Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9041381 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11430 on: November 25, 2012, 07:16:31 pm »
Thank you Chucky for the info.....but I dont care any more.....what I know now is that he is a dickhead for not wanting a second date with you........HIS LOSS!!!

:laugh:

Sue, I love you!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11431 on: November 25, 2012, 08:15:26 pm »
Anyway, we're sitting at dinner, and my sister-in-law's brother (who is a bit abrasive) mentions "it's nice to be able to eat and not have to worry about a guy who has to stick himself and schedule his meals."

What a stupid-ass thing to say.  >:(

He's your brother's wife's brother? What's he doing tagging along to his sister's in-laws for Thanksgiving anyway? Doesn't he have anyplace else he can be?

Oh, wait. If that comment is typical, then I suppose it's no wonder if he doesn't have anyplace else to be for Thanksgiving.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11432 on: November 25, 2012, 10:09:10 pm »
If I have followed Chuck's story correctly ( and I may be confused) this guy was at his sister's place.
All my family get togethers are at my sister's place as she is my closest relative. In fact she and her husband are my only relatives. There are 2nd cousins but I have not seen any of them in years.  I do not get on with my brother-in-law's sister (long long story) so my sister has them separately. However I was rather infatuated with her son (my brother-in-law's nephew) when we were young.  I did have dinner with him early this year.  I had not seen him for more than 20 years, He lived in Hong Kong and now lives in Prague with 3rd wife.  Oh he has aged (as have we all) ;D

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #11433 on: November 26, 2012, 04:43:38 am »
I suggest we change his name to Mr. Not-So-Classy.

You're right, Meryl. He's right up there together with LD and a few others.  >:(

"FAT BASTARD" sounds ok to me.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11434 on: November 26, 2012, 08:36:10 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I did.....despite the dose of family drama on Thanksgiving.  ::)   :laugh:  Oh well, what can you do?

Sue, I love you!!

We all love Sue!   ;D   As for Pete, he didn't send me any texts over the weekend, and for that I am thankful!  He was CONSTANTLY sending me texts, and I am not really a "text person".....I can find them annoying after a while.  To give you an example, I tend to keep in touch with Matthew (ZK here) through text, but when we text, it's usually no more than 6 -7 messages at a time, and maybe once a week or so.   Pete was sending me approximately 20 texts a day.   :o  If you have that much to say to me, CALL ME!  LOL

I was wondering if he was going to keep this up even after we decided to not date, thankfully that hasn't been the case!

What a stupid-ass thing to say.  >:(

He's your brother's wife's brother? What's he doing tagging along to his sister's in-laws for Thanksgiving anyway? Doesn't he have anyplace else he can be?

Oh, wait. If that comment is typical, then I suppose it's no wonder if he doesn't have anyplace else to be for Thanksgiving.  :-\

Well, Mr. Classy and my sister-in-law are not "in-laws" they are brother and sister, so that's why he was there.  As for not having someplace else to go, as I understand it, he is single, and their parents are dead, so he doesn't.

If I have followed Chuck's story correctly ( and I may be confused) this guy was at his sister's place.   All my family get togethers are at my sister's place as she is my closest relative. In fact she and her husband are my only relatives. There are 2nd cousins but I have not seen any of them in years.  I do not get on with my brother-in-law's sister (long long story) so my sister has them separately. However I was rather infatuated with her son (my brother-in-law's nephew) when we were young.  I did have dinner with him early this year.  I had not seen him for more than 20 years, He lived in Hong Kong and now lives in Prague with 3rd wife.  Oh he has aged (as have we all) ;D

Hello Brian,  Yes, you have the story right.  I'm glad your sister is able to host the get togethers, and doesn't invite the the people you are at odds with!

"FAT BASTARD" sounds ok to me.......

And she's at it again!   :laugh: :-*   I truly hope he one day finds someone, and gets some happiness in his life.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11435 on: November 26, 2012, 09:42:25 am »
Well, Mr. Classy and my sister-in-law are not "in-laws" they are brother and sister, so that's why he was there.  As for not having someplace else to go, as I understand it, he is single, and their parents are dead, so he doesn't.

I missed the part about you all being at your brother and sister-in-law's place. That makes more sense. I thought everyone was at your mom and dad's.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #11436 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:41 am »

Best Buy already got $109 out of me this early am.  Needed for the longest time, a Garmin Nuvi 50, and they had them at $99.99, down from $169.99 -- too good to resist.  First and last Christmas shopping I'll do for myself this year.  Will feel much safer in my car on my long road trips with this in hand.  Picking it up at local store tonight.  Hopefully lines just for pick-up won't be too crazy.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:04:57 am by CellarDweller »
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #11437 on: November 26, 2012, 04:07:12 pm »
I know we might be a little bit behind the times over here in Oz....but what is a Garmin Nuvi 50 ?
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11438 on: November 26, 2012, 06:16:02 pm »
Hiya Sue, I believe the Garmin is one of those GPS things that gives you directions when you drive.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #11439 on: November 26, 2012, 07:28:43 pm »
Correct.  But not NEARLY as fun as Chucky's TomTom with the Bart Simpson voice.  I just wasn't cool enough to purchase one of those instead.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...