Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9007969 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11170 on: July 13, 2012, 08:56:33 pm »
Hey Chuck, I know the feeling, it seems to go out faster than its comes in :)
Steve

You can say that again, Steve!  Sometimes I feel like I need to work 80 hours, but I'd NEVER do that!  LOL    :laugh:  I refuse to be one of those people who give up their life for work.

Mine comes in one hand and out the other.
we are having a heat wave.....temperatures up to to 70!
Hope you have a restfull weekend.....I work tomorrow but plan to sit on my sundeck and read on Sunday!
Wine in hand, of course.
 8)

Oh, that sounds good!  I'm not a wine drinker, I'd do the same with some beer, or maybe a Mike's Hard Lime.  ;D 

BTW, I am HATING you and your temps!  Next week we're expected to be in a heat wave of over 90 for a few days.  Ugh.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11171 on: July 16, 2012, 07:41:38 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Good morning BetterMost friends!

I'm all alone in the office, and I searched "alone" and that was one of the images that popped up, so it's here today.

I won't be alone for long, other coworkers will be here shortly, but I'm enjoying the silence while it's here.

:laugh:

I suspect it will be a hectic week for me, my coworker is out until Thursday, so all the work will fall to me.

Nothing I can't handle.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11172 on: July 17, 2012, 08:04:03 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

That's what I feel like on my blog lately!  Where is everyone?  Helllllloooooooooo.......*sniffs*  I did shower, really!

Another quiet morning at work, so I'm happy about that.  I hope to get some filing done today, if today doesn't go to crap like yesterday did.

The commercial area normally will have about 60 accounts that are overdrawn.  Yesterday there was over 350!  :o  Apparently a department that handles analysis fees decided to charge everyone TWICE for their monthly June bill, which caused more than a few ODs.

::)

Anyway....on to other stuff.  Friday the bowlers are going out to play some mini-golf and then to dinner, that should be fun!

Oh, and i'm sure you remember I discussed I had baked cupcakes for my friends' BBQ on the 7th.  I got a message from her the other day saying she has a church social to go to, and everyone is asked to bring something.  She was willing to pay me $20.00 to bake a dozen cupcakes, seeing as everyone loved my cupcakes at the BBQ.  She needs them for the 29th.  I told her I was very flattered, but I'll be out of town that weekend, so I have no time to bake.  I'll be in Maryland from the 27th through the 29th, visiting Paula, the daughter-in-law of Jackie (Painted Shoes).

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11173 on: July 17, 2012, 11:58:15 am »
Apparently a department that handles analysis fees decided to charge everyone TWICE for their monthly June bill, which caused more than a few ODs.

Seems a rather drastic measure for someone to take over a little financial hiccup.   :o
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11174 on: July 17, 2012, 04:31:20 pm »
she has a church social to go to,

with the fire and brimstone crowd???   :o

or will she smarten up because she thinks it'd be nice?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11175 on: July 18, 2012, 07:52:12 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup!  Disgusting!  It's supposed to be near 100 today, it was 81 when I left the house at almost 7am.  Bleh!!!

I hate the heat and humidity, and I'll be very happy when October comes around again!  LOL

My friend Wayne from London saw the Madonna show yesterday, said it was fantastic!  Makes me even more psyched for the Yankee Stadium show in September!  ;D

Seems a rather drastic measure for someone to take over a little financial hiccup.   :o

Ugh!  Mandy, it was a mess, and the department that charged everyone twice had to reverse not only the second fee charged in error, they also had to refund all the OD fees that were charged.

On a related note, the coworker who has the same position I do will be back to work tomorrow, so things will be back to normal.  I expected it to be busier than it was, so I'm pleasantly surprised at how calm it has been.  Now watch the shit hit the fan today!

with the fire and brimstone crowd???   :o

or will she smarten up because she thinks it'd be nice?

This church is no fire & brimstone crowd.  LOL  They're open and affirming and welcome anyone.  They also have a large gay pride flag outside.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11176 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:11 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh, it feels sooooo much better now!

