Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8955652 times)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12550 on: November 20, 2013, 06:19:35 pm »
Hiya friends!  Modem died this morning, so I'll be "off the grid" until tomorrow evening!  See you then!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12551 on: November 20, 2013, 09:57:42 pm »
Well get that modem fixed right away, lest we go into withdrawal! And welcome back, Rob!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12552 on: November 21, 2013, 02:08:51 am »
Modem died this morning, so I'll be "off the grid" until tomorrow evening! 

:o

This is Chuck right now:

Shhh-shhhh-shhhh, it's all right, it's all right. You'll be back. ;D ;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12553 on: November 21, 2013, 03:52:36 am »
I heard my first zombie movie last night. Yeah, you read that right, I heard it, but didn't watch. :laugh:
World War Z; what a crap-movie. After the first 15 or so minutes I decided I didn't want to see this and turned around on the couch, so I was with my back to the TV.
Anyway, made me think of you and here are some questions to our resident zombie expert:

1) Can zombies die? I mean, since they're dead already? What happens when they step on a landmine and get shredded into a thousand pieces?
2) What do they actually do to humans? Do they eat them, or eat their brains? Or just bite them, so they become zombies themselves? It was like that in yesterday's movie. Doesn't make sense however. If they don't eat/drink they'd be kind of a perpetum mobile, they'd be able to go on and on and on without any energy input. Now that would be a good thing, economically and ecologically speaking.

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #12554 on: November 21, 2013, 08:58:36 pm »
I'm back!

;D

I heard my first zombie movie last night. Yeah, you read that right, I heard it, but didn't watch. :laugh:
World War Z; what a crap-movie. After the first 15 or so minutes I decided I didn't want to see this and turned around on the couch, so I was with my back to the TV.
Anyway, made me think of you and here are some questions to our resident zombie expert:

1) Can zombies die? I mean, since they're dead already? What happens when they step on a landmine and get shredded into a thousand pieces?
2) What do they actually do to humans? Do they eat them, or eat their brains? Or just bite them, so they become zombies themselves? It was like that in yesterday's movie. Doesn't make sense however. If they don't eat/drink they'd be kind of a perpetum mobile, they'd be able to go on and on and on without any energy input. Now that would be a good thing, economically and ecologically speaking.

1)  Zombies are already dead, they're just reanimated,  so they're not really alive.   If a zombie were to step on a mine, it would be blown up and no threat.  To "deactivate" a zombie, you must destroy the brain.

2)  Zombies use humans as a food source.  Different movies have different plots.  The original movies had zombies eating the flesh of the people they kill.  Two later movies had the zombies come back for brains, which made no sense.  The brain is what is "reactivated", so if they eat the brain, the victim can't come back as a zombie.

Some movies have the 'zombie apocolypse' happening for unknown reasons, and whoever dies comes back, whether bitten or not.   In other movies, the 'zombie apocolypse' is caused by a virus that is spread through the bite, so if someone dies without being bitten, they stay dead, while those who are bitten come back.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online CellarDweller

« Reply #12555 on: November 22, 2013, 08:58:01 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yup, we've got cold November rain here in NJ today and tomorrow!   Hope the sun is shining for other Brokies!

Today is the last day my coworker is in another location, she'll be back on Monday, which is good because I'm getting tired of doing her crap!  LOL

Anyway, no major plans for the weekend.  I think tonight willl be an apartment cleaning night.  Tomorrow I'll be going to dinner with friends.  Sunday the usual dinner and laundry day!

Next week is Thanksgiving!  Damn, it came fast!  :o  Do you all have plans?   My plans are kind of "up in the air" at the moment.  With my niece due just two days after Thanksgiving, we're not sure if we're going to have a big meal or not.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12556 on: November 22, 2013, 02:38:12 pm »
I'm back!

;D

1)  Zombies are already dead, they're just reanimated,  so they're not really alive.   If a zombie were to step on a mine, it would be blown up and no threat.  To "deactivate" a zombie, you must destroy the brain.

2)  Zombies use humans as a food source.  Different movies have different plots.  The original movies had zombies eating the flesh of the people they kill.  Two later movies had the zombies come back for brains, which made no sense.  The brain is what is "reactivated", so if they eat the brain, the victim can't come back as a zombie.

Some movies have the 'zombie apocolypse' happening for unknown reasons, and whoever dies comes back, whether bitten or not.   In other movies, the 'zombie apocolypse' is caused by a virus that is spread through the bite, so if someone dies without being bitten, they stay dead, while those who are bitten come back.

Yeah, it was the virus-spreading type in the movie I heard. Thanks for the explanation, Chuck! :-*
Guess what, today my friend Kerstin was visiting and she said her BF can't wait to see this movie, it has such great reviews and is supposed to be really good. O-kaaaaaayy. :-X
 :laugh:

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12557 on: November 22, 2013, 05:29:07 pm »

Yup, we've got cold November rain here in NJ today and tomorrow!   Hope the sun is shining for other Brokies!

I'd like you to experience our November rain down here in Oz....its muggy and humid and still very warm....its 7.30am here and its raining and I've just turned the fan on........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12558 on: November 22, 2013, 06:45:45 pm »
My sister, brother-in-law and a friend flew home from Hobart to Sydney yesterday. I saw their plane was delayed 40 minutes (apparently due to early thunderstorms in Sydney).
However at 4.35pm (6.35pm my time) I saw it had landed in Sydney and went off to a concert. She now tells me they were held in the plane for 30 minutes due to thnunderstorms then had to wait 2 hours for their luggage as baggage handlers were not allowed onto the tarmac. A lady sharing their shuttle was held in her plane for an hour,. The airport was closed to aiir traffic so there was mayhelm in the departure lounge.
I read that signals on the main subruban train route were hit by lightning causing people to be delayed getting home from work for over 3 hours.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12559 on: November 23, 2013, 06:17:52 pm »

The first fifteen minutes was filmed in Glasgow Chrissi..! I haven't seen it yet but apparently if you know Glasgow its just mega mega obvious, and certainly from the traler, yes its mega obvious!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/