Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9038283 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12430 on: September 29, 2013, 01:58:46 pm »
You had me all confused. Isn't Halloween the end of October? it is still September here for one more day  ;D
They have halloween in NZ (but hardly anyone decorates) but not much at all in Australia so I just know I will be in Sydney for All Saints Day and that is still a month away.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12431 on: September 30, 2013, 02:50:49 am »
In Sweden we say: "Give them your little finger, and they'll take your whole hand".  Same thing.  :)

Same here in Germany. We also use the little finger/hand metaphor. :)

and now

Cuuuute! :D

Like Brian, I'm also a bit surprised how early the Hallowwen business starts for you US peeps. I've also seen references to it on FB for the last two weeks. You're making a whole Halloween season out of it. :laugh:
But we're catching up. I bought my son a Halloween costume the other day.... ::)

Oh, and he's gonna wear the mask I brought home from New York, from Sleep No More.
Last year I wore it when answering the door and quite some kids didn't dare to come in. ;D
I always took it off for them of course, so they did get their candy. :)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12432 on: September 30, 2013, 10:39:44 am »
Those of us who enjoy it here in the states REALLY enjoy it.  It's never too soon to start decorating and buying your candy.  I already have mine sitting on the counter in its orange pumpkinhead basket I carried when I was a kid.  Of course, I'll eat it all WAY before Halloween, and have to go back to the store for more........ and more..... and more.....  But hey-ho, it's the start of the holiday season -- we're SUPPOSED to gain weight.  That's why GOD made big bulky sweaters, right?  :laugh:
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12433 on: September 30, 2013, 10:24:49 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Well, I wish I was able to do that today at work!  It was too busy!  Ugh!  To add to it one of my coworkers was out, and I had to run the show mostly by myself.  I'm tired!  LOL

After work I ran to the tailor's and picked up the new pants that needed to be hemmed up, and then to the New Jersey United for Marriage meeting.  It went well.

Now to bed, and I'll see ya tomorrow!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12434 on: September 30, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »
Hiya Bri and Chrissi,

Yeah, we start early here for Halloween.  I'm sure that a lot of houses will be decorated this weekend.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12435 on: October 02, 2013, 07:17:51 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Rah rah!

They're on my blog today because yesterday was a "rah rah" day for work, which is why I wasn't here yesterday.   We left work at 4, went to the event (which was at NJPAC), stayed there until just after 7:30, then had to run home, change and go bowling.  Then I woke up today realizing it's 7am, I overslept!

:laugh:

Was a good day at work, and now I'm back online and catching up with all the forums and Facebook. 

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12436 on: October 03, 2013, 07:43:24 pm »

Ok, this didn't happen to me, but could've.

Two days ago I was driving and happened to look at the temperature gage on the dash, and I could see the needled swaying back and forth, not getting to the red section, but definitely higher that it usually goes.  I got to work and let the car cool down, and then popped the hood.

I see the reservoir that the anti-freeze/coolant goes in is empty.  I knew that wasn't good.  So I got a jug of coolant and put it in.  I noticed the engine had white splotches all over it, so it was obivousg there was a leak somewhere. 

I got to work today and decided to open the hood and see if I could find any traces of the leak.  After I got the hood open I hear 'sssssssssssssssss' and look around.  Then, on the top of the radiator, I can see a long thin crack.

::)

I dropped the car off at the shop, and walk to my parents place to see if my dad or brother can drive me to a rental place for another car.  I find out that dad is off his feet for 4 weeks, he dropped a weight on his foot, breaking his toe.  Since he can't use his car, I'm borrowing it until mine is done.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12437 on: October 04, 2013, 09:48:40 am »
I dropped the car off at the shop, and walk to my parents place to see if my dad or brother can drive me to a rental place for another car.  I find out that dad is off his feet for 4 weeks, he dropped a weight on his foot, breaking his toe.  Since he can't use his car, I'm borrowing it until mine is done.

Eeek about your car. Repairs always come to unexpected and cost a fortune. >:(
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to afford a new car every three years and never worry about such things?

Ouch! about your dad's toe. Hope it'll heal without further complications.
But good thing you can take his car and save the rental.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12438 on: October 04, 2013, 07:27:56 pm »
Eeek about your car. Repairs always come to unexpected and cost a fortune. >:(   Wouldn't it be nice to be able to afford a new car every three years and never worry about such things?

You can say that again, Chrissi!

My car was ready after work, and I went to pick it up.   $1,500.00 later and the car is back in my parking space.

::)

Oh well.......hard come, easy go.

This pretty much was the last nail in the coffin for me getting to Madrid.  LOL  That's ok, they'll be more Brokie events.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12439 on: October 05, 2013, 01:55:59 am »
This pretty much was the last nail in the coffin for me getting to Madrid.  LOL  That's ok, they'll be more Brokie events.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

This sucks.  :(
Stupid RL demands meddling with Brokie plans. Shouldn't happen, eh? I'm sorry I won't see you in Madrid.