Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9033482 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13130 on: August 04, 2014, 05:15:48 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Well, here we are, another Monday is almost over!

It was a fun weekend, although Friday night was rough.  One of my uncles passed away, and his wake was Friday night.  My brothers and I have talked about how the deaths would become an avalanche, and it's starting.  Mom is an only child, but Dad was one of 13.  A few siblings have died, but this year three more died.

Dad is one of the youngest, at 75, and he's in very good health, mom makes sure of that.  He takes daily vitamins, eats right, and goes to the gym 5 nights a week.

I never really thought of this, but when we were talking about this with my mom, she said:  "Your grandmother told me that one day I would thank her, for making me an only child.  Her reasons were that I had to share nothing, everything they had was mine, and that no matter how old I got, I'd never watch my siblings die.

Dad seems to be handling it well, so he's moving on already.

Saturday I went to a BBQ and antiquing with friends.  I got more colored bottles for my cabinets in the kitchen, CDs I wanted, and a small disco ball for my living room.  LOL

Now, back to work, hoping I can leave early on Friday.  We'll see.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #13131 on: August 04, 2014, 05:37:21 pm »
Dad seems to be handling it well, so he's moving on already.
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Saturday I went to a BBQ and antiquing with friends.  I got more colored bottles for my cabinets in the kitchen, CDs I wanted, and a small disco ball for my living room.  LOL
You and I have rather different ideas when it comes to antiquing.  LOL

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13132 on: August 04, 2014, 09:42:21 pm »
Really sorry to hear about your Uncle Chuck

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13133 on: August 04, 2014, 09:43:43 pm »
A disco ball an antique?  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13134 on: August 04, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »
I never really thought of this, but when we were talking about this with my mom, she said:  "Your grandmother told me that one day I would thank her, for making me an only child.  Her reasons were that I had to share nothing, everything they had was mine, and that no matter how old I got, I'd never watch my siblings die.

Of course, your mother had no siblings to turn to when her parents died.

And there is no guarantee that your mother would have outlived any siblings. She might have died first.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13135 on: August 05, 2014, 04:26:00 am »
Sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope it'll be a long time before you have to attend another funeral.

and a small disco ball for my living room.  LOL

I can so see that. ;D Great that you found some things you liked!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13136 on: August 05, 2014, 05:04:42 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

I hope everyone is well!   Tuesday has been a bit kooky. A new project I was supposed to start wasn't working with the program they gave me, so now it's done away with until a later date.

Kept my filing to a minimum, and was able to get reports done while Maria is out.  Otherwise....status quo here.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13137 on: August 05, 2014, 05:14:11 pm »
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Really sorry to hear about your Uncle Chuck

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I hope it'll be a long time before you have to attend another funeral.

Thanks guys!  I appreciate the notes.

Of course, your mother had no siblings to turn to when her parents died.

And there is no guarantee that your mother would have outlived any siblings. She might have died first.

Truth be told, my grandparents didn't want any children.  They got married because Mom was on the way.   I'm sure the explanation was grandma's way of rationalizing not having any other  kids.  Either way, she may have done mom a favor.  Seeing my dad at the funerals of three of his brothers/sisters is not fun.  Yes, there is truth to what you say, but there's also truth to what grandma said.

You and I have rather different ideas when it comes to antiquing.  LOL

You have the means to afford real antiques.  LOL   I take what I can afford, and have room for. 

A disco ball an antique?  ;)

I can so see that. ;D Great that you found some things you liked!

Well, if the disco ball came about in the 70s, it's over 40 years old, so that may classify it as an antique.  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13138 on: August 05, 2014, 08:44:01 pm »
Truth be told, my grandparents didn't want any children.  They got married because Mom was on the way.   I'm sure the explanation was grandma's way of rationalizing not having any other  kids.  Either way, she may have done mom a favor.  Seeing my dad at the funerals of three of his brothers/sisters is not fun.  Yes, there is truth to what you say, but there's also truth to what grandma said.

Oh, gosh. I hope that doesn't mean your mother grew up feeling that she wasn't wanted.  :(

Well, if the disco ball came about in the 70s, it's over 40 years old, so that may classify it as an antique.  :laugh:

Hmm. And how old are you now, Sweetheart?  ;D  :-*

Welcome to the club. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13139 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:10 pm »
Sorry to hear about your uncle, Chuck.

You have the means to afford real antiques.  LOL   I take what I can afford, and have room for. 

Pearls take up very little space. Just saying...

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre