Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9039124 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10810 on: March 25, 2012, 05:25:29 pm »
Definitely sensible to buy if you can! Exciting!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10811 on: March 26, 2012, 07:37:35 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Oh boy!  Today's the day!!!!

Madonna's "MDNA" cd drops in stores today, and I'll be going out to buy my copy!!!  ;D

The CDs first single was "Give Me All Your Luvin'", which she performed at the Superbowl.  It ended up being her 38th Top 10 hit, and her 41st #1 dance single.

;D

One of my friends just got his I-Tunes copy of "MDNA" and posted his own review on Facebook.  He's been BLASTING Madonna since her superbowl performance, talking about how much the CD is gonna suck, because he absoluted HATED the first two singles.

"I guess itunes released MADONNA'S new album a day early cos i just bought it. All I can say is, WOW!!!! Totally not what I expected. This woman is brilliant. Whoever told her it was ok to release "Girl Gone Wild" and the Superbowl song as the first singles, should be fired. The rest of this album is SIIIIICK!!! Hot freakin songs. If your one of those people that says they "hate Madonna", but like modern dance music, get this album. Or at least download GANG BANG, LOVE SPENT, SOME GIRLS, BEAUTIFUL KILLER and I DONT GIVE A... Absolutely insane, I love Madonna but I never thought she would put out a cd like this."

At one point today I'm gonna have to sneak away from the office to a local FYE to get my copy!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10812 on: March 26, 2012, 11:39:08 am »
Happy for you, Chuck!  I can't even remember the last time I was *that* excited about new music coming out.  Or a book.  Or a movie, for that matter.  Your enthusiasm is intoxicating.  We'll be waiting your personal review.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10813 on: March 28, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »

Today's the last Wednesday I have off, next week it's back to a 5 day work week.  Oh well!

Good news from bowling last night!  Each week they do a lottery where a number is drawn.  If your score from your first game matches that number, you win the money collected for the lottery.  No one has won the past two weeks, and last night my score matched. 

;D

I won $210.00! 

The new Madonna CD is off the chain!!!  I love it, I've been playing it over and over.  My fave tracks are "Girl Gone Wild", "Give Me All Your Luv'", "I Don't Give A", "Masterpiece".

Most of the songs are hard core dance tracks, but "Masterpiece" (my favorite) is a slow tempo, almost ballad like.  Here's a clip, check it out and let me know what you think.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZePtE99OeYU[/youtube]

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10814 on: March 29, 2012, 08:41:10 am »

That pic is in honor of my computer at home, which I think is ready to be replaced.   :laugh:   I tried to use it this morning, and it was going ok for a while, and then it started to make some loud noises and froze up for about 20 minutes.

Of course, the machine is rather old, I want to say about 10 years old.   :laugh:

It's the family computer, so I won't need to go on the cost alone, the entire family will be pitching in.  My plan is to go home tonight and make sure everything is backed up (we have an external hard drive) and then if need be, go shopping for a new computer this weekend.

I was waken up today at 4:00am by some kind of screeching animals outside....I have no idea what they were, it was too dark to see, but when I looked out the window, I saw three animals that looked like dogs running down the center of the street, making some crazy ass noises, and then they went around the corner, got really loud, and then ran back up the street.  I think they may have been foxes.

Everything else is status quo over here!  What's up with all of you?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:50:35 am by CellarDweller »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10815 on: March 29, 2012, 09:46:37 am »
That pic is in honor of my computer at home, which I think is ready to be replaced.   :laugh:   I tried to use it this morning, and it was going ok for a while, and then it started to make some loud noises and froze up for about 20 minutes.

Of course, the machine is rather old, I want to say about 10 years old.   :laugh:

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a decade-old PC.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10816 on: March 29, 2012, 10:48:25 am »
Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with a decade-old PC.  :-\

LOL

My family and I don't go for a lot of bells and whistles, so there's no need to constantly update.   It was (until recently) working fine, so we saw no need to replace it.

This weekend may be the weekend.  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10817 on: March 29, 2012, 12:21:04 pm »
My family and I don't go for a lot of bells and whistles, so there's no need to constantly update.   It was (until recently) working fine, so we saw no need to replace it.

That's pretty much my situation. But I think mine may be "underpowered" for today's Internet. For example, if I click on a link in a Bettermost post, say, to connect to a Youtube video, mine will usually freeze up. In general, it's slow for dealing with web sites--but I don't know enough to know for sure whether the problem is my "antique" PC or my DSL connection, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were some of both.

In any case, I dread replacing it and having to get all my files and software from the old PC into a new one.

Good luck!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10818 on: March 29, 2012, 01:51:40 pm »

I was waken up today at 4:00am by some kind of screeching animals outside....I have no idea what they were, it was too dark to see, but when I looked out the window, I saw three animals that looked like dogs running down the center of the street, making some crazy ass noises, and then they went around the corner, got really loud, and then ran back up the street.  I think they may have been foxes.

I'm sure they were werewolves.   8)

Make sure to keep garlic in the house to protect yourselves. Werewolves are nasty.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10819 on: March 29, 2012, 02:21:09 pm »
OMG Chuck, I hope you all have the doors locked.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."