Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9037290 times)

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12920 on: April 04, 2014, 03:47:00 pm »

The only thing that comes to mind for me if maybe make it a little larger, and make it a tattoo of a chain, and in the center, have your name  on one link, and his on another, linked together.

Thanks, MB.  That's an interesting idea of the chain symbolizing the linking.  With the first tat I thought that just having a guy's name tattooed on another guy's arm was linkage enough, but your way is more direct, and suggests the character of the relationship.  Thanks again
 :)
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12921 on: April 05, 2014, 11:24:49 am »
Thanks, MB.  That's an interesting idea of the chain symbolizing the linking.  With the first tat I thought that just having a guy's name tattooed on another guy's arm was linkage enough, but your way is more direct, and suggests the character of the relationship.  Thanks again
 :)

glad you like the idea.   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12922 on: April 07, 2014, 06:19:14 am »
  Hiya BetterMost friends.

I think that would make Monday mornings fun.......people talking, and all of a sudden, music starts to play out of nowhere.

:laugh: :laugh:

I really shouldn't complain, because things at work are going along well, I just enjoy my lazy weekends toooo much, and they seem to pass by too quickly.

So, how are you all doing?  Give me the details!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12923 on: April 07, 2014, 10:14:42 am »
You want details? Oh, that's dangerous!  ::) Well, I worked hard all Saturday morning, cleaning, sweeping, shoveling snow, arranging flowers. While there was an open house at the place I'm selling, I ran over to my rental place and showed it to some prospective tenants. Then dropped by my new house and mowed the lawn. Then back to the old place to work on taxes all evening. Sunday was funner. I skipped out on church (don't tell anybody) and petted my cat, read the newspaper instead. Then went to my Sherlock group meeting and WON THE TRIVIA contest on The Beryl Coronet by getting 14 out of 15 questions right! Finished off the day by taking in the Modern Masters exhibit at the art museum, ran home to feed my cat and was too exhausted to work on taxes so I watched Mud instead. It's Monday and taxes loom again!  :P
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12924 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:59 pm »
It's Monday and taxes loom again!  :P
Taxes are such a big thing in the USA.
In Australia you do not pay tax on the first $18,000 of income and, once over 60, you do not pay tax on superannuation income. So I only filled in a tax return to get back the taxes that were taken out of any little bit of casual income I did. It only took about half an hour to do but I got back about $500 each year.  The Financial year ended on June 30.
In NZ tax is paid on all income but the banks take it out of any interest automatically and it is also taken out of my government superannuation. The financial year ends on March 31 which I find strange.
The great thing was that, as an immigrant, I did not have to pay tax on my overseas income for the first 4 years so I left most of my savings in Australian banks.
However that came to an end on January 31 so I have been bringng most of my money over to NZ. Fortunately interest rates are going down in Australia but up in NZ.
However the NZ dollar has gone up versus the Aussie so I am not getting as much as when I first came over in 2010 and bought my house, lots of furniture  and car.  Then it was NZ$1.30 to the Au$ now only about $1.05.

I thought I would have to pay tax on my Aussie private superannuation which is my main source of income and paid an Accountant a lot of money to be given a very complicated statement which was diffcult to understand but agreed I would.  I researched online and made an appointment with the Internal Revenue Department. A very nice young lady said she would look into it and finally I received a call to say that, if I could show proof that my superannuation was not taxed in Australia, it would not be taxed in NZ.  I sent that document off and received a letter stating it would not be taxable. That has saved me over $2000 per year. So much for expensive accountants.

In NZ you only have to make a tax return if you want a refund or (like me now) have some overseas income. However it is done online and I have less than $200 to declare for 2 months. I will however now claim my church donations. They cannot be claimed in Australia and I do not really believe they should be.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12925 on: April 08, 2014, 05:35:00 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Yup, it's bowling night once again!  Yaaaaaaaay!  Season ends in just a few weeks, so I'll be able to go to bed at a decent hour on Tuesdays soon.  LOL

I'm going out on Saturday with a few of the guys from the league, we're going to see a local play.  Should be fun.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12926 on: April 08, 2014, 05:39:49 am »
You want details? Oh, that's dangerous!  ::) Well, I worked hard all Saturday morning, cleaning, sweeping, shoveling snow, arranging flowers. While there was an open house at the place I'm selling, I ran over to my rental place and showed it to some prospective tenants. Then dropped by my new house and mowed the lawn. Then back to the old place to work on taxes all evening. Sunday was funner. I skipped out on church (don't tell anybody) and petted my cat, read the newspaper instead. Then went to my Sherlock group meeting and WON THE TRIVIA contest on The Beryl Coronet by getting 14 out of 15 questions right! Finished off the day by taking in the Modern Masters exhibit at the art museum, ran home to feed my cat and was too exhausted to work on taxes so I watched Mud instead. It's Monday and taxes loom again!  :P

Whoa, you did have a busy day!  At the end of that day, I would've just crashed into bed!!

Taxes are such a big thing in the USA.

In Australia you do not pay tax on the first $18,000 of income and, once over 60, you do not pay tax on superannuation income. So I only filled in a tax return to get back the taxes that were taken out of any little bit of casual income I did. It only took about half an hour to do but I got back about $500 each year.  The Financial year ended on June 30.

In NZ tax is paid on all income but the banks take it out of any interest automatically and it is also taken out of my government superannuation. The financial year ends on March 31 which I find strange.  The great thing was that, as an immigrant, I did not have to pay tax on my overseas income for the first 4 years so I left most of my savings in Australian banks.  However that came to an end on January 31 so I have been bringng most of my money over to NZ. Fortunately interest rates are going down in Australia but up in NZ.  However the NZ dollar has gone up versus the Aussie so I am not getting as much as when I first came over in 2010 and bought my house, lots of furniture  and car.  Then it was NZ$1.30 to the Au$ now only about $1.05.

I thought I would have to pay tax on my Aussie private superannuation which is my main source of income and paid an Accountant a lot of money to be given a very complicated statement which was diffcult to understand but agreed I would.  I researched online and made an appointment with the Internal Revenue Department. A very nice young lady said she would look into it and finally I received a call to say that, if I could show proof that my superannuation was not taxed in Australia, it would not be taxed in NZ.  I sent that document off and received a letter stating it would not be taxable. That has saved me over $2000 per year. So much for expensive accountants.

In NZ you only have to make a tax return if you want a refund or (like me now) have some overseas income. However it is done online and I have less than $200 to declare for 2 months. I will however now claim my church donations. They cannot be claimed in Australia and I do not really believe they should be.

Interesting how different countries do taxes different ways.

I've always had the max taken from my paycheck, so I always get a decent return.  This year, between the state and the federal taxes, I got about $2,000.00 back which I used to get various things, and pay my car insurance for the year.

I always get my taxes done as soon as I can, so mine were done by mid May.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12927 on: April 09, 2014, 08:34:15 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone today?

As usual, my ass is dragging on this Wednesday morning, but there are only a few more weeks until the end of the season.  Then I'll be able to go to bed at a normal hour on Tuesday nights, at least until September.

:laugh:

And speaking of bowling, a few of us are getting together to see a local production of Les Miz this Saturday.  We'll be getting together to have dinner first, then the show.   Should be fun!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12928 on: April 10, 2014, 08:19:36 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Two days in a row for the angel.  Jeff, he's waitin' for ya.  :laugh:

Slept well last night, and feeling more energiezed today, which is good since I need to clean the apartment tonight and tomorrow night.  LOL   With friends coming over on Saturday before the play, I won't have time to clean on Saturday, so I need to work on that tonight and tomorrow evening after work.

The week at work has been a bit busy, but other than that, no big surprises or anything.  Thank God.  LOL

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12929 on: April 10, 2014, 10:11:09 am »
Two days in a row for the angel.  Jeff, he's waitin' for ya.  :laugh:

Lovely. Another year closer to death and you tell me there's an angel waiting for me. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.