Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9040490 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10850 on: April 05, 2012, 10:16:43 pm »

We are trying with all that is in us to keep the separation of Religion and Government.  If we all tried to get all the holy
holidays off.  That would just be another chink in the program.  Plus if we had the days that the protestants observe off.
We would then be obliged to allow the same right to all other religions.  That little thing called equality, you know.  So in
my opinion, its best we don't make them a legal holiday..

Beautiful mind

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10851 on: April 06, 2012, 01:43:04 am »
Why then is Christmas day a holiday?

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10852 on: April 06, 2012, 05:56:49 am »
Why then is Christmas day a holiday?

Over here Christmas is more of a secular holiday.  We see way more Santa's, Frosties, and things like that than we do Nativity scenes.

Most of our holidays are not religious based at all.

January 1st (New Year's Day)
January 15th (or 3rd Monday in January -Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
February 21st (or 3rd Monday in February - President's Day To honor George Washington & Abe Lincoln)
May 31st (or last Monday in May - Memorial Day - to honor those we lost during war)
July 4th (Independence Day - When USA became an independent nation)
August (last Monday in August - Labor Day - Honor the American worker)
October 21st (or 3rd Monday in October - Columbus Day - to honor the man who "discovered" America)
November 11th (Veteran's Day - to honor those who served in our military)
November 24th (or the 3rd Thursday in November - Thanksgiving Day - to honor the original settlers of American colonies)
December 25th (Christmas Day - celebrate the birth of Christ for those who follow Christianity, for those who don't, to celebrate the arrival of Santa)

One must remember that this country was predominantly Christian, so that is why we close everything for Christmas.  If that was tried to be reversed now, there would be a bit of an outcry.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10853 on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:29 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Wouldn't it be nice to really have one of those?   :laugh:

Well, I may not have a money tree, but today is pay day!  ;D  I got to work early, spent an hour doing my budget stuff, and now all my bills are paid, my juggling is done, and my pocket money is in my pocket.

;D

Who has good plans for Passover/Easter?  My family is getting together at mom & dad's place, and doing a later lunch then.  Mom has decided not to cook, and will be getting an assortment of food from the local Italian place around the corner, which I equate with a Chinese family ordering dinner from "Asian Palace".

My personal ad on the dating website seems to gave gotten more attention lately, but from guys on the west coast, which I don't understand.  My ad plainly says "NJ" and that I'm looking for guys "within 50 miles" of my zip code.  Either I have a flashing sign above my head that says "Will travel for sex",  or I attract morons who don't know how to measure distance.

:laugh:

On the diet/weight loss subject, I've lost another pound. 

2 pounds away from goal of 15 pounds in the 46 days of Lent.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10854 on: April 06, 2012, 09:58:36 am »
My personal ad on the dating website seems to gave gotten more attention lately, but from guys on the west coast, which I don't understand.  My ad plainly says "NJ" and that I'm looking for guys "within 50 miles" of my zip code.  Either I have a flashing sign above my head that says "Will travel for sex",  or I attract morons who don't know how to measure distance.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10855 on: April 06, 2012, 12:36:11 pm »
Well have a good time, whatever you do.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #10856 on: April 06, 2012, 05:01:44 pm »

Maybe they found out that you were in the market for a house.  They may have decided the could talk you into moving or ask them to move to your neck of the woods.?

::).

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10857 on: April 08, 2012, 10:42:51 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

I hope that you all are having a great holiday season, no matter what holiay you are celebrating!

It's almost 11:00 here, at 11:00 I'll step away from my computer and do a workout before lunch.

On the diet/weight loss subject, I've lost two more pounds. 

I officially hit my goal for Lent, 15 pounds in the 46 days.  ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10858 on: April 08, 2012, 02:07:13 pm »
I officially hit my goal for Lent, 15 pounds in the 46 days.  ;D

You did it, Chuckie! Congratulations!
Did you manage to stick completely to the no meat, no sodas resolution?

The only leftover from lent in my family is that we don't eat meat (or ham, bacon, Wurst, anything that contains meat) on Good Friday. That's how I was raised, and that's how we do it now.

Classic meals on Good Friday are either fish with potatoes or potatoes, spinach and fried egg.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10859 on: April 08, 2012, 06:40:13 pm »
Ooooof!   I was feeling soooo bloated before!  I didn't even eat all that much, but I think after not having pasta and red meat for 46 days, my stomach was not ready for it to be back.

On top of that, my sister-in-law made some macaroni & cheese for lunch, and it was sooooo thick, it was sitting in my stomach like a brick!!!!

I ate almost no breakfast, and will not eat dinner, and will be working out in abour an hour, for an hour.  That should help burn some of this off.

Did you manage to stick completely to the no meat, no sodas resolution?

Yes, I stuck to it, and I don't miss the soda much at all.  I'm thinking I may stay away from it all together, and maybe have red meat occasionally.