Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9038902 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12840 on: March 18, 2014, 08:33:39 am »
a zombie's gotta do what a zombie's gotta do, I guess.   ;)

:laugh:

I wouldn't worry if I were you, Chuck.

I don't think it's a documentary.

You're quite safe where you are.

I think you are misunderstanding me Sonja.   I'm not saying the program "scared" me.   I'm saying that I was shocked that the writers came up with a story where 12 year old Lizzie stabbed to death her 10 year old sister (not a zombie).

When the adults came to the conclusion that there was nothing else they could do, walked Lizzie out into a field of flowers and shot her in the head.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12841 on: March 18, 2014, 05:46:12 pm »
I wouldn't watch that programme in a million years!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12842 on: March 19, 2014, 08:20:18 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

So what's wrong with being a chatty Cathy?  LOL   Sometimes, I think this entire office is made up of them!  I won't deny being one, but so is everyone else!

So how is everyone today?  I'm tired from bowling, but otherwise I'm ok.  I'm thinking (hoping) it will be a slow day, and I'll get caught up on everything that's piled up in recent days!  It was on the slow side yesterday, so I got the bulk of my filing done, there's not much more to do.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12843 on: March 19, 2014, 08:28:45 am »
I wouldn't watch that programme in a million years!

:laugh:

I know a few people who agree with you on that, and there were a few postings online from people who said they wouldn't watch the show anymore after Sunday's episode.  It's actually a very well-written show, very well acted.

As stupid as it sounds, in the context of the show, it was the right choice to make.  The two adults had two children and a baby with them (none of them their biologically).  They are heading to a town that is supposed to be a safe haven in the middle of a zombie apocolypse.  The oldest child snaps, and kills her younger sister, and threatens to kill the baby.

In this world there are no detention centers, treatment centers or psychologists.  Do you take this child with you hoping she doesn't snap again and kill others, or do you think of the safety of others (and yourself) and do something like the act I described above?

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Cellar Scribblings--TATTOOS
« Reply #12844 on: March 19, 2014, 02:03:49 pm »
I caught your tattoos on the Body Art site.  As you may have read, I just got my first tattoo ever.  (the ship we worked on when we first met, the name of the ship and the year, then HIS name in bigger blue letters)  I am really glad I got it, and am getting a second one next week: on the inside of my left wrist--black rectangle with a big pink triangle in the centre.  A pink triangle has the political edginess that a Pride flag does not.  What was the reaction to your triangle?  Did straights know what it meant without asking?  Yours was 7 years ago; any change in your thinking? i.e., would you rather have a Pride flag today?
Hey, from your photos you look like a muscle bear--true?
 ;)
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12845 on: March 19, 2014, 02:11:48 pm »
Hello X-man.

I am far from a muscle bear.  LOL  I have unfortunately put a bunch of weight on, but I'm working on taking it off (again) so that may change in the future.

I am very happy with my triangle.  A few straight people knew what it was, others did not.

I have no regrets about it, very glad I got it, as well as the Brokeback one that ended up under it.

Congrats on your tat, and your second soon-to-come tat!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12846 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:34 am »

How is everyone today??

First day of spring has finally come!  We had some heavy downpours here last night, but the sun is supposed to come out today, and go up to the 50s.  Very nice for the first day of spring.

I'm hoping my "big boss" is out of the office today.  My immediate supervisor is in Boston today for a training course, and it would be nice to have them both out at the same time!   :laugh:

According to the internet, today is "International Happy Day".

So celebrate and put on a happy face!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12847 on: March 21, 2014, 08:41:18 am »

Yup, it's Friday, and pay day!

;D

Got to work early, went to 'online banking', and then I moved everything to where it is supposed to be, and now my bills will be paid!  ;D

Anyone have good plans for the weekend?  I'm going over to my friends' house for a game night, that should be some fun.  I'm also attempting to make a new dessert for the evening, aletria.

It's a dessert made with angel hair pasta.....similar to rice pudding.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12848 on: March 21, 2014, 09:20:35 am »
I'm also attempting to make a new dessert for the evening, aletria.

It's a dessert made with angel hair pasta.....similar to rice pudding.
Not for those on a low-carb diet, I'm sure.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12849 on: March 21, 2014, 07:15:32 pm »
Sounds yummy!
Have nice time!