Author Topic: Thoughts for the day  (Read 1205437 times)

injest

Re: Thoughts for the day
« Reply #1070 on: March 03, 2008, 11:03:39 pm »
You should see him with his shirt off. ...  :P Thud!  ;D

OH NO!! JEFF!!!

*Jess looks for some water to throw on him*

Maybe he needs mouth to mouth!! RICH!! TRUMAN!!!

(I know he dont' want no woman to do it...)

(stay down!!! they'll be here in a minute)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1071 on: March 04, 2008, 10:02:47 am »
OH NO!! JEFF!!!

*Jess looks for some water to throw on him*

Maybe he needs mouth to mouth!! RICH!! TRUMAN!!!

(I know he dont' want no woman to do it...)

(stay down!!! they'll be here in a minute)

;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1072 on: March 04, 2008, 10:06:07 am »
A lot to measure up to, IMO.  She is a genius, albeit an eccentric one.  Her historical fictions are fantastic - The Feast of all Saints, Cry to Heaven.  I have waited in sone long lines for her to sign my books.

I have only ever read Interview with the Vampire (also saw the film), and I'm afraid her style was too, well, Gothic and overheated for my taste. I'm not familiar at all with her historical fictions. What are they about?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1073 on: March 04, 2008, 11:32:58 am »
Thanks, Susie! (For both of the above.  ;D )

(Mick should take his shirt off more often.  ;D At least when he doesn't he often wears those form-fitting knit pullover shirts.  ;D)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1074 on: March 04, 2008, 01:21:58 pm »
Jeff if you ever need mouth to mouth, just let me know.  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1075 on: March 04, 2008, 02:44:55 pm »
Jeff if you ever need mouth to mouth, just let me know.  ;D

Thanks, Cowboy! Might be too big a job for just you alone. You better bring Rich along, just in case.  ;D

injest

« Reply #1076 on: March 04, 2008, 02:46:06 pm »
I have only ever read Interview with the Vampire (also saw the film), and I'm afraid her style was too, well, Gothic and overheated for my taste. I'm not familiar at all with her historical fictions. What are they about?

I would recommend Cry to Heaven. I think you would like it Jeff. A young aristicrat from Venice is kidnapped and castrated by his older brother after the older one is passed over for the inheretance. He is taken to Florence? where he became a famous singer...his brother feared he would reveal what happened and attempted to have him murdered..there are a lot of twists and turns in the plot and castrati or no, our hero had a lot of sex, and was NO pushover...the final few pages? You won't put it down.

injest

« Reply #1077 on: March 04, 2008, 02:46:37 pm »
Thanks, Cowboy! Might be too big a job for just you alone. You better bring Rich along, just in case.  ;D

so they can take turns??  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1078 on: March 04, 2008, 03:00:36 pm »
I would recommend Cry to Heaven. I think you would like it Jeff. A young aristicrat from Venice is kidnapped and castrated by his older brother after the older one is passed over for the inheretance. He is taken to Florence? where he became a famous singer...his brother feared he would reveal what happened and attempted to have him murdered..there are a lot of twists and turns in the plot and castrati or no, our hero had a lot of sex, and was NO pushover...the final few pages? You won't put it down.

Thanks, Jess, that does sound like an interesting story. Wouldn't be the first novel I've read with a castrated central character, either. That would be Mary Renault's The Persian Boy.

I take it he's castrated so he can't have any offspring to inherit?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1079 on: March 04, 2008, 03:01:01 pm »

You know castration is alful far to take it, I would be better had he just lived a good life, that is the best revenge.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."