Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9041785 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13170 on: August 27, 2014, 06:34:48 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

As of now, I am free!   We went to court today, had a brief rebut from the plaintiff, closing arguments, judge's instructions, and from noon to four deliberated.

It was a very interesting decision, and came to a decision that made one of the defendants happy, and the plaintiff happy.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13171 on: August 28, 2014, 05:51:20 pm »

So how is everyone today?

It felt good to be in the office today, and I was able to get caught up on everything I needed to.  I was very happy about that.

I'm thinking that after work tomorrow, I may stop and use the Labor Day weekend sales as a good time to pick up a new TV.  My old TV is in good workding condition, but it's an old,  boxy monitor type thing.  I think it's time to update to a newer model, and then save this one for an emergency or something like that.

No major plans for the weekend, other than to give the apartment a good cleaning.  :)  It should be a nice, quiet weekend.

Tuesday is the start of the new bowling season, and work should get a little busier, now that summer and vacations are over.

Time to get some dinner!  Post up and let me know what's goin' on!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13172 on: August 29, 2014, 08:53:17 am »

TGIF!

I don't know what happened, but now I can access BetterMost from work again.  :laugh:

So here I am, while it's slow and no one is around!

I'm going out for dinner later tonight, and then shopping for the TV.  I hope to have one by end of this evening set up and ready to watch!

;D

Other than that, it looks to be a quiet weekend, which suits me just fine!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13173 on: August 29, 2014, 09:01:44 am »

I don't know what happened, but now I can access BetterMost from work again.  :laugh:

You mean it was a technical thing? I thought you meant you weren't allowed to access the site.

Sometimes there is just no explaining these things. This week we got a new version of Internet Explorer. The day the update was pushed through, it wouldn't work for shit on my PC. The next day it worked fine.

And our tech services people have no idea why!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13174 on: August 29, 2014, 09:21:12 am »
You mean it was a technical thing? I thought you meant you weren't allowed to access the site.

That's what I thought was happening, but for some reason, here it is again!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13175 on: August 29, 2014, 10:52:00 am »
That's what I thought was happening, but for some reason, here it is again!

Well, I guess as long as it works, and we don't get fired for doing it!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13176 on: August 29, 2014, 01:27:37 pm »
Well, I guess as long as it works, and we don't get fired for doing it!

works for me!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13177 on: August 29, 2014, 03:43:27 pm »
I bought a new TV (and DVD recorder)  about 2 years ago before they switched off analog. Most Kiwis (and Aussies) had to buy new TVs then (or a set top box to convert the signal)
I paid for a technician to come and set it up. I am hopeless with TVs. The whole 6 weeks I was in the US I only turned on the TV once (in Washington) and then only for half an hour. I get confused if more than one handset. I like the fact that my new TV has Guide on it so I do not have to take the one out of the paper. However there is rarely much on so after he news for an hour and current affairs for half an hour I rarely watch much more.
I sold my old TV on Trademe (NZ version of ebay) for $5. At that stage they were charging $20 to take to tip. They had a few months free not long after. It was a heavy thing (originally my mother's and she needed a big screen due to poor eyesight).  I sold it cheap hoping the buyer would pick it up but it was bought by a handicapped woman so I had to cart it up to my car then up her steps. >:(
I have another one in my bedroom attached to an old VHS player in case I decide to play one of my many VHS tapes. However I have not turned it on in over 2 years.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13178 on: August 30, 2014, 09:15:37 pm »

Evening everyone!  ;D

I decided to accept the option to move today, and I've been busy!  Up early, did the laundry, cleaned the whole apartment.....vacuumed, mopped, dusted, put everything away, and now I can relax the rest of the weekend.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13179 on: August 31, 2014, 11:15:11 pm »

Well, I did move, but it wasn't to work.  ;D

I slept in, watched tv, had lunch with my parents, and then spent the evening relaxing at home.  How is everyone else's weekend?