I left the office and got to the gym yesterday at 4:15, and the time/temp guage said it was 100 degrees.

At 4:30 the heavens opened and we had massive storms.....loud thunder and lightning, heavy downpours.  By 4:45 the temp was reading as 77 degrees.

Today its about 80 or so, and not expected to go much higher.

I've spent this entire week dealing with statement issues.

It seems that the new system we've switched to doesn't pull the statements promptly, and there was a delay with them getting out to our clients.  Considering it's the 19th of July, customers should've had their June statements some time ago.

A new wrinkle added to it all is that the new system doesn't compile the statement from month end, but by the last business day of the month, which is causing our customers issues because they can't reconcile everything.

The old system would've compiled the entire month of June, right up to June 30th, when interest is credited to the accounts.  The new system compiled the statement to the last business day, June 29th (Friday).  However, interest didn't post until June 30th, to technically the statements are incomplete.  When the July statement comes, it will start with June 30th.

I don't know who thought this would work, but it's awful dumb to think this would satisfy clients.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11177 on: July 19, 2012, 06:32:10 pm »
You have firemen and policemen come to your workplace.......I have you beat.
As it's hot outside (70 or 72), we have the front and side doors open to the shop.
I caught movement out of the corner of my eye by the side door and thought it wasn't a dog
and then a black bear walked by the front door and windows! :o
He looked about 2yrs old.......our shop is located downtown so it was a surprise.
My whippet comes to work with me and he didn't notice, thank goodness.
Made my day! :laugh:

Offline jackofalltrades

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11178 on: July 20, 2012, 12:19:53 am »
Chuck,

I'm new to this group and the whole genre of forums (yes I'm a Luddite!). Hope this isn't a breach of etiquette or continuity, but I'm curious about the truck in your first photo. For those of us who have come in late, could you tell us about it? Is it the actual truck that was used in BBM or did you replicate it? I've been involved with car casting for several movies here in Houston, so this is very interesting to me.
Maybe Texas?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11179 on: July 20, 2012, 03:22:54 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

So, is everyone ready for the weekend?   Sorry for the late appearance here, it was on the busy side, but I'm finally here.  I was trying to make sure all must stuff is done, as my supervisor is away for three weeks to visit family in Europe, and I will have to do a little extra work to cover for her.

I'm going out tonight with some of the guys/ladies from the bowling league.  We're supposed to go play mini-golf if the weather holds, but it's been rainy most of the day.  After mini-golf we're doing dinner.  If it's crappy out, we'll just meet for dinner.

You have firemen and policemen come to your workplace.......I have you beat.

As it's hot outside (70 or 72), we have the front and side doors open to the shop.  I caught movement out of the corner of my eye by the side door and thought it wasn't a dog and then a black bear walked by the front door and windows! :o  He looked about 2yrs old.......our shop is located downtown so it was a surprise.  My whippet comes to work with me and he didn't notice, thank goodness.

Made my day! :laugh:

Whoa!  That's crazy!  I had a run-in with a bear once.  It was on a campground, and it was passing on the other side of a trailer, I could see the big paws on the ground from under the trailer!  I was on a campground with everyone in tents.  Thankfully they all stayed in their tents.

Chuck,

I'm new to this group and the whole genre of forums (yes I'm a Luddite!). Hope this isn't a breach of etiquette or continuity, but I'm curious about the truck in your first photo. For those of us who have come in late, could you tell us about it? Is it the actual truck that was used in BBM or did you replicate it? I've been involved with car casting for several movies here in Houston, so this is very interesting to me.

Hello JoaT!  Nice to meet you.

The truck is not mine, it belongs to a member by the name of EDelMar, who I've had the pleasure of meeting at a number of the Brokie gatherings.  I've heard two stories, that the truck is a replica of the one in the movie, or that it is the actual one from the movie.  I believe that EDelMar has said it's the real deal.