Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9169426 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12970 on: April 29, 2014, 08:32:40 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Yup, it's bowling night again!  ;D  Last bowling night in April, and then after May, the season is over until September.

;D  I'm looking forward to this little break.

Anyway, very dark day here, looks to be rainy all day long.  The swath of vicious weather that caused tornados in other states stretches from the Great Lakes to the Gulf region, and is currently passing from the midwest to the East coast.  We're just getting start of the bad weather, it's supposed to strent well into Wednesday.

Heard from mom this morning, she and dad finally used my anniversary present to them, gift certificates to a movie and dinner.  It's one of those new 'fancy' cinemas that have large chairs and you can eat dinner there.  Mom and Dad got there early, went to the bar downstairs for a drink, got their recliners and dinner and saw "Heaven Is For Real".   She loved the movie (dad thought it was ok) but said the food was very good, as was the service, and it was a great way to watch a movie.  They're going to go back again in a few months to see some football movie my dad is interested in.

My Super Friends figures are starting to arrive.  Yesterday Flash, Wonder Woman and Robin joined Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief and El Dorado.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12971 on: April 29, 2014, 08:33:24 am »
Nice to be home in my own bed. Now 5 weeks before the big trip.

Hope you have time to rest up for a bit!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12972 on: April 30, 2014, 08:58:07 am »

Bowling went well, you can see an update my Striking Out sectiion of the blog.

Man, it poured early this morning.  I had my window opened to let some fresh air into my bedroom, and the rain pounding down woke me two times.  Thankfully, each time I just turned over and went back to sleep.

Yesterday was a quiet day in the office, all the RMs were out at a meeting in NYC, and so far none of them have shown up here yet.  Not sure what the delay is, but it could be the weather.  Rain is still falling, and will do so until tomorrow morning.

Hope you all are having a good day!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12973 on: May 01, 2014, 08:52:04 am »

Got home last night to see that Superman had arrived at my apartment.  The line-up for The Super Friends continues to inch towards completion.

;D

So far Superman, Wonder Woman, Robin, Flash, Black Vulcan, Samurai, Apache Chief and El Dorado have arrived.  I have 10 more to go, and I ordered a group of them loose from one seller, so when that package arrives, I'll be almost done.

I'm still waiting for Batman, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Atom, Hawkman & Hawkgirl, Cyborg, Firestorm, Zan & Jayna (Wonder Twins).

Still very grey here, but it seems (for the moment) that the rain has stopped.  Weather forecasters are saying that by afternoon the sun will come out, and it may go as high as the mid-70s.

;D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12974 on: May 01, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »

Got home last night to see that Superman had arrived at my apartment.

Who does he look like, Christopher Reeve, Tom Welling, Brandon Routh, or Henry Cavill?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12975 on: May 01, 2014, 04:10:04 pm »
Who does he look like, Christopher Reeve, Tom Welling, Brandon Routh, or Henry Cavill?  ;D

You tell me.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12976 on: May 01, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »
Latest pic of Trenton Scott, waiting for dinner, taken tonight.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12977 on: May 02, 2014, 08:30:14 am »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

Don't laugh, it could happen!

:laugh:

How is everyone this Friday?   It's Friday and pay day for me!  Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

No new Super Friends awaited me at my door when I got home yesterday.  Oh well.....perhaps today.

No big plans this weekend, just going to spend time giving the apartment a good cleaning, and then laundry on Sunday.  If the weather is good I'll get some walks in too.

What does everyone else have planned?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12978 on: May 02, 2014, 09:15:12 am »
You tell me.

None of the above, but he does remind me of somebody.  ???  I ain't jokin'; the face does remind me of somebody.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12979 on: May 02, 2014, 10:48:02 am »
Hey, Muscle Bear.  Remember the tattoo I asked your advice about?  How to link 2 men's names?  You suggested using a chain for linking.  I discussed this with the artist, and we thought about it.  Then I had the idea of using 2 dog tags on one chain--his name on one tag and mine on the other.  The artist pronounced it "brilliant" and "awesome."  So that's how it is.  I'd send a pic, but I don't think I want our names splashed across the internet.  Anyway, dog tags are a good way of keeping the tattoo male/male--no hearts or flowers.  Thanks for the chain idea which led the way.
x-man
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz