Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9038136 times)

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12560 on: November 24, 2013, 09:08:23 am »

Hey, Chuck.
Glad your modem came back to life.
I hope it's not a zombie, now.  :o

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #12561 on: November 24, 2013, 09:24:53 am »
My sister, brother-in-law and a friend flew home from Hobart to Sydney yesterday. I saw their plane was delayed 40 minutes (apparently due to early thunderstorms in Sydney).
However at 4.35pm (6.35pm my time) I saw it had landed in Sydney and went off to a concert. She now tells me they were held in the plane for 30 minutes due to thnunderstorms then had to wait 2 hours for their luggage as baggage handlers were not allowed onto the tarmac. A lady sharing their shuttle was held in her plane for an hour,. The airport was closed to aiir traffic so there was mayhelm in the departure lounge.
I read that signals on the main subruban train route were hit by lightning causing people to be delayed getting home from work for over 3 hours.

Baggage handlers are obviously not allowed to get wet. That could be dangerous!
Our rural community suffers frequent power outages, so the powers-that-be installed a few million dollars worth of generating station that is supposed to cut in automatically, to save people's food spoiling while they are away in case they come home and it's frozen again, and eat it not knowing the power had been off. Now the powers-that-be have decreed that the electricity repairmen have to find the fault and make it safe before they are allowed to switch on the emergency generator, for safety, and that can take hours while the chicken de-frosts. (Sigh. Electricity repairmen used to handle live wires; that's what they were trained for).

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12562 on: November 25, 2013, 09:13:22 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yup, once again I have a working TV and computer.   ;D   The rep from Comcast came over and told me that I was not the only person in the complex who lost their cable and internet, and something was done yesterday to fix it.  I did get these back yesterday afternoon, but I didn't cancel my appointment, I wanted to make sure my stuff would still be working. 

My coworker is back from working at a different location, and I can relax a bit now.

Decision has been made that Thanksgiving will be at my brother and sister's-in-law place, just in case Shana should go into labor.  I'm going to make some buffalo chicken dip to bring, and some pitas sliced up to dip.

Weather forecasters are predicting bad weather on Wednesday, the most traveled day here in the US.  I'm hoping that a lot of people's plans don't get messed up.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12563 on: November 25, 2013, 09:14:49 pm »
Hey, Chuck.
Glad your modem came back to life.
I hope it's not a zombie, now.  :o

:laugh::laugh:   Nope, the modem is alive and kicking!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12564 on: November 25, 2013, 09:18:30 pm »
My sister, brother-in-law and a friend flew home from Hobart to Sydney yesterday. I saw their plane was delayed 40 minutes (apparently due to early thunderstorms in Sydney).  However at 4.35pm (6.35pm my time) I saw it had landed in Sydney and went off to a concert. She now tells me they were held in the plane for 30 minutes due to thnunderstorms then had to wait 2 hours for their luggage as baggage handlers were not allowed onto the tarmac. A lady sharing their shuttle was held in her plane for an hour,. The airport was closed to aiir traffic so there was mayhelm in the departure lounge.  I read that signals on the main subruban train route were hit by lightning causing people to be delayed getting home from work for over 3 hours.

Baggage handlers are obviously not allowed to get wet. That could be dangerous!  Our rural community suffers frequent power outages, so the powers-that-be installed a few million dollars worth of generating station that is supposed to cut in automatically, to save people's food spoiling while they are away in case they come home and it's frozen again, and eat it not knowing the power had been off. Now the powers-that-be have decreed that the electricity repairmen have to find the fault and make it safe before they are allowed to switch on the emergency generator, for safety, and that can take hours while the chicken de-frosts. (Sigh. Electricity repairmen used to handle live wires; that's what they were trained for).

Hello Brian and Rob.   Both stories sound crazy   I have been stuck on the tarmac, but it was due to issues with the plane, not the weather.  Isn't it crazy how the weather can foul everything up?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12565 on: November 26, 2013, 09:07:56 am »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOsGAxFcYls[/youtube]

Yup, counting down the days to Thanksgiving.  I believe today is Thanksgiving Eve, eve.  LOL

Bowling night tonight, it will be good to see everyone again before the holiday!

Did some Christmas shopping yesterday, got a few toys for a child in need, through the United Way.  I also got a few ornaments for my Christmas tree.  I got a glass cowboy boot, Superman, Batman & Wonder Woman.

;D

How is everyone else doing?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12566 on: November 26, 2013, 01:55:11 pm »
How is everyone else doing?

Having a grumpy day today and feeling stupid for it. The next three days will be stressful, lots of stuff going on. And for exactly those same three days, Jens (hubby) will be in Denmark. Figures.
Whoa, sometimes I almost think he knows in advance at what times things will be pell-mell here and puts his business trips on exactly those days. Grrr.
The feeling stupid part comes from knowing exactly this isn't true, and from the fact that today I do have a pretty relaxed day, but can't enjoy it because I'm so grumpy. ::)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12567 on: November 26, 2013, 08:09:00 pm »
Hope it works itself out Chrissi..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12568 on: November 27, 2013, 12:30:28 am »
Feel better Chrissi!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12569 on: November 27, 2013, 09:11:21 am »

How is everyone today?

I'm thinking we'll be let out of work early today, and I may just take a nap.  LOL  I am tired from bowling last night!

I'm making buffalo chicken dip this evening for tomorrow, and I need to think of what to bring to 'dip' into it.  I'm thinking tortilla chips and pitas.

Hope everyone's plans go off without a hitch!