Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9047494 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12420 on: September 28, 2013, 09:42:36 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!

Well, yesterday was Patsy, so today had to be Edina!   :laugh:

Halloween decorations are up in the window.  It took some doing as the lights (at first) wouldn't stay up, and then the posters I put on the windows made the interior of the apartment orange when the sun came through it, and it gave me a headache.

:laugh:

Second attempt included making a run to the arts & crafts store and get a bunch of suction cups which are stuck to the glass, holding up the lights.   I also went back to the Halloween store, and got two light-up ghosts that are now hanging in the window.

Tomorrow is laundry day, and then I'm going to the Equality NJ headquarters and see what this phone bank thing is that I signed up for.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12421 on: September 28, 2013, 09:57:06 pm »
Why do some people spoil things by overusing privileges?   For many years I worked in a school which was in a different phone zone to where I lived. We were allowed free access to long distance calls. Then it was discovered one teacher was making personal  calls to the other side of the country.   From then on I had to ask the office secretary if I coud make a call to book my car in for service or similar.  >:(

Unfortunately, there are always people who take advantage like that.  We have an expression here in America:  "If you give them an inch, they'll take a mile."  It's not so big a deal by me, I miss being on the forums, but I'll get online at home before work in the mornings, and after work at night.  More than enough time to catch up.

Needs must an with us all being in various timezones hopefully we wont notice too much!

Well, if you don't see me during your day, you can see my prior posts the next morning while I'm sleeping.   :laugh:

Hey, Chuck.  Sounds like you could use some cheering up.  Here's something from The Onion to get you in the mood for Halloween.  ;)  ;D

http://www.theonion.com/video/how-to-find-a-masculine-halloween-costume-for-your,14378/

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know very well it's satire and supposed to be funny, but that video was kinda painful to watch.  :-\

I thought it was funny!  Although I guess there are some parents who think this way, which is sad.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12422 on: September 28, 2013, 11:09:46 pm »
Unfortunately, there are always people who take advantage like that.  We have an expression here in America:  "If you give them an inch, they'll take a mile."  It's not so big a deal by me, I miss being on the forums, but I'll get online at home before work in the mornings, and after work at night.  More than enough time to catch up.
We have the same quote although for younger people it should be "give them a centimetre, they'll take a kilometre' which somehow does not sound the same  ;D

Actually based on your postings today (2pm my time), you are now more in my time zone. I use to find everything posted when I woke and nothing being posted in the evening. We have gone onto daylight saving today.

Offline brianr

« Reply #12423 on: September 28, 2013, 11:14:01 pm »
Just checked and Bettermost has not changed my time settings so you posted about 1pm my time. ???

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12424 on: September 29, 2013, 12:12:10 am »
Well, it's late at the moment by me, it's Saturday night, just past midnight, so I'm not at work!  LOL

I'm off Saturdays and Sundays.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12425 on: September 29, 2013, 07:25:03 am »
In Sweden we say: "Give them your little finger, and they'll take your whole hand".  Same thing.  :)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12426 on: September 29, 2013, 09:47:30 am »
We have the same quote although for younger people it should be "give them a centimetre, they'll take a kilometre' which somehow does not sound the same  ;D

In Sweden we say: "Give them your little finger, and they'll take your whole hand".  Same thing.  :)

Funny how different countries have different expressions for the same idea.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12427 on: September 29, 2013, 09:49:02 am »
My apartment window before.

and now

without the flash

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12428 on: September 29, 2013, 09:54:42 am »

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #12429 on: September 29, 2013, 11:55:17 am »
SO COOL, Chuck!  If only they came with cowboy hats and spurs too...  ;D