Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9008507 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11110 on: June 20, 2012, 12:56:41 pm »
Bork Chuckie!

Sorry you're so stressed out at work.   >:(

But - you never know - maybe something will cheer you up one of these days.   ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11111 on: June 20, 2012, 06:05:12 pm »
However, on the 4th time he asked I replied "The answer isn't any different from the last three times you asked this in the past 10 minutes."

:laugh:   ::)

Well, I hope he doesn't get dangerous.

Good luck to you, Chuck, in getting through this end-of-the-half-year crush.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11112 on: June 21, 2012, 07:57:55 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Holy Hell!!  It was hot here yesterday, almost to 100 degrees, and we'll have the same weather today.  Yuck.  Thankfully, the air conditioner is working in the building, but I'd love to see the power go out for a bit....just sit here in the dark and do nothing and get paid for it.

:laugh:

One of the guys I work with drove me crazy yesterday.  I'll try to keep it brief.   :laugh:

We're currently working on a renewal and the original appraisal for the property used as collateral for the loan is 8 years old.  The RM on the account (Dennis) wanted this appraisal evaluated, to determine it was still good.

I completed an Appraisal Request Form, checked the box that says "evaluation", and sent it via email to the proper department.  Not much later, Dennis shouts to me from his cube:

Dennis:  "Chuck, why am I getting an email about an appraisal for "X"?  I didn't want a new appraisal.

Chuck:  "the form we use is a generic form called an Appraisal Request Form, but I checked "evaluation".

*pause*

Dennis:  "Ok, but why did she send an email titled "appraisal request"?

Chuck:  "because she titled the email after the title of the form, Appraisal Request Form."

*pause*

Dennis:  "But I didn't want a new appraisal on the property."

Chuck:  "I know.  the form we use is a generic form called an Appraisal Request Form, but I checked "evaluation". 

*Pause*

Dennis:  "Ok, but I didn't ask for an appraisal."

Chuck:  "Dennis, for the 4th time in 5 minutes, the form we use is a generic form called an Appraisal Request Form, but I checked "evaluation".  A new appraisal was not ordered.  If you want to ask a 5th time, go for it, but the answer won't change."

People are getting frazzled here now that the end of the renewal season is coming, and I have a very strong suspicion that a few of the lines will go past maturity and get "locked".  I just sent two documentation requests up yesterday afternoon.  It can generally take 3 - 4 days to get new docs.  That takes us to Tuesday June 26th.  We haven't been given any word yet on the "cut off" time to send up packages to Loan Ops to get them renewed, but that can also take up to 4 days, so I'm willing to bet they'll tell us the cut off date will be June 26th.  This means that if I get docs on the 26th, they need to get to the customer on the 26th, and then sent up to the Loan Ops area on the same day. 

NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

On top of that, I have three deals that haven't even been approved yet, so docs haven't even been requested yet.  I don't want to know what the customers are gonna do when they hear their lines are locked and funds can't be taken.  The only option the customers will have is to fully extend the lines, taking all the money out before 6/29,  and holding it in their checking accounts until the lines are renewed properly.  Of course, they'll be charged interest on the money they borrow.

However, before anyone thinks this is unfair, a lot of the delays are caused by the customers themselves.  When I gave Mandy my detailed description of what I do during renewal season, I had posted this as one of the steps:

I have to review their reporting requirements as stated in their loan documents.  I need to make sure they've submitted their current taxes, financial statements, and any other financial reports they need to submit.

That step above is part of the approval processes, and we can't move forward until we get these from the customers.  If there is any delay, it holds me up from doing what I need to do to get to the other steps.  A lot of times, the customers are very late in getting this to us.  Tax day is April 15th.  There are times we don't get financial stuff from the clients until June 15, a full two months after the fact.  Thankfully, we have a few customers who get their stuff done promptly, and send us their financial stuff as early as the beginning of May.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #11113 on: June 21, 2012, 09:02:30 am »
Oh, dear {{{Chucky}}}, what a frazzled mess you're going through.  I give people three strikes at stupidity, and then they're out, but of course that isn't an option in the workplace.  I can understand much better, your frustration since you explained it all step-by-step to me/us.  Seems like there ought to be a better way, one that wouldn't put so many gray hairs on every employee's head.  Can other employees from other departments be cross-trained, and then borrowed for the month of June?  Ridiculous to have to go through this much stress and pressure every year.

At least, have you figured out a pleasant way to de-stress and forget about your work troubles at night?  Please take good care and pamper yourself at every chance.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #11114 on: June 21, 2012, 12:20:09 pm »
Just saw this article on Huffington Post, with stress-busting tips:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sonia-choquette/stress-relief_b_1606043.html

Think I like this one best.  Why don't ya give it a go...

•Anytime you feel overwhelmed by stress, bend your knees and wiggle them back and forth as fast as possible for 10 seconds, and then squeeze your buttocks cheeks together while letting out a very loud and resounding "AAAAHHHHHHH!" as though screaming all the stress right out of your body. Then relax. It not only relieves you of the stress consuming your every cell but also makes you and anyone around you laugh out loud.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11115 on: June 21, 2012, 01:31:10 pm »
•Anytime you feel overwhelmed by stress, bend your knees and wiggle them back and forth as fast as possible for 10 seconds, and then squeeze your buttocks cheeks together while letting out a very loud and resounding "AAAAHHHHHHH!" as though screaming all the stress right out of your body. Then relax.

And hope your boss doesn't walk by just then. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11116 on: June 21, 2012, 07:23:13 pm »

I can only imagine what someone walking by would think you had been up to with that one.    :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11117 on: June 22, 2012, 05:35:50 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11118 on: June 22, 2012, 05:37:05 am »

;D :-*

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11119 on: June 22, 2012, 05:54:04 am »
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^

:laugh: :laugh: :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre