Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9038881 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12870 on: March 25, 2014, 10:45:26 am »
I haven't used the angel in a while, Jeff, just was mixing it up a bit, no specific reason why.

I'll bring him back into rotation in a while.

X-Man, I don't mind MB, just 'bear' in mind that it doesn't really fit.  LOL    As for why I choose the pink triangle over the pride flag, I wanted it as a reminder of how difficult those who went before me had it.  On days when I'm angry or upset over something trivial, I can look at the triangle and remember how fortunate I really am.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12871 on: March 25, 2014, 11:28:38 am »
I haven't used the angel in a while, Jeff, just was mixing it up a bit, no specific reason why.

I'll bring him back into rotation in a while.

Don't know why it suddenly occurred to me this morning that we haven't seen him in a long, long time.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12872 on: March 25, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »
Here's for you Chuck, but I wonder what turkeys have to do with bowling?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12873 on: March 26, 2014, 08:04:40 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey yoooooooooooooooooou guuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys!

Where is everyone?

Truman?  Paul?  Sue?  Chrissi?  Sonja?  Jeff?  Peter?  Brad?  Cathrine?  Lynne?  Lee?  Monika?  Sophia?  Amanda?  Kelda?  I would include Matt's name but he's always busy flying somewhere! 

:laugh:

Maybe I need to put some food out for you all!   

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12874 on: March 26, 2014, 08:06:04 am »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #12875 on: March 26, 2014, 08:36:23 am »
[youtube=425,350]http://youtu.be/H_iGaQglnKg[/youtube]

Good morning, Charles.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:02:33 pm by southendmd »

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12876 on: March 26, 2014, 08:43:19 am »
X-Man, I don't mind MB, just 'bear' in mind that it doesn't really fit.  LOL

OK, it's settled.  For me, at least, you are BetterMost's cyber-space resident Muscle Bear.  Screw reality.  Reality is for those who can't handle fantasy.  BetterMost needs a resident muscle bear because it needs whimsy.  Humour, except the broadest small-talk variety, is in short supply here. Everything else is taken with deadly seriousness; no such thing as burlesquing, deadpan, gallows, droll, ironic, or any other kind of humour.  Even in the midst of a serious discussion there CAN be moments of levity without people missing it entirely.  More whimsy, more humour of all sorts is what we need.  The use of "bear icons" will only take us so far.  And, Muscle Bear,don't worry that I will show up at your door with a bouquet of roses.  I am more in touch with reality than some of you may think.  (How about a bouquet of pansies?)
 :)
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12877 on: March 26, 2014, 09:32:43 am »
Reality is for those who can't handle fantasy.

How does that line go? "Reality is just a collective hallucination," or somethiing like that?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #12878 on: March 26, 2014, 10:09:17 am »
How does that line go? "Reality is just a collective hallucination," or somethiing like that?

I remember from high school English:  "Reality is the product of a most august imagination"--Wallace Stevens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12879 on: March 26, 2014, 10:27:25 am »
OK, it's settled.  For me, at least, you are BetterMost's cyber-space resident Muscle Bear.  Screw reality.  Reality is for those who can't handle fantasy.  BetterMost needs a resident muscle bear because it needs whimsy.  Humour, except the broadest small-talk variety, is in short supply here. Everything else is taken with deadly seriousness; no such thing as burlesquing, deadpan, gallows, droll, ironic, or any other kind of humour.  Even in the midst of a serious discussion there CAN be moments of levity without people missing it entirely.  More whimsy, more humour of all sorts is what we need.  The use of "bear icons" will only take us so far.  And, Muscle Bear,don't worry that I will show up at your door with a bouquet of roses.  I am more in touch with reality than some of you may think.  (How about a bouquet of pansies?)
 :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Then MB it is........as long as it's 'whimsy' i'm adding here, and not 'insanity'.   :laugh: