Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9032752 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12050 on: June 05, 2013, 09:00:58 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Wednesday!

Well,  I'm not happy.

I had an uninvited guest to my apartment.

>:(

That makes the 3rd hornet that has managed to find its way into my place.  The only connection I can think of is when I open the window to let fresh air in, they find their way in.  There are no holes in the screens, but there is an entrance somewhere, and a nest, most likely.

The hornet was about as big as my thumb, and I've sent that picture to the maintenance department of my complex.  Hopefully, that will help.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12051 on: June 05, 2013, 10:32:21 am »
With three hornets in a short time, I agree that probably there's a nest somewhere near. Since hornets are not all that harmless, I think it might be in order to relocate or destroy it. Fire department or an exterminator should be the people to call. However, I have no idea how long you have to wait for the apt management to move before you can call them yourself and still have the managemant paying.
Good luck!

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12052 on: June 05, 2013, 10:47:16 am »
I'd have moved out after the FIRST one.  Terrified of bees of all kinds.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12053 on: June 05, 2013, 01:43:54 pm »
Good luck with the hornet situation, Chuck.

I think if the management didn't do something right away, I'd call an exterminator myself and worry about the cost later.

You still have an awfully nice apartment, you don't want something like this to spoil it.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12054 on: June 05, 2013, 04:22:08 pm »
Hey Chuck.....try spraying the screen and window with some good insect repellent surface spray....that might fend of your uninvited guests......

Good luck mate....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12055 on: June 05, 2013, 04:29:43 pm »

Show them your bathroom. That'll scare the shit out of them, and they'll run fly home and warn their buds!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12056 on: June 06, 2013, 08:24:11 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, busy season is upon us here at the bank!  Hopefully things will calm down by mid-July, like it usually does, but sometimes can extend to August.  Ugh!

With three hornets in a short time, I agree that probably there's a nest somewhere near. Since hornets are not all that harmless, I think it might be in order to relocate or destroy it. Fire department or an exterminator should be the people to call. However, I have no idea how long you have to wait for the apt management to move before you can call them yourself and still have the managemant paying.

Good luck!

Well, I walked around the perimeter of the building last night, and didn't see any nests, nor were there any hornets flying around that I could see.

I'd have moved out after the FIRST one.  Terrified of bees of all kinds.

I wasn't giving up my apartment that easily.   :laugh:

Good luck with the hornet situation, Chuck.

I think if the management didn't do something right away, I'd call an exterminator myself and worry about the cost later.

You still have an awfully nice apartment, you don't want something like this to spoil it.

The superintendent showed up while I was at work.  He said he walked around the roof and found no nests.  He did spray around the windows, and the air conditioning vents.  He also said the drains have a lot of leaves in them, so he's calling someone to clean them out.

Hey Chuck.....try spraying the screen and window with some good insect repellent surface spray....that might fend of your uninvited guests......

Good luck mate....

Well, the super sprayed, but I did go get some wasp/hornet killer and I may spray it around.  I know the super was there because he took the bag with the hornet in it.

Show them your bathroom. That'll scare the shit out of them, and they'll run fly home and warn their buds!

::)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12057 on: June 06, 2013, 08:26:08 am »

bumped up, because I promised someone I would.   :laugh:

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #12058 on: June 06, 2013, 09:05:41 am »

bumped up, because I promised someone I would.   :laugh:

Yeah, baby!  BTW, NPH is hosting the Tony Awards on Sunday!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12059 on: June 07, 2013, 08:44:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, it's raining pretty hard over here in NJ today, and it's supposed to do so through Saturday as well.

What are everyone's plans for the weekened?  I have two birthday parties to go to, one tonight and one tomorrow.

Today is National Donut day!  I have three boxes of Entermann's donuts with me, and I put them out for everyone to share.