Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9050194 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10800 on: March 22, 2012, 05:00:27 pm »

You know Chuck, I don't really care for fig newtons either.. Too gummy, and dry.  Not a favorite for sure..
Truth is, I don't care much for bought cookies, at all.  Oreos, and Schoolboys,, are about it.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10801 on: March 23, 2012, 09:32:58 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

*sings*  I'm in the money, I'm in the money!  I've got a lot of what it takes to get around!

:laugh:

Ok, it's already spent (car isurance, phone bill, rent, other expenses) but hot damn, it looks nice in my account now!

It's actually not all spent, and I was able to sock away a nice part of it into my money market, so I'm all good!

And here I had the impression that your goal is to give your future husband a less rounded husband!!  :laugh:

::)

There's some profound morals hidden in this message...  ::) :laugh:

Well check you out, being all profound during the workday!

Yes, but they might beam you up somewhere and then not beam you back.  8)

I'm not worried about them!  They'd beam me back after a while, they'd get tired of me.  lol

You know Chuck, I don't really care for fig newtons either.. Too gummy, and dry.  Not a favorite for sure..  Truth is, I don't care much for bought cookies, at all.  Oreos, and Schoolboys,, are about it.

I agree with you Janice.  When I want cookies, I'll go to a store that has a bakery in it, and get some of their fresh-made cookies.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10802 on: March 23, 2012, 07:22:29 pm »
money market?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10803 on: March 23, 2012, 08:09:32 pm »
I love fig Newtons! Kelda a money market is a bank account that pays a bit higher interest but you have less access to it
 I've never had one. I spend all my money on fig newtons. ::)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10804 on: March 24, 2012, 02:09:20 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

*waves - looks at clock*

Damn, I'm late today!!!

I decided to be "the good son" today.  I woke up and mom & dad had gone out, and mom had left a wash in the washer.  I took it out and hung it outside to dry since it's such a warm, sunny day here.  While that was drying, I did a complete clean of the kitchen, washed all the countertops, swept and mopped the floor, put everything in its place.  I opened the windows to air out the place, and washed the placemats/rugs in the bathroom as they were looking a little grungy.

I even cleaned out the cat's bowls, and then lit some of mom's vanilla scented candles.

Moms reaction?    "Well thank you..................what do you want?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm still on my "money high" from yesterday.  It was such a good feeling to get my bills paid early (especially the car insurance) and still have enough to toss into my money market which is getting used for my year-end goal to move into my own place.   

;D

money market?

I love fig Newtons! Kelda a money market is a bank account that pays a bit higher interest but you have less access to it.  I've never had one. I spend all my money on fig newtons. ::)

Big Brother Truman!  You spend-thrift!!!  You spent it all on fig newtons?  Damn!  You could've at least got some chocolate chip cookies too!  damn! 

Kelda, like Truman said, a Money Market is a type of Savings account, but has different interest and rules.   Here is a brief run down.

Checking Account:  These types of accounts tend to be 100% liquid, meaning there is no minimum balance requirement (although some can have that) and you have no limit to the amount of widthdrawals that you make to the account.  Sometimes they have no interest that is earned, or there is a very low interest rate.

Savings Account:  These types of accounts have no restrictions on deposits, however, they can restrict the amout of withdrawals that you can make during a month.  Many banks will tell you that you should have no more than 6 widthdrawals a month from this type of account, and that will often include 3 electronic withdrawals (ATM Card, or auto-debit).  Many of these accounts may have a minimum balance requirement (say, at least $100.00 must always be in the account) and will earn interest, but not a large rate.  My Savings Account with my bank gets a rate of 0.60% APY (annual percentage yield)

Money Market:  These types of accounts typically have a relatively high rate of interest and require a higher minimum balance (anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000 to $25,000) to earn interest or avoid monthly fees.   Like the savings accounts above, you should have no more than 6 widthdrawals a month from this type of account, and that will often include 3 electronic withdrawals (ATM Card, or auto-debit).   Some money markets can get 2.00% or 3.00% APY.  I don't have my statement handy, and I can't recall what my rate is on my MM.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10805 on: March 24, 2012, 03:53:22 pm »
All this chatter about Fig Newtons is starting to give me a craving for them.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10806 on: March 24, 2012, 04:18:40 pm »
Ah okay, Money Markets are like our ISAs. Well done chuckie in being very good to your Mummy and with your Money!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10807 on: March 24, 2012, 07:21:04 pm »
Chuck, weren't you talking about buying a new notebook, or netbook, or something, that you could travel with?  Is that still on the shopping list?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10808 on: March 24, 2012, 10:13:51 pm »
All this chatter about Fig Newtons is starting to give me a craving for them.

Ah okay, Money Markets are like our ISAs. Well done chuckie in being very good to your Mummy and with your Money!

lmao! Thanks darlin'!  Well, as I've said before, I have a big move coming up in the future, and I'll need to save.  In fact, things may have taken an interesting turn....more below.

Chuck, weren't you talking about buying a new notebook, or netbook, or something, that you could travel with?  Is that still on the shopping list?

I was thinking about getting a laptop computer, which I will need when I move to my own place, and now things may have taken an interesting turn.

I was talking with my mother and younger brother about my upcoming move, and how I was planning on renting instead of owning my own place.  I didn't think that I could afford a condo or townhouse or things like that.  My mother thought differently, and told me to be open-minded and look into it.

For shits and giggles, I went to google maps and looked into surrounding areas by my job, which is a bit "ritzy" and see what was out there.  I found a place that is actually closer to my job than my current address.  I found a few condos there that are set at $50,000.00 for a one bedroom, full bath.  With a 20% downpayment, and a 30 year mortgage, and my yearly taxes figured it, the monthly payment would be roughly the same as a rent for the apartments in the area I'm at now.

I'll have some thinking to do on this.  LOL

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10809 on: March 24, 2012, 10:33:42 pm »
I was talking with my mother and younger brother about my upcoming move, and how I was planning on renting instead of owning my own place.  I didn't think that I could afford a condo or townhouse or things like that.  My mother thought differently, and told me to be open-minded and look into it.

For shits and giggles, I went to google maps and looked into surrounding areas by my job, which is a bit "ritzy" and see what was out there.  I found a place that is actually closer to my job than my current address.  I found a few condos there that are set at $50,000.00 for a one bedroom, full bath.  With a 20% downpayment, and a 30 year mortgage, and my yearly taxes figured it, the monthly payment would be roughly the same as a rent for the apartments in the area I'm at now.

I'll have some thinking to do on this.  LOL

I agree with your mother. When you look into a condo, you will, of course, ask what the monthly fee is, and what you get for that fee (example: in my building we get gas for heat and cooking, hot water, a sort-of basic cable service, trash removal, and some maintenance included in the monthly fee, which also covers insurance on the "common areas"). But also remember to ask when was the last time the fee increased, and when was the last time there was a "special assessment," if any. Also ask about the condo association's cash reserves.

Oh, yeah, thanks for the Fig Newtons.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.