Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9007769 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12130 on: June 26, 2013, 07:56:29 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone on this happy hump day?

Does anyone (besides Debbie) have good plans for the weekend?   At the moment, I don't think I have anything going on!  A quiet weekend for a change!  How about that?

Oh, and next week on Thursday it's a national holiday, so a day off!  Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12131 on: June 26, 2013, 06:43:38 pm »
Evening!

;D

Got home and may have "solved" my yellow jacket/hornet/wasp issue.  One of the issues is it can't be determined where they are getting in.  I went to a hardware store, and got screen material, and I duct taped them over the air conditioning vents.  If I find one of the critters inside the screen, they I know they're getting in that way.  If one gets in, it found another way in.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:12:36 am by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12132 on: June 26, 2013, 07:53:13 pm »
Apparently I spoke too soon, as I just killed two more wasps inside my place.

>:(

Truth be told, I put the screens up after work, (about 5) and I left for work at 7 this morning, so they could've come in during the work day.

exterminator is coming tomorrow while I'm at work, the super will be here to let them in.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12133 on: June 27, 2013, 02:17:29 am »
Good luck with the insects, Chuck!

Coming Saturday will be our annual cherry day, where we pick the cherries from our tree and make jam of them. It's always a lot of work, and I always dread the day. But it's also a family thing, with everybody helping, so it's also fun. And I love the jam we're getting from it! :)

We have an American exchange student living with us for the next two weeks, so we plan to have a daytrip to France on Sunday.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12134 on: June 27, 2013, 08:27:52 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, at one point today the exterminator and the super will be in my place, doing whatever they need to do to get these damn stinging insects out of my place.

:laugh:

I left the two I killed last night in a Ziploc back for them to find, with a note.  We'll see what happens at this point.

I feel like pizza tonight for dinner, so that will be quick and easy......plus, I forgot to take meat out of the freezer to prepare.  LOL  I'll do that for tomorrow.

The busy season is winding down, I think things will be back to normal by the middle of July, just as my supervisor leaves for three weeks to Spain.

I'm definitely going to the Pride March in NYC......after DOMA & Prop 8, it will be an even bigger party!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12135 on: June 27, 2013, 08:29:06 am »
Good luck with the insects, Chuck!

Coming Saturday will be our annual cherry day, where we pick the cherries from our tree and make jam of them. It's always a lot of work, and I always dread the day. But it's also a family thing, with everybody helping, so it's also fun. And I love the jam we're getting from it! :)

We have an American exchange student living with us for the next two weeks, so we plan to have a daytrip to France on Sunday.

Ah, yes.....cherry picking time.....

Brokeback Horror Show

Alma: "Going fishing - that'll teach ya!"

(PS: only some cherries were harmed in making this picture, nothing and nobody else ;D)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12136 on: June 27, 2013, 11:20:58 am »
It's been some 20 years since I last rented, but this situation is sooooo unacceptable.  Heaven's to betsy, what if you were allergic, and they attacked you in your sleep?  Isn't there such things as tenants-rights boards, or things like that?  It seems like your landlord has dawdled WAY TOO LONG on this potentially litigious situation.  It's your brand new apartment; you shouldn't have to steel yourself before you walk through the door every day and night, not knowing what you'll find.  I feel for you, Chuck.  I'da sued the pants off the bastard by now, or at least captured them all alive and released them into HIS apartment.  Accidentally, of course, while you were there showing him the evidence...  :laugh:
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline brianr

« Reply #12137 on: June 27, 2013, 02:54:48 pm »

Oh to live where I could make a day trip to France. It is just under 2 weeks since I got home from Europe (4 weeks since I left Paris for Switzerland) and I am just begiining to get feelings of wanting to go back but with a 22 hour flight costing about $1500, it is 2 years away at least. Although I am thinking of rail across Canada nd the States this time next year. However have a meeting with my financial advisor next week so I might have to make do with trips to Australia  :(

Offline brianr

« Reply #12138 on: June 27, 2013, 03:09:07 pm »
It's been some 20 years since I last rented, but this situation is sooooo unacceptable.  Heaven's to betsy, what if you were allergic, and they attacked you in your sleep?  Isn't there such things as tenants-rights boards, or things like that?  It seems like your landlord has dawdled WAY TOO LONG on this potentially litigious situation.  It's your brand new apartment; you shouldn't have to steel yourself before you walk through the door every day and night, not knowing what you'll find.  I feel for you, Chuck.  I'da sued the pants off the bastard by now, or at least captured them all alive and released them into HIS apartment.  Accidentally, of course, while you were there showing him the evidence...  :laugh:

I am glad I am not your landlord. Having lived most of my life in  a country full of stinging insects I find Chuck's predicament rather amusing.
Now that I am in NZ, it is a relief not to have to worry about snakes when hiking. In Australia I had occasional visits from deadly snakes in my garden and was always fearful of one getting into the house but it never happened.
Insects and spiders in the house were a nuisance but did not frighten me, just get the aerogard. They will not attack you, the worst that can happen is if you accidentally roll onto them in your sleep causing them to sting. I often woke up with a spider bite on my body that way. (thankfull not deadly type they were pretty rare and unlikely to climb into your bed, dark corners are more their scene). I often left a spider sitting up on the wall in the main room but if they wandered into my bedroom they were dead.
Here in NZ, there are no snakes and no deadly spiders. There are big bees but they are good for garden. Worst is I am not far from a sheep farm and on a warm summer's day, blowflies come into the house if I leave the door open. They spread idsease so are quickly dispatched.

Back in Australia I did occasionally have a hornet nest (outside but attached to the house). The thing is to attack the nest with spray early in the morning while it is cool so they do not get aroused.

Offline ZK

« Reply #12139 on: June 27, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »
We have lots of wasps and incessant attacks of mozzies during summer. But no snakes - yay. We do have Katipo spiders which are deadly though I don't think fatal. They live around drift wood on certain beaches. So who was sun bathing on the beach at the beginning of the year. When some one says ummmm I don't mean to alarm you but theres a spider on your chest!!! Needless to say the spider was brushed off my chest with due haste, no time to check if it had the red stripe - arrrrgh