Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9041757 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12660 on: December 20, 2013, 10:24:28 am »
I wrapped my supervisor's (Maria) gift this morning and it's now in her cubicle, waiting for her.  I usually don't buy gifts for people here at work, but Maria and I are close, we go out to lunch together and occasionally meet up outside of work for parties and such, so we exchange at Christmas.

She loves to cook and has quite a few different recipes, so I got her a cassarole cookbook, and a cupcake cookbook.  She also enjoys the movies, so I got her $20.00 worth of gift certificates to the movies.

Nobody can say you don't have the real Christmas spirit, Sweetie.  :)  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12661 on: December 20, 2013, 04:16:05 pm »
Turns out the US mail is much quicker than you thought, Chuck.

My Xmas card arrived today, thank you so much.  :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12662 on: December 20, 2013, 05:02:25 pm »
Turns out the US mail is much quicker than you thought, Chuck.

My Xmas card arrived today, thank you so much.  :-*

Yaaaaaaaay!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12663 on: December 20, 2013, 05:02:41 pm »
Nobody can say you don't have the real Christmas spirit, Sweetie.  :)  :-*

:-*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #12664 on: December 20, 2013, 05:10:41 pm »
My card arrived yesterday! :D
Thank you so much, Chuckie. :-* Brokie mail is the best kind. :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12665 on: December 23, 2013, 09:54:33 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

This is what is currently playing on the radio a work.  The big boss is out of the office this week, so we can relax a bit.

I'm hoping for two slow days, and that nothing will interfer with me getting home at my usual time.  Today I'm cranky, very bad sleep last night.  I was having weird dreams, not nightmares, but just strange dreams and I could fall asleep right now!

Chrissi, I'm glad you got your card!

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12666 on: December 24, 2013, 02:36:31 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Currently at work, watching the clock tick towards 3PM and "go home time"  ;D

So far the day has not been too crazy!  There have been a few requests to keep me busy, and I have one or two more transactions to process by 3:00, but I think that everything should be done in plenty of time for me to get out at the expected time.

;D

Once home, I just have to load some things into the car, and then bake some Buffalo Chicken dip, shower and shave.  After that, over to Mom and Dad's place, and then to my brother and sis-in-law's place. for the evening.

;D

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #12667 on: December 24, 2013, 07:38:15 pm »

Well, it's xmas morning here in oz.
Happy Xmas everyone.  :-*

Hey Chuck. I found your xmas card in the po box yesterday. Must have arrived Monday.
Thanks mate. It really gave me a smile.  :)

I sent you a card to your old address (coz I didn't know you had a new one), so I hope you had a re-direction still in place or someone might have passed it on. If not, well, the thought was there, and I'll at least have your new address for your birthday card.

Hey, it will be Trenton's first xmas ! That will be something really special.  :)

I'll be having xmas day alone this year, but with thoughts of all the people I count as friends and who are dear to me.
My usual friend is having xmas day with her own family, as her mother has travelled down this year instead of having the usual Hunter Valley do. They are nice 'country style' people.

I'm driving up to Queensland next Monday to visit my daughters for a few days 'til the next weekend.

Love & happy holiday wishes to you all.  :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12668 on: December 25, 2013, 06:59:46 pm »

Evening Bettermost Friends!

;D

Mom decided to get me some joke gifts for Christmas, so it was a Grumpy cat kind of Christmas.

The family mostly celebrated on Christmas Eve. We went to my Brother and Sister-In-Law's place for dinner.   We exchanged gifts and had a good evening.

Today was low key.   Lunch at my parents' place, some more gifts exchanged, and then came home for a nap.  :laugh:

Making some dinner now, and then bed at my usual time.  Work tomorrow for me.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12669 on: December 26, 2013, 09:52:38 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Yup, I imagine that poor Santa is exhausted today!   :laugh:

I got to work today in only 15 mintues, there was barely any traffic on the road today, I assume that most people have today off, and probably tomorrow as well. 

When I go on lunch, I'm going to try and hit Target really quickly, if I can, and see what the 'after Christmas' prices look like.  I want to get two large storage bins, and get some more Christmas lights.  When I was looking for my multi-color lights, I found strands of just red lights, just green lights, and just pink lights.   I thought:  "Those would be good for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, and Easter, so I'm going to see if perhaps they're half price or something like that, and then buy them for the window.

;D

Hey Chuck. I found your xmas card in the po box yesterday. Must have arrived Monday.  Thanks mate. It really gave me a smile.  :)

I'm glad you got it!  ;D

I sent you a card to your old address (coz I didn't know you had a new one), so I hope you had a re-direction still in place or someone might have passed it on. If not, well, the thought was there, and I'll at least have your new address for your birthday card.

OH, no worries, I got your card.  Remember, before I moved to my apartment, I lived with mom and dad, so they were holding it for me.

Hey, it will be Trenton's first xmas ! That will be something really special.  :)

Special for us, he pretty much slept through it all!    :laugh:  He did get up for a while, and checked us all out.  He also entertained us by rolling over a few times.  Considering a baby doesn't roll over until (usually) the third month or so, for him to do it at 24 days is pretty cool.  He did it the first time at 8 days.

I'll be having xmas day alone this year, but with thoughts of all the people I count as friends and who are dear to me.  My usual friend is having xmas day with her own family, as her mother has travelled down this year instead of having the usual Hunter Valley do. They are nice 'country style' people.

I'm driving up to Queensland next Monday to visit my daughters for a few days 'til the next weekend.

Hope that your Christmas was peaceful, and that you have a great visit with your daughters!