is also known as the United Nations (UN) Day for Women’s Rights and International Peace.

Now go fix me some breakfast!

:laugh:

Interesting that she said German instead of Yiddish:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zaftig

It's all Greek to me!   ;D  I guess she just made a mistake......It sounds like a German word.

I didn't know Janice worked for you? Does she telecommute? I gotta go blow up some balloons. Where the hell is Nina?

I work with no Brokies, so it's not our Janice, although that would be nice if it was.  ;D   Now why you need balloons?  As for where Nina is, I don't know, but I'm sure Nena is in Germany somewhere.

;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10757 on: March 08, 2012, 09:58:29 am »
It's all Greek to me!   ;D  I guess she just made a mistake......It sounds like a German word.

Re: Margaret Cho and zaftig:

Conceivably she didn't want to say Yiddish for fear it would sound anti-Semitic. I don't know what came first, Yiddish as the name for the language, or Yid as a slur for a Jewish person.

But in any case this is sort of a personal issue with me. Yiddish has given English a lot of wonderful, funny, expressive words, but Yiddish is not a dialect or version of Hebrew. It developed in the Middle Ages as a dialect of Middle High German. A lot of the letter combinations that make Yiddish words sound so wonderfully expressive (for example, the sch in schmuck) come from German. So, yes, indeed, zaftig does sound like a German word.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

« Reply #10758 on: March 08, 2012, 12:58:06 pm »
I thought some German speaker would comment first. Saftig is German for juicy.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10759 on: March 08, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »
Re: Margaret Cho and zaftig:

Conceivably she didn't want to say Yiddish for fear it would sound anti-Semitic. I don't know what came first, Yiddish as the name for the language, or Yid as a slur for a Jewish person.

But in any case this is sort of a personal issue with me. Yiddish has given English a lot of wonderful, funny, expressive words, but Yiddish is not a dialect or version of Hebrew. It developed in the Middle Ages as a dialect of Middle High German. A lot of the letter combinations that make Yiddish words sound so wonderfully expressive (for example, the sch in schmuck) come from German. So, yes, indeed, zaftig does sound like a German word.

The word Yid is Yiddish for Jew. It's not a slur, it's just a word for a Jewish person.

I don't know whether Yiddish was considered a dialect of German from the beginning, but today it isn't. It's a mixture of Middle Age German, Hebrew and various Slavic languages that has developed into a language of it's own. The grammar is different form German, and it's written with Hebrew letters.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre