Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9024246 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12650 on: December 14, 2013, 09:36:43 pm »

Latest pic of Trenton,  2 weeks old.  My brother (grandpa) is Santa.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12651 on: December 15, 2013, 11:39:06 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

It's a winter wonderland here in NJ.....snow started yesterday, sometime before I woke up, and continued well into the night, stopping at about 10:00 or so, and then changed to a wintery mix.  Snowplows and salters ran all night, and the roads are clear.

My parking lot has been plowed already, as has the sidewalk to my building, it's nice to not have to worry about this, and have a parking space no matter how badly it snows. 

Going out to clean off the car and let it warm up a bit, and then I'll be back later.  I'll visit my parents too, for the usual Sunday meal and laundry day.  It will be quicker today, as my work clothes are all still in the closet, and clean.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12652 on: December 15, 2013, 12:45:19 pm »
Temps here in NJ are up to 41 degrees, so things are melting.

It turned to freezing rain last night, the trees looked like they had a sheet of glass covering them, soooo pretty!  I have a few huge icicles hanging in front of my window, they're starting to melt.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12653 on: December 16, 2013, 09:12:41 pm »

Yup, that fits how I felt to go back to work today.  LOL

It was busy too!!!  Ugh!   I had 250 emails waiting for me, had to process some payments, some advances, open a new account, and print out paperwork for one of my supervisors.

There was some spill over to tomorrow, but it will get done.

Winter weather advisory for tomorrow, we could get another 3 inches tomorrow.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12654 on: December 17, 2013, 08:54:05 am »

Ah, the gift of music!  That is the last gift I need to pick up today, a $25.00 gift card to FYE (For Your Entertainment) to my brother.  He has a decent CD collection, and I'm sure he'll want to add to it.

;D

It's a snowy Tuesday here in NJ, and it looks pretty again.  ;D  This is the second major snowfall so far, with a few 'dustings' before them, and it's not even winter yet.

;D

Looks like we'll have a very white winter, which (as you know) suits me just fine!   Wonder if we'll have a white Christmas?

Tonight is the bowling grab bag, and my "naughty" gift is ready to go!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12655 on: December 18, 2013, 09:36:29 am »

Yes, my usual Wednesday complaint!  LOL

However, with the next two Tuesdays on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, there won't be bowling and I can sleep!  ;D

Speaking of bowling, the event was fun last night.  Chirstmas music, games, gift back exchange, the whole deal.

I got a new version of "pin the tail on the donkey", but it's with a magnetic naked  man called "Pin the manhood" and you can guess how that's played.

:laugh:

Hope everyone is well!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12656 on: December 19, 2013, 07:25:58 am »

Yup, I'm done with my holiday stuff, and can relax for the rest of the time up until Christmas.

I have a White Elephant party to go to on Saturday, and I'm thinking I'll get some of my old, crappy VHS tapes that no one uses anymore and wrap those up as the gift.

:laugh:

I'll also be making a Stromboli for dinner.  I tried to do a buffalo chicken version, but it didn't turn out well.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12657 on: December 19, 2013, 01:55:54 pm »
I'll also be making a Stromboli for dinner.  I tried to do a buffalo chicken version, but it didn't turn out well.

I don't know if I've asked before, but I remember photos of your stromboli. Anyway, I just looked up stromboli and found rolled up pizza. But wasn't your stromboli something with meatballs, covered with cheese and baked in the oven?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stromboli_(food)

Yup, I'm done with my holiday stuff, and can relax for the rest of the time up until Christmas.

Well done! I'm also almost done, which is completely new for me. I have most gifts, and even some of them already wrapped. Decoration is also done, this leaves only the cookies to bake, and a few gifts to take care of. How in hell did that happen? Normally I'm not so well-organized. :laugh:

We have fun plans for both days of the weekend, so no time for cookies. Maybe tomorrow. Kids will get off school early and finally start their winter holidays! They'll be off until Jan, 8th :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12658 on: December 19, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »
I don't know if I've asked before, but I remember photos of your stromboli. Anyway, I just looked up stromboli and found rolled up pizza. But wasn't your stromboli something with meatballs, covered with cheese and baked in the oven?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stromboli_(food)

Yes, that's basically what a Stromboli is.  I've made them with meatballs and cheese, pepperoni and cheese, and sausage and cheese.

I tried buffalo chicken, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, it wasn't very good.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12659 on: December 20, 2013, 09:03:05 am »

I just had to sit through that song here at work, I hate it!   :laugh:  It could've been worse, it could've been the Christmas shoes.

Anyway, TGIF!  ;D  I hope everyone who celebrates is in the Christmas spirit by now!

I wrapped my supervisor's (Maria) gift this morning and it's now in her cubicle, waiting for her.  I usually don't buy gifts for people here at work, but Maria and I are close, we go out to lunch together and occasionally meet up outside of work for parties and such, so we exchange at Christmas.

She loves to cook and has quite a few different recipes, so I got her a cassarole cookbook, and a cupcake cookbook.  She also enjoys the movies, so I got her $20.00 worth of gift certificates to the movies.