Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9007962 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11200 on: July 30, 2012, 07:57:57 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

So, do peope just not know how to drive?   :laugh:

On my way to Maryland on Friday I passed three wrecks.  It didn't look like anyone was hurt.  Then over the weekend I came upon two more that were pretty bad, but again, no one seemed hurt.

Sunday on the way home I passed through a heavy downpour and thought "If people aren't careful they'll be a wreck" and suddenly the red pick-up truck in front of me slams on the brakes, and skids to the left almost hitting the highway divider.  Thankfully I keep a lot of room in between me and the car in front of me.  I see the car that was in front of the red pick-up at a full stop on the parkway.  As I change lanes to pass it, I see a motorcycle laying on its side in the road, the cyclist is standing trying to pick it up.   From what I could see, the cyclist lost control in the rain and fell over, the car behind him stopping in time to prevent hitting him.

Back at work today, and came in with no worrk sitting in my cube, so I guess all of my customers followed the rules and got everything to me before 2.  ;D  Weekend was a lot of fun, it was good to see friends again, but also good to be back in my own bed last night. 

Life's just a bowl of cherries for ya today, Chuck.  Yay!

Have a safe and fun trip to Maryland.  I'm hoping for a pic of a crabcake or two.
  :D

Yes, Friday was good, but I left my camera at home, so no pics of anything.  LOL

Fingers crossed I can catch up with you then!

that would be great, Kelda!   *fingers crossed*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11201 on: July 31, 2012, 08:23:17 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is well today.

I'm ok......a little sad given the date, but nothing I can't handle.  I've decided that for the rest of the week I would wear a black armband in memory of Rich.

work continues to be slow, and for that I am happy.  I got all my filing done last week, and now it's just a matter of keeping my cube clean for the next 2 weeks or so, so I can go to Indy without any issues.   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11202 on: July 31, 2012, 03:52:13 pm »
((Chuck))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11203 on: August 01, 2012, 08:10:42 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yes, that's what my commute was like today!  LOL  I'm not sure why, I didn't come up on any accidents or anything, and the radio never mentioned any issues, but there I was, just barely moving.

I hate mystery traffic!   :laugh:

Work continues to chug along, much slower now, thankfully!  Oh, it's August!  I must change the calendars!!

Oh, and how about this?  My cousins were in Wal Mart yesterday and saw displays for HALLOWEEN CANDY already! 

I have scratch off lottery tickets with me today, I buy a few every payday, but with this batch I left them in the car.  LOL  I'll scratch them today, I could be a winner and not know it!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11204 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:23 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well yesterday was a busy day, but nothing I couldn't handle.  ;D  I'm starting to feel on top of things after leaving here (work) and I'm starting to relax again.

Late appearance here today, as I had some stuff to catch up on, but now all is well in "Chuckie's Cube".   :laugh:

Oh, and before any of you can cast aspersions on me, I'm the chicken that is an efficient worker.  ;)

In just about two weeks I'll be in Indiana for the Brokie gathering!  It's a small one, but I don't care.  ;D  It will be nice to see Brokies again, and meet some new ones.

;D

So, don't leave me talking to myself here, how is everyone?

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11205 on: August 02, 2012, 04:11:57 pm »
 "It will be nice to see Brokies again"....huh???

Aren't you the one who saw brokies just this weekend, Chuck???   ::)

(I know.......never enough brokies, never enough)   8)

;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11206 on: August 02, 2012, 04:44:24 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh, and how about this?  My cousins were in Wal Mart yesterday and saw displays for HALLOWEEN CANDY already! 

That's just ordinary everyday candy, but you buy it thinking you'll save it until Halloween, and a few hours later, it's all gone!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11207 on: August 02, 2012, 10:08:16 pm »
That's just ordinary everyday candy, but you buy it thinking you'll save it until Halloween, and a few hours later, it's all gone!

I was in a Dollar Store yesterday, and they already had Halloween decorations available for sale. I overheard a couple of other shoppers commenting on that disapprovingly.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11208 on: August 03, 2012, 07:57:10 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yeah, a drink sounds really good right now, and it's not even 8:00am yet!   :laugh: :laugh:

Today may be a busy day, I have a new loan closing, $8million dollars, plus an additional $2.5million LOC as well.  Those numbers will help us reach our goal for the year.

;D

Other reports that I need done by today I managed to get done yesterday, so that's good, I think I just have some busy work and filing to do, that I can take care of after I ensure the closing goes smoothly.

"It will be nice to see Brokies again"....huh???

Aren't you the one who saw brokies just this weekend, Chuck???   ::)

(I know.......never enough brokies, never enough)   8)

If you know, then why did you say it?   ::) :laugh:   *runs from Sonja*

Well Lee, I can't argue with that, because I know I'd do the same thing!  LOL

I was in a Dollar Store yesterday, and they already had Halloween decorations available for sale. I overheard a couple of other shoppers commenting on that disapprovingly.

Yeah, I feel the same way......It seems this kind of stuff gets pushed on us earlier each year.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11209 on: August 06, 2012, 07:40:23 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I wanted a different image today, so I google image searched "cute cowboy" and this was the first pic that appeared.

;D

Hope that everyone had a great weekend!  Saturday was quiet and I was grateful for that.  Sunday I went out to dinner with friends to celebrate a birthday, we left the place at about 7:30, and the heavens opened on us!  LOL   By the time I got to my car I was soaked to the bone!

Fantastic lightning as well, I saw many bolts flash across the sky.

Tis is the last week that my supervisor is on vacation, so when next Monday comes around, I no longer have to cover for her or do her reports.

;D