Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9038281 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13220 on: September 24, 2014, 03:00:13 pm »
quick peek in to say I think it's funny this is the ad that appeared when I signed on.

talk about barking up the wrong tree.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13221 on: September 25, 2014, 07:10:07 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Yup it's almost Friday!  :)   Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I plan to rest again for the most part this weekend, I don't want to push it too soon on my ankle.  I do intend, however, to frame the new pics/cells and reconfigure what's on the wall, so that they all fit in some sort of patern.

Getting the frames on Friday, hanging everything Friday evening, and loafing on Saturday.  Laundry on Sunday.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13222 on: September 27, 2014, 12:07:24 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

It was a quiet day at work, thank God.  :)  I got a bunch of my work done, and everything is pretty much caught up.

:)

No plans for the weekend, planning to relax and rest the ankle again, and of course, laundry on Sunday.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13223 on: September 29, 2014, 12:29:59 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Ok, I know that's not funny, but I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I saw that picture!

:laugh:

Yup, the weekend is over, and I'm back in my cubicle.  However, it appears to be a quiet day, and I'm very happy for that.

Did some cleaning around the apartment yesterday, got the trash taken out, laundry is done, and things are in place.  :)

I am at work today with my regular shoes and no ankle brace....so far so good.  However, I did bring my sneakers and brace if I should need them.

My Halloween costume arrived at the apartment on Saturday, so I'm ready for Halloween.  :)

How is everyone else doing?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13224 on: September 30, 2014, 01:40:12 am »
How is everyone else doing?

Busy. Partly in a good way (another vacation coming up, yay), partly not so much fun (managing my mother's inheritance).

After all of that, I really need to start planning on the new kitchen. We had hoped to get it in September. Ha ha, optimistic me. Now it rather looks like January/February. Once the planning is done and the new kitchen ordered, the estimated delivery time is between 6 and 8 weeks. In that time, we'll have to get the old one out, take the tiles out and new ones in, paint the walls and buy all the additional stuff like a new sitting area, lamps, etc. Lot's of work, but a fun project. I've never planned a kitchen before, we took over a used one when we moved out from our parents and after more than 20 years we still have it. ::) But not much longer! ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13225 on: September 30, 2014, 08:19:46 am »
Busy. Partly in a good way (another vacation coming up, yay), partly not so much fun (managing my mother's inheritance).

After all of that, I really need to start planning on the new kitchen. We had hoped to get it in September. Ha ha, optimistic me. Now it rather looks like January/February. Once the planning is done and the new kitchen ordered, the estimated delivery time is between 6 and 8 weeks. In that time, we'll have to get the old one out, take the tiles out and new ones in, paint the walls and buy all the additional stuff like a new sitting area, lamps, etc. Lot's of work, but a fun project. I've never planned a kitchen before, we took over a used one when we moved out from our parents and after more than 20 years we still have it. ::) But not much longer! ;D

Oh wow, sounds like a lot of work, but fun at the same time!  You'll be starting the new year with a new kitchen!  Use it in good health!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13226 on: September 30, 2014, 08:31:56 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!

Talk about counting down for the weekend!  LOL  :laugh:

I just think it's funny that the meme is worded in "sleeps", like when trying to explain something to a child.

Bowling night tonight, and my ankle has healed enough that I can go bowl.  I make sure I take it easy, but everything should be fine.

:)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13227 on: September 30, 2014, 11:28:17 am »
Hey, Chuck! I missed you while I was on vacation...no one around to tell me what day it was and how long until Friday!!  :laugh:
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13228 on: September 30, 2014, 11:50:20 am »
Hey, Chuck! I missed you while I was on vacation...no one around to tell me what day it was and how long until Friday!!  :laugh:

Ah, at least I know I serve a purpose!  :laugh:

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13229 on: September 30, 2014, 02:15:59 pm »
Ah, at least I know I serve a purpose!  :laugh:
You just confuse me, as I am a day ahead  ;D  However weekends are no different to weekdays for me, the joys of being retired. Fortunately my computer beeps at me in the morning with this day's activities.
Today I need to decide which bus to catch to the city, have lunch at Subways and go to our 60+ club meeting (first Wednesday of the month) to meet friends, put my name down for monthly activites - movie, culture and coffee group, tavern lunch, deal with any questions about the hiking group I organise, listen to a speaker  (today a Red Cross nurse) followed by coffee and chatting before the bus home. At least it is school holidays so the bus home will not be crowded with school kids  :) but Subways willl be at lunchtime. >:(