Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9052167 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12280 on: August 09, 2013, 11:48:46 am »
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12281 on: August 09, 2013, 03:20:40 pm »
Update
Yes Sue, I did think of that when I said "hold your hand" but it just came out.  Actually my friend was not there and I sat alone. The film was not scary but suspenseful. I had to laugh at 1959 censors. Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint making love and Cary is still wearing his suit and tie. Just once we saw him in the bathroom without his trousers but still wearing shirt and undies. I sometimes think things have gone too far today but that was ridiculous. I read where at one stage Eva's caharacter said "I never make love on an empty stomach" and the censors insisted it be changed to "I never talk about love on an empty stomach"  ;D
No wonder people of my generation are so mixed up. We only learnt about such things with dirty mags behind the shed and I was too much a good little boy to do that sort of thing  ::)

Why I am really writing. Nearly a month ago, I wrote that my doctor had rung to say my PSA levels were way up. I had another blood test yesterday and the results were online when I got home from the movie. They are way down almost to what they were last year. Phew

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12282 on: August 09, 2013, 04:52:04 pm »
What a relief for you!

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12283 on: August 09, 2013, 05:44:51 pm »
I work Saturdays so that's my Friday.  Last weekend, I went to a dogshow a 2 1/2 hr drive from here and
shared a hotel room with my friend who was one of the judges.  I have known my friend for many years, I met
her when I went to dogshows in the 70's with her mother, and was looking forward to her first time doing best
in show.  Alas, she was unable to finish as her MS raised it's ugly head.  Had a good time, regardless, and enjoyed
having a nice long visit with her.
Most weekends, I stay home and vegetate.
I am afraid to retire, I need to be forced to be out and about, I would make a good hermit.
I am impressed, Chuck, with what a neat and tidy man you are. 8)
I have a house cleaner come in every 2nd week to change the bed, clean the bathrooms and vacuum (or hoover,
as the british say).  The whippet, the cat and I are very appreciative. ;)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12284 on: August 09, 2013, 06:09:15 pm »
Brian, so pleased about your recent PSA results......I am fully aware of these tests and the anxiety caused when the results are high. My husband, was plagued by high  PSA tests from the age of 48, which eventually led him to having surgery a few years later. The surgery was a success. Unfortunately some 10 years later it was melanoma that took him.

Hi Bentgyro....Yes a maid sounds like a good idea. I have to admit, when I worked, I had an ironing lady. She used to come to my house while I was at work, and do my ironing, even if i still had clothes on the clothes line she would get that and iron it too. There was nothing nicer on a monday morning,  than to leave a clothes basket of hubbys business shirts, kids school clothes and my uniforms, plus jeans and other things,  then to come home to have it all hanging up ironed. Had the same lady for 14 years.

Those were in the days when everything needed to be ironed. I dont know about everyone else, but now I dont iron anything.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12285 on: August 10, 2013, 04:46:10 pm »
Amen to not ironing!
I knew a fellow who would go to the bar in a wrinkled shirt and all the ladies would come over
want to take care of him ;)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12286 on: August 10, 2013, 04:58:30 pm »
When I first left home, I did not iron shirts, I bought drip dry. I went to stay a few days with a gay couple and they were horrified. Sadly I have ironed my shirts for the 30 or more years since (except when I am travelling). Where I now live, there are only 2 to 3 months of the year when you are likely not to wear a jumper (sweater, jersey whatever you may call it) so I aometimes think I only need iron the collar but, force of habit, I still iron all my shirts when at home.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12287 on: August 10, 2013, 09:46:39 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Helllllllloooooooooooooooo friends!

So, today, I was a slug!  LOL

I didn't do any drinking today (despite what the picture may suggest), and I didn't do any cleaning today either.  I did some small repairs around the apartment, went for a walk, and just spent today relaxing.

Next week I'm only working on Monday and Tuesday, the rest of the week I have off.  I believe one of those days my mom, her friend Dee, and my friend Cor will be coming over for lunch.  I'm thinking I'll make the Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole, some corn-on-the-cob, and salad.

I play with toy trains for fun, but you could have played with the real thing and got payed for it!

A career in the railroad never interested me.  When I was a kid my dad used to take me to the rail yards, and let me get on the engine.

Now, behave you two and share your toys!!  ::) Chuck, you have some high-class entertainment here today! I would also like to say that I envy people like you guys who have organized lives and are able to travel for pleasure. Sometimes with me it seems like I'm just living under the thumb of other people sometimes. Maybe I would be a good candidate for living on my own...I'll probably get to try that out pretty soon. I do get to travel, and sometimes that's the only way I can get out from under their thumbs! I confess I don't really know what retirement is all about, but maybe I am retired and just don't know it yet.

Lee, I don't wanna behave!  ;D  And I love having entertainment in my blog!

Why I am really writing. Nearly a month ago, I wrote that my doctor had rung to say my PSA levels were way up. I had another blood test yesterday and the results were online when I got home from the movie. They are way down almost to what they were last year. Phew

So glad to hear!!!  Thanks for the update, you must be so relieved now!

I work Saturdays so that's my Friday.  Last weekend, I went to a dogshow a 2 1/2 hr drive from here and shared a hotel room with my friend who was one of the judges.  I have known my friend for many years, I met her when I went to dogshows in the 70's with her mother, and was looking forward to her first time doing best in show.  Alas, she was unable to finish as her MS raised it's ugly head.  Had a good time, regardless, and enjoyed having a nice long visit with her.

Most weekends, I stay home and vegetate. I am afraid to retire, I need to be forced to be out and about, I would make a good hermit.

I am impressed, Chuck, with what a neat and tidy man you are. 8)  I have a house cleaner come in every 2nd week to change the bed, clean the bathrooms and vacuum (or hoover, as the british say).  The whippet, the cat and I are very appreciative. ;)

Hiya BG!  I've never been to a dog show, and I suppose with my allergies, that's a good thing.   :laugh:   As for my cleaning, I kind of enjoy it.  It just reinforces that this place is mine, and if I want it to be neat, I better stay on top of it and take responsibility for it.

I have to admit, when I worked, I had an ironing lady. She used to come to my house while I was at work, and do my ironing, even if i still had clothes on the clothes line she would get that and iron it too.

Amen to not ironing!  I knew a fellow who would go to the bar in a wrinkled shirt and all the ladies would come over want to take care of him ;)

When I first left home, I did not iron shirts, I bought drip dry. I went to stay a few days with a gay couple and they were horrified. Sadly I have ironed my shirts for the 30 or more years since (except when I am travelling). Where I now live, there are only 2 to 3 months of the year when you are likely not to wear a jumper (sweater, jersey whatever you may call it) so I aometimes think I only need iron the collar but, force of habit, I still iron all my shirts when at home.

The one thing I don't like to do is iron.  I have purchased shirts and work slacks that are 'wrinkle free' when they come out of the dryer.  When I do laundry on Sundays, I dry the work clothes together, and wen the buzzer goes off, I immediately take them out and hang them up.  No need to iron.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12288 on: August 11, 2013, 08:36:03 am »
You've had a busy blog Chuck!

Glad to hear your test results were positive Brian!

My week is punctuated with a Wednesday and Sunday band practice. And of course work. On a Monday morning I go to a class with Naylan. I used to do an exersice lass on a Monday also but I haven't been able to do that since having Naylan. I d need to get back into a proper fitness routine though.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12289 on: August 11, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »

Hope you're having a nice relaxing Sunday, Chuck. :)  So far for me.... it's 2 pm, I'm still in my pajamas, and Vivien is sleeping on my lap.  Life is good.  8)

Enjoy a nice red velvet latte!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